FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > blood donation

blood donation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ir laugh a lot OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

hi folks its that time of year again and i was wondering if any folk would care to join me in a visit to the bloodbank and a wee lunchtime social i know not everyone can due to health reasons or even work but if anyones interested get in touch it might just save a life and make some familys christmas due to your unselfish actions anyway im getting this in quick hope you all have a very happy christmas and wishing you and yours all the very best for 2019 when it comes ,, cheers x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

"hi folks its that time of year again and i was wondering if any folk would care to join me in a visit to the bloodbank and a wee lunchtime social i know not everyone can due to health reasons or even work but if anyones interested get in touch it might just save a life and make some familys christmas due to your unselfish actions anyway im getting this in quick hope you all have a very happy christmas and wishing you and yours all the very best for 2019 when it comes ,, cheers x "

Same to you. ??

glasgow

ok so you dont want to give blood accepted but how about a lunchtime social for those who cant manage both?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wtf...let’s all get together and give blood as a social meet from a sex site!...

Clearly not interested in helping others by giving blood, just give Blood and be proactive for that reason alone..Jesus!

"ok so you dont want to give blood accepted but how about a lunchtime social for those who cant manage both?"

You don't seem to be laughing that much

If it progresses to a meet are we looking at organ donation?

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"hi folks its that time of year again and i was wondering if any folk would care to join me in a visit to the bloodbank and a wee lunchtime social i know not everyone can due to health reasons or even work but if anyones interested get in touch it might just save a life and make some familys christmas due to your unselfish actions anyway im getting this in quick hope you all have a very happy christmas and wishing you and yours all the very best for 2019 when it comes ,, cheers x "

I dont give blood because i do not like needles but that makes me selfish ?? Thats what your post implies. ??

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Wondering why the op only gives blood at this time of year? You know you can donate every 12 weeks?

Good excuse for coffee and cake after but it does sound a bit creepy to me - needles, blood and a social meet

V x

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

The op has done this for many yrs to highlight the need for blood and its constituent parts.

its not just this time of yr he attends either

coatbridge

And cant give blood this yr two new tatts mean they wont accept hope you social is attended as always

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

"ok so you dont want to give blood accepted but how about a lunchtime social for those who cant manage both?"

Not able to do lunch time socials, but did want to say happy yuletide back.

"And cant give blood this yr two new tatts mean they wont accept hope you social is attended as always "

You know the rules have changed Kola?

coatbridge

"And cant give blood this yr two new tatts mean they wont accept hope you social is attended as always

You know the rules have changed Kola? "

last I heard it was six months clear (im only weeks clear)

By *MCFUN5Couple  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Sometimes I think people can’t do right for doing wrong on here.

Well done OP for reminding us that giving blood can save lives and the Blood Transfusion Service itself have been heavily promoting on TV and Radion emphasising that this time of year is especially busy for them.

Socials and Meets aside, can we not try and support each other when someone is trying to do a good deed?

Jeeze!

Rant over

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

"Sometimes I think people can’t do right for doing wrong on here.

Well done OP for reminding us that giving blood can save lives and the Blood Transfusion Service itself have been heavily promoting on TV and Radion emphasising that this time of year is especially busy for them.

Socials and Meets aside, can we not try and support each other when someone is trying to do a good deed?

Jeeze!

Rant over"

GLASGOW

"The op has done this for many yrs to highlight the need for blood and its constituent parts.

its not just this time of yr he attends either"

Jeeze!

Rant over"

This

"And cant give blood this yr two new tatts mean they wont accept hope you social is attended as always

You know the rules have changed Kola? last I heard it was six months clear (im only weeks clear) "

4 months now.

By *evilsAdvocate94Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Go do it meet or not. Stocks are always lower at this time of year as people get bugs and don’t donate as much.

I’ve got my appointment for next week to donate

I can't donate just now need to wait a year cause a recent tattoo

"I can't donate just now need to wait a year cause a recent tattoo"

4 months now

By *evilsAdvocate94Woman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I can't donate just now need to wait a year cause a recent tattoo"

Rules changed you only have to wait 4 months now

They don’t want my blood.

Boo hoo.

I had a couple of blood transfusions in the 80’s and 90’s

J x

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"They don’t want my blood.

Boo hoo.

I had a couple of blood transfusions in the 80’s and 90’s

J x"

Same here.

Can't do it as I take meds for high bp

Paisley

Sir Laugh a Lot donates on a regular basis. I met him socially before and he’s a lovely guy. There’s nothing sinister in his suggestion. At this time of year blood banks run low on supplies. Blood donation centre is in Nelson Mandela Place.

First time I had a blood transfusion I was a teenager and it saved my life. Second time was after I had my first child who was born prematurely.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Jeeze!

Rant over"

I commend the guy for giving blood and if he gets a meet into the bargain too then thats great too. My bee in my bonnet about this post was by NOT giving blood , i was being selfish as his OP implies. I have a fear of needles so will not be giving blood. People with medical reasons or tats or whatever are not selfish either. Good luck OP on all your offers but not for me thx.

Jeeze!

Rant over

I commend the guy for giving blood and if he gets a meet into the bargain too then thats great too. My bee in my bonnet about this post was by NOT giving blood , i was being selfish as his OP implies. I have a fear of needles so will not be giving blood. People with medical reasons or tats or whatever are not selfish either. Good luck OP on all your offers but not for me thx. "

I’m not getting where the OP implies that you’re being selfish if you don’t give blood.

"I can't donate just now need to wait a year cause a recent tattoo

Rules changed you only have to wait 4 months now "

Oh I never knew that thanks

Good post op

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

I used to be a blood donor but because of meds I’m on now I can’t. I’m 0- and my blood was also able to be used in the neonatal unit (I believe not all blood can be, so I was told anyway), so I’m a bit gutted I can’t help out. I know how important blood donation is, so please if you can, do it. I’m a big fearty when it comes to needles but you get fancy biscuits after - so that along with the fact you could save someone’s life - what more incentive do you need

GLASGOW

"I used to be a blood donor but because of meds I’m on now I can’t. I’m 0- and my blood was also able to be used in the neonatal unit (I believe not all blood can be, so I was told anyway), so I’m a bit gutted I can’t help out. I know how important blood donation is, so please if you can, do it. I’m a big fearty when it comes to needles but you get fancy biscuits after - so that along with the fact you could save someone’s life - what more incentive do you need "

glasgow

let me make a few things clear not once have i even considered this as an oppertunity for me to meet someone and have sex and i am still not what i was saying ,, is it might just save a life and make some familys christmas due to your unselfish actions anyone giving blood is not selfish in fact they could be giving the greatest gift ever those who i suggested just come along to a lunchtime social i dont consider selfish as many folk have many justified reasons why they cant give blood thank you to both koala and falcon for your supportive posts i give platelets once a week and blood every 3 months i am 61 and have given every week and 3 months since the day of my 18th birthday i just thought some folk who may have got out of the habit of giving would find this an ideal chance to start again and those who have never been have the support of those going strange as everyone may think on a swinging site not every night out.lunch or event centres around sex as falcons quiz nights are testimont to it was a general invite to all and i implied nothing but a warm welcome and a chance to support others who might need it and yes as its the christmas season its needed even more cheers i hope this takes away your thoughts of it or of i being creepy or having any other motives i can assure you cheers

Congrats on donating.

I do it at least twice a year.

Good for you op I try to donate when possible too

"let me make a few things clear not once have i even considered this as an oppertunity for me to meet someone and have sex and i am still not what i was saying ,, is it might just save a life and make some familys christmas due to your unselfish actions anyone giving blood is not selfish in fact they could be giving the greatest gift ever those who i suggested just come along to a lunchtime social i dont consider selfish as many folk have many justified reasons why they cant give blood thank you to both koala and falcon for your supportive posts i give platelets once a week and blood every 3 months i am 61 and have given every week and 3 months since the day of my 18th birthday i just thought some folk who may have got out of the habit of giving would find this an ideal chance to start again and those who have never been have the support of those going strange as everyone may think on a swinging site not every night out.lunch or event centres around sex as falcons quiz nights are testimont to it was a general invite to all and i implied nothing but a warm welcome and a chance to support others who might need it and yes as its the christmas season its needed even more cheers i hope this takes away your thoughts of it or of i being creepy or having any other motives i can assure you cheers"

Well done to you. It didn't seem creepy to me, just maybe a wee push to others to consider it, you don't have to go it alone kind of thing. I can't donate because I take anti coagulant meds, I did before. I am on the organ donor register though and that's another issue folk need reminded of from time to time x

Jeeze!

Rant over

I commend the guy for giving blood and if he gets a meet into the bargain too then thats great too. My bee in my bonnet about this post was by NOT giving blood , i was being selfish as his OP implies. I have a fear of needles so will not be giving blood. People with medical reasons or tats or whatever are not selfish either. Good luck OP on all your offers but not for me thx. "

Think you are taking it a bit personally, I get that as I wasn't able to breastfeed my son due to meds and I often felt people were trying to guilt trip me when it wasn't my fault. Doesn't seem to me the OP meant to do that. Not sure how bad your needle phobia is but if it is something you would like to try I know the staff are all very experienced at dealing with people that dislike needles, helping them through it. If not never mind, there's a million ways to do good in the world

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Apologies OP glad to hear you donate regularly and hope someone joins you for your post donation sugar kick

I gave blood once, fainted and found out not long after I was type 1 diabetic. Despite being healthier than a lot of people, no one wants my blood now

Glad lots of others donate when they can though. It's an absolute necessity!

V x

Paisley

"let me make a few things clear not once have i even considered this as an oppertunity for me to meet someone and have sex and i am still not what i was saying ,, is it might just save a life and make some familys christmas due to your unselfish actions anyone giving blood is not selfish in fact they could be giving the greatest gift ever those who i suggested just come along to a lunchtime social i dont consider selfish as many folk have many justified reasons why they cant give blood thank you to both koala and falcon for your supportive posts i give platelets once a week and blood every 3 months i am 61 and have given every week and 3 months since the day of my 18th birthday i just thought some folk who may have got out of the habit of giving would find this an ideal chance to start again and those who have never been have the support of those going strange as everyone may think on a swinging site not every night out.lunch or event centres around sex as falcons quiz nights are testimont to it was a general invite to all and i implied nothing but a warm welcome and a chance to support others who might need it and yes as its the christmas season its needed even more cheers i hope this takes away your thoughts of it or of i being creepy or having any other motives i can assure you cheers"

Let me know when and I’ll try and catch you for a coffee. I’m near the donation centre anyway.

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I can't donate just now need to wait a year cause a recent tattoo

Rules changed you only have to wait 4 months now "

Jeezo I have to get one every four months now.

glasgow

i sure will xxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Might make lunch depending when your holding it xx

glasgow

will let you know asap and would be nice seeing you again xxxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"will let you know asap and would be nice seeing you again xxxx"
you too xx

By *ay rickMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Good to see it's not just wales forum that have the keyboard warriors lol

Great job op it makes me smile hearing good deeds being done...I'm 6ft2 tall strong rocker type...yet show me a needle and I'm either running or passed out either 1 pms....wish I could and have tried but hey...my parts are there for all when dead n gone...goodluck bud

» Add a new message to this topic