FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Changes

Changes

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Now this post might not last long , plus many might not post due to it's content , but if there was changes that you would like to see the site do what would there be .

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where as in the old days they couldn't

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Now this post might not last long , plus many might not post due to it's content , but if there was changes that you would like to see the site do what would there be .

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where as in the old days they couldn't "

Not answering your question but why does it bother you that people hide them? All mine are now hid ( I think...better check!)

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Probably controversial, but I think they should introduce code so that anyone who publishes a Sydney University (or similar) legal warning is automatically banned for stupidity.

"Probably controversial, but I think they should introduce code so that anyone who publishes a Sydney University (or similar) legal warning is automatically banned for stupidity. "

But that's one of my main filtering tools.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

If 2 profiles hotlist each other then they are both informed of a mutual hotlisting

By *dmirationMan  over a year ago

Bathgate

"Now this post might not last long , plus many might not post due to it's content , but if there was changes that you would like to see the site do what would there be .

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where as in the old days they couldn't "

Our ver are hidden as part of our discretion 2nd if we show our vers we get all sorts of abuse for having so many vers as people just assume we have fucked them all! Not the case 3rd what has it got to do with others who we have met?

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

Why do they have no purpose?

By *tevej1111Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where as in the old days they couldn't Our ver are hidden as part of our discretion 2nd if we show our vers we get all sorts of abuse for having so many vers as people just assume we have fucked them all! Not the case 3rd what has it got to do with others who we have met? "

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where as in the old days they couldn't

Why do they have no purpose? "

There purpose when i first ever joined the site was to show what peoples first thoughts where about the people they where meeting , which in turn helped you decide if they where the people who you would meet , plus you could then check to see who else had meet them .

But now you are getting people joining and getting verified within days then hidding then ( usually timwasters ) which in turn impacts on the Site ( you only need to look at posts about timewasters with veri's )

Have tried to explain this to the best i can

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where as in the old days they couldn't Our ver are hidden as part of our discretion 2nd if we show our vers we get all sorts of abuse for having so many vers as people just assume we have fucked them all! Not the case 3rd what has it got to do with others who we have met? "

I fully understand your 2nd point but thats just the numpties you get on here

There purpose when i first ever joined the site was to show what peoples first thoughts where about the people they where meeting , which in turn helped you decide if they where the people who you would meet , plus you could then check to see who else had meet them .

But now you are getting people joining and getting verified within days then hidding then ( usually timwasters ) which in turn impacts on the Site ( you only need to look at posts about timewasters with veri's )

Have tried to explain this to the best i can "

Or you could make up your own mind about people through chatting to them rather than taking the word of others

How about if you block someone you don't have to put up with their patter on the forums!!!

"How about if you block someone you don't have to put up with their patter on the forums!!! "

The forum threads wouldn't make sense then.

"If 2 profiles hotlist each other then they are both informed of a mutual hotlisting "

This one makes massive sense!!

By *itness_FornicatorsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If 2 profiles hotlist each other then they are both informed of a mutual hotlisting "

Or you could make up your own mind about people through chatting to them rather than taking the word of others "

If that is the way forward then i accept you would be agreeing with me that they have no purpose now as thats what they where designed for, information purposes so why introduce hidden them .

Now i have explained my reasons for not having them so can you explain why have them plus why hide them

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

ehhhh you could always hide veris been here since almost the start and never felt the need to show them

Or you could make up your own mind about people through chatting to them rather than taking the word of others

If that is the way forward then i accept you would be agreeing with me that they have no purpose now as thats what they where designed for, information purposes so why introduce hidden them .

Now i have explained my reasons for not having them so can you explain why have them plus why hide them "

Because who we've met is no cunts business and it upsets the paranoid who think we're hiding something

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

Hot listing info so you know who’s you are on would be good. Update history in profile would be funny like a page story.

Veri’s help by way of just confirming if anyone you are clicking along with message wise, is ok generally.

Heard all the reasons for opting not to show, that’s fine for those who are what you may class as “established “ on here,they have done the first meet,gained the tick and see no reason to show many or any.

Very like “customer reviews” on a shopping site, your lookin for something, think you have found the perfect thing, but to help, you can check out what others think of same thing.

Please don’t take me litteraly , I just mean it’s similar circs, I know people are people and not things you buy etc.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

The amount of people with not a single pic on their profiles is ridiculous. I think profiles should not be allowed with no pics.

south east

"The amount of people with not a single pic on their profiles is ridiculous. I think profiles should not be allowed with no pics."

"How about if you block someone you don't have to put up with their patter on the forums!!!

The forum threads wouldn't make sense then. "

"The amount of people with not a single pic on their profiles is ridiculous. I think profiles should not be allowed with no pics."

Yeah, this one definitely.

Maximum of 2 dick pics on any male profile.

edinburgh

"The amount of people with not a single pic on their profiles is ridiculous. I think profiles should not be allowed with no pics.

Yeah, this one definitely."

"Maximum of 2 dick pics on any male profile."

Do ending on how you define a picture of a dick they may only ever have two pics then..

*depending *ffs.

"The amount of people with not a single pic on their profiles is ridiculous. I think profiles should not be allowed with no pics.

"

You're awrite Stew...yours are just friends only.

edinburgh

You're awrite Stew...yours are just friends only."

Fair enough then I’d back your point.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Personally , i think theres nothing wrong with showing my veris or veris in general. If you want to hide your veris thats also up to you . Its all about personal choice. 1 thing i would change though and ive said this 100 times , the setting up of multiple fake accounts. Proper checks when an account is opened. Ie a couple needs only 3 accounts , maybe a 4th if they are known organisers of socials . By proper checks i mean , a picture of driving licence or passport for EVERY new acct. Make fab profiles mostly real again.

"Personally , i think theres nothing wrong with showing my veris or veris in general. If you want to hide your veris thats also up to you . Its all about personal choice. 1 thing i would change though and ive said this 100 times , the setting up of multiple fake accounts. Proper checks when an account is opened. Ie a couple needs only 3 accounts , maybe a 4th if they are known organisers of socials . By proper checks i mean , a picture of driving licence or passport for EVERY new acct. Make fab profiles mostly real again. "

I don't think many would show a passport or driving licence to join here.

Or you could make up your own mind about people through chatting to them rather than taking the word of others "

that would be the road i would take. Never believe anything you read. But then nobody will believe in what I said.

Blantyre

"Personally , i think theres nothing wrong with showing my veris or veris in general. If you want to hide your veris thats also up to you . Its all about personal choice. 1 thing i would change though and ive said this 100 times , the setting up of multiple fake accounts. Proper checks when an account is opened. Ie a couple needs only 3 accounts , maybe a 4th if they are known organisers of socials . By proper checks i mean , a picture of driving licence or passport for EVERY new acct. Make fab profiles mostly real again.

"

Thats why i would make it mandatory. Just my thoughts on it , you have to agree all profiles would at least be genuine and also have the first verifications ( from Fab itself)

"Personally , i think theres nothing wrong with showing my veris or veris in general. If you want to hide your veris thats also up to you . Its all about personal choice. 1 thing i would change though and ive said this 100 times , the setting up of multiple fake accounts. Proper checks when an account is opened. Ie a couple needs only 3 accounts , maybe a 4th if they are known organisers of socials . By proper checks i mean , a picture of driving licence or passport for EVERY new acct. Make fab profiles mostly real again.

Thats why i would make it mandatory. Just my thoughts on it , you have to agree all profiles would at least be genuine and also have the first verifications ( from Fab itself)"

It would but how many profiles would be left. Not many I'd imagine if it was mandatory

Thats why i would make it mandatory. Just my thoughts on it , you have to agree all profiles would at least be genuine and also have the first verifications ( from Fab itself)

It would but how many profiles would be left. Not many I'd imagine if it was mandatory "

So would you not rather have a site that you know is full off true people who enjoy this life style rather than have to question yourself if the profile and verifications ( if shown ) are real

It would but how many profiles would be left. Not many I'd imagine if it was mandatory

So would you not rather have a site that you know is full off true people who enjoy this life style rather than have to question yourself if the profile and verifications ( if shown ) are real "

We're only here to meet single guys so fake profiles isn't something we need to worry about

coatbridge

I believe it would be illegal for a site to ask forlegal documentation I simply wouldnt provide these documents to any org that wanted it

Blantyre

"I believe it would be illegal for a site to ask forlegal documentation I simply wouldnt provide these documents to any org that wanted it"

Companies use these documents all the time to verify you are real and prevent fraud etc. Casinos to name one. Theres is more to prevent money laundering though i guess.

"I believe it would be illegal for a site to ask for legal documentation I simply wouldnt provide these documents to any org that wanted it"

There is other means at hand that can proof you are who you say you are.

Now i know the site do the ( hold the paper with user name plus site name and 2hands clear ) but as you can see that is a thing that can easily be by-passed .

So i ask this if you have filled in correctly what the site ask for to get verified why showing them your pic on a passport off driving licence would be a problem as they already have your details on file ?

I want control over which verifications I can show.

Fir example I had 1o veris on display and every verification was a social only and in the space of two days I received two messages from girls who basically said "you trying to shag the whole site"

This means they didn't read the verifications and thought I was just trying to fuck all the time on here.

Also I met a girl a few years ago now, lovely n sexy and we played, safe play and then her next 5 meets were all bare from pics and verifications so I didn't display mines as people would think I was playing bare with her as well.

We all have verifications, well most but we should be able to show what we want when we want

coatbridge

Thats why I would make it mandatory........this means its a pre requisite that you provide these which they have no legal right to ask for its your words im simply stating I dont believe they can/or should be able to ask for legal documents

coatbridge

"I believe it would be illegal for a site to ask for legal documentation I simply wouldnt provide these documents to any org that wanted it

There is other means at hand that can proof you are who you say you are.

Now i know the site do the ( hold the paper with user name plus site name and 2hands clear ) but as you can see that is a thing that can easily be by-passed .

So i ask this if you have filled in correctly what the site ask for to get verified why showing them your pic on a passport off driving licence would be a problem as they already have your details on file ?"

I wouldnt hold a piece of paper with some scribbling on it either I placeno value in photo veris

"I want control over which verifications I can show.

Fir example I had 1o veris on display and every verification was a social only and in the space of two days I received two messages from girls who basically said "you trying to shag the whole site"

This means they didn't read the verifications and thought I was just trying to fuck all the time on here.

Also I met a girl a few years ago now, lovely n sexy and we played, safe play and then her next 5 meets were all bare from pics and verifications so I didn't display mines as people would think I was playing bare with her as well.

We all have verifications, well most but we should be able to show what we want when we want "

The purpose originally on site was the verifications where always shown for info purposes , they only changed them due to pressure from others , so going by your own statement there really is no purpose in having them as you have learnt the good and the bad side off them

Mine would be remove all Verifications as now they have no purpose as people hide them where

as in the old days they couldn't Our ver are hidden as part of our discretion 2nd if we show our vers we get all sorts of abuse for having so many vers as people just assume we have fucked them all! Not the case 3rd what has it got to do with others who we have met? "

Yeah I agree, I've only got one (so far) but if people actually took the time to read them (assuming they can read) most of them are meets for coffee and chats which if you read the profile THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR........ so hide or not it's the person's choice and shouldn't be abused for it.

coatbridge

We all have verifications, well most but we should be able to show what we want when we want

The purpose originally on site was the verifications where always shown for info purposes , they only changed them due to pressure from others , so going by your own statement there really is no purpose in having them as you have learnt the good and the bad side off them "

where are you getting "they were always on show" I was here little over a yr after the site lauched and veris showing has always been optional for the yrs discrepancy I will check with a friend whos a day one user and im pretty certain she always hid her veris also

I have a few veris but only display more recent ones

Have been on here a few years and feel my first veri and some others are out of date

Choosing not to show them is my choice

south east

The purpose originally on site was the verifications where always shown for info purposes , they only changed them due to pressure from others , so going by your own statement there really is no purpose in having them as you have learnt the good and the bad side off them where are you getting "they were always on show" I was here little over a yr after the site lauched and veris showing has always been optional for the yrs discrepancy I will check with a friend whos a day one user and im pretty certain she always hid her veris also"

same.. I cannot remember a time where showing veris was NOT optional

The purpose originally on site was the verifications where always shown for info purposes , they only changed them due to pressure from others , so going by your own statement there really is no purpose in having them as you have learnt the good and the bad side off them where are you getting "they were always on show" I was here little over a yr after the site lauched and veris showing has always been optional for the yrs discrepancy I will check with a friend whos a day one user and im pretty certain she always hid her veris also"

I arrived on here +/- 6yrs ago and all veris at that time where shown or i was just lucky enough to be viewing ( a cross range from England , Scotland ,Wales,Ireland ) then i started to notice it went to a green veri tick with the verification hidden to show prople you had been verified .

[Removed by poster at 06/12/18 15:14:33]

I have taken to showing a new social verification for a few days. It shows people I am wiling to meet and am shite at socials.. Then I hide them..My profile.. My choice..

coatbridge

The purpose originally on site was the verifications where always shown for info purposes , they only changed them due to pressure from others , so going by your own statement there really is no purpose in having them as you have learnt the good and the bad side off them where are you getting "they were always on show" I was here little over a yr after the site lauched and veris showing has always been optional for the yrs discrepancy I will check with a friend whos a day one user and im pretty certain she always hid her veris also

I arrived on here +/- 6yrs ago and all veris at that time where shown or i was just lucky enough to be viewing ( a cross range from England , Scotland ,Wales,Ireland ) then i started to notice it went to a green veri tick with the verification hidden to show prople you had been verified ."

as I said at that time it was definatly optional so your premise is based on a misconception by yourself. The folk you viewed may have chosen to show theirs but not forced to show them

The purpose originally on site was the verifications where always shown for info purposes , they only changed them due to pressure from others , so going by your own statement there really is no purpose in having them as you have learnt the good and the bad side off them where are you getting "they were always on show" I was here little over a yr after the site lauched and veris showing has always been optional for the yrs discrepancy I will check with a friend whos a day one user and im pretty certain she always hid her veris also

I arrived on here +/- 6yrs ago and all veris at that time where shown or i was just lucky enough to be viewing ( a cross range from England , Scotland ,Wales,Ireland ) then i started to notice it went to a green veri tick with the verification hidden to show prople you had been verified .as I said at that time it was definatly optional so your premise is based on a misconception by yourself. The folk you viewed may have chosen to show theirs but not forced to show them "

Na na , i personnally would find it strange that out off all the ones i viewed (mind single guy ) all wanted to show there verifications then suddenly over time more people started to hide theres what happened did swinging get out somewhere ? thurst making a higher % off people hide there verifications

coatbridge

You have two folk here plus 9 yrs telling you its always been optional but we must be lying so you can be right lol

Maybe , someone from the Mod side will come along and explain if it had always been otpional, and if do i will fully apologise for stating it wasn't and i was just one lucky bugger

"I believe it would be illegal for a site to ask forlegal documentation I simply wouldnt provide these documents to any org that wanted it

Companies use these documents all the time to verify you are real and prevent fraud etc. Casinos to name one. Theres is more to prevent money laundering though i guess. "

You'd jump through those hoops in the pursuit of sex?

"You have two folk here plus 9 yrs telling you its always been optional but we must be lying so you can be right lol "

Hang on Kola , you stated you couldn't remember it not being opitional but was going to ask a friend and Bunkie said he couldn't remember it not being optional either but that doesn't say it wasn't opitional so as i said on the other post maybe someone will come along and let us know for definite

coatbridge

"I believe it would be illegal for a site to ask forlegal documentation I simply wouldnt provide these documents to any org that wanted it

Companies use these documents all the time to verify you are real and prevent fraud etc. Casinos to name one. Theres is more to prevent money laundering though i guess. "

most accept the obvious....for those who dont look of a legal age they may ask for a passport or driving liscence but its not the only means just the easiest if you want to show them. you dont have to show legal documents. Most accept third party verification and most will also accept credit card and an addressed bill in your name (used this method myself for the grovsnor)

coatbridge

"You have two folk here plus 9 yrs telling you its always been optional but we must be lying so you can be right lol

Hang on Kola , you stated you couldn't remember it not being opitional but was going to ask a friend and Bunkie said he couldn't remember it not being optional either but that doesn't say it wasn't opitional so as i said on the other post maybe someone will come along and let us know for definite "

no I said I was here around a yr after fab started. which is around 10 11 yrs ago _unkies here longer than me and I have always had my veris hidden which is how I know your wrong if you first joined 6 yrs ago

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I'd like to be able to see people's previous username or usernames

Like the green arrow but you can see all the reincarnations

coatbridge

"I'd like to be able to see people's previous username or usernames

Like the green arrow but you can see all the reincarnations "

not got the server space for the amounts some have/had

"You have two folk here plus 9 yrs telling you its always been optional but we must be lying so you can be right lol

Hang on Kola , you stated you couldn't remember it not being opitional but was going to ask a friend and Bunkie said he couldn't remember it not being optional either but that doesn't say it wasn't opitional so as i said on the other post maybe someone will come along and let us know for definite no I said I was here around a yr after fab started. which is around 10 11 yrs ago _unkies here longer than me and I have always had my veris hidden which is how I know your wrong if you first joined 6 yrs ago"

Ok so they could have been non opitional 10/11yrs ago, i don't think i have been here than long but time goes go by quickly tgese days

Edinburgh

Like the green arrow but you can see all the reincarnations not got the server space for the amounts some have/had "

Aye! Am sure

very good point

Blantyre

Companies use these documents all the time to verify you are real and prevent fraud etc. Casinos to name one. Theres is more to prevent money laundering though i guess.

You'd jump through those hoops in the pursuit of sex?

"

Not at all , id happily show proper id if it stopped all the fake profiles . The profiles that are set up for a week or so just to try and wind up single guys or honey trap them. Im sure you of all people understand the type of profile i speak of.

coatbridge

Nope friend since day dot says always been optional to display

Iv been here since way back kola iv never known veris to be anything other than optional?

Their writing style usually gives them away sooner or later.

Their writing style usually gives them away sooner or later."

agree and this works with fake profiles on the forums too

Edin

Showing veris were never optional, could always hide them and we have been here since almost the start

"Nope friend since day dot says always been optional to display "

I maybe stand corrected but still needing the proof .

Edinburgh

Their writing style usually gives them away sooner or later."

For some, yes. However, I have little space in my brain to store that info for long

But it also would be good for people private messaging you. And no, when you ask about previous profile names some evade the question

coatbridge

"Showing veris were never optional, could always hide them and we have been here since almost the start "
lol t you mean you always had the option to hide them

coatbridge

"Nope friend since day dot says always been optional to display

I maybe stand corrected but still needing the proof . "

is multiple users who have been on site 10yrs plus not enough proof or are we all wrong because you want your post to be viable which its not if it was always optional to display or not

Edin

"Showing veris were never optional, could always hide them and we have been here since almost the start lol t you mean you always had the option to hide them "

Yea it’s been a long day that’s what I mean

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"How about if you block someone you don't have to put up with their patter on the forums!!! "

I like this idea. Have seen it elsewhere and it works well.

I maybe stand corrected but still needing the proof . is multiple users who have been on site 10yrs plus not enough proof or are we all wrong because you want your post to be viable which its not if it was always optional to display or not "

Kola your taken this to new extremes , i am only trying to get a defined answer to this question about optional or not by the people who would know , now you have been here 10/11yrs but there will have been others from all over GB who have been on longer so maybe they will come up with a more viable truth than just word off mouth.

Now as i said if i am wrong i am man enough to apologise for my mistake and as i said earlier i was maybe just a lucky man when i viewed a cross range off profiles and all had veris open

"How about if you block someone you don't have to put up with their patter on the forums!!!

I like this idea. Have seen it elsewhere and it works well."

There already is a thing on the site for that and it's called Self exclusioning yourself from said posts

"Showing veris were never optional, could always hide them and we have been here since almost the start lol t you mean you always had the option to hide them

Yea it’s been a long day that’s what I mean "

that's what I mean too

glasgow

There already is a thing on the site for that and it's called Self exclusioning yourself from said posts "

No, that's not the same thing.

coatbridge

I maybe stand corrected but still needing the proof . is multiple users who have been on site 10yrs plus not enough proof or are we all wrong because you want your post to be viable which its not if it was always optional to display or not

Kola your taken this to new extremes , i am only trying to get a defined answer to this question about optional or not by the people who would know , now you have been here 10/11yrs but there will have been others from all over GB who have been on longer so maybe they will come up with a more viable truth than just word off mouth.

Now as i said if i am wrong i am man enough to apologise for my mistake and as i said earlier i was maybe just a lucky man when i viewed a cross range off profiles and all had veris open "

lol errr you have another three who are on longer than me saying the same.

do you think fabswingers is a diffrent site in other parts of gb ?

Some folk choose to show all there veris some dont and thats the point.

you were trting to push across that at some point it wasnt optional which simply isnt the case.

its something I would never agree to that anyone and everyone is entitled to see what ive been up to

There already is a thing on the site for that and it's called Self exclusioning yourself from said posts

No, that's not the same thing."

How do you work that out.

View post if you don't like person you block and does that not stop you from seeing any off tgere posts , if it doesn't stop that then you use the 2nd option which is your own exclusion from there posts ,

glasgow

View post if you don't like person you block and does that not stop you from seeing any off tgere posts , if it doesn't stop that then you use the 2nd option which is your own exclusion from there posts , "

It's easier if they were blocked completely. It would also stop some of the petty arguments you see on the forum .

I agree would be great if those on your block list you don't see any of their comments..don't know if it still s_ands but it used to be like that in the chat room.

This!! Very reason why I hide most of mine too x

"I agree would be great if those on your block list you don't see any of their comments..don't know if it still s_ands but it used to be like that in the chat room."

Yes, it's still like that in the chat room.

That would be good in the forum as there's a few in there that post that much pish it actually hurts your eyes

View post if you don't like person you block and does that not stop you from seeing any off tgere posts , if it doesn't stop that then you use the 2nd option which is your own exclusion from there posts ,

It's easier if they were blocked completely. It would also stop some of the petty arguments you see on the forum ."

Totally agree with you there loads and loads off those arguments about in these forums thats why i use that self exclusion thing and only get in ones that i think are good discussions

glasgow

It's easier if they were blocked completely. It would also stop some of the petty arguments you see on the forum .

Totally agree with you there loads and loads off those arguments about in these forums thats why i use that self exclusion thing and only get in ones that i think are good discussions "

It would cut down on the threads that get side-tracked by some of the arguments that ultimately see what could be a decent thread die off.

There are no downsides to it, if someone doesn't want to use the function they don't. For those who do it can be very handy. No one loses out of it.

glasgow

"I agree would be great if those on your block list you don't see any of their comments..don't know if it still s_ands but it used to be like that in the chat room."

Would probably narrow it down to a seperate block list for the forum. Sometimes we block folk for fairly innocent reasons that has nothing to do with their behaviour etc

» Add a new message to this topic