FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The importance of aesthetics?

The importance of aesthetics?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Or,

Need they be attractive, to be a good meet?

I was discussing with a friend the other day, that a few years ago, i decided to meet with women who were not my usual type. I made the decision based on the simple fact that, i had been turned down based solely on my looks (i was a bit overweight, older looking than my years and yes i understood i wasnt what i would call stunningly handsome, for most women.

However i had chatted with a woman gor a while and we were getting along great, then she asked for a photo, which i sent of course.

She was polite with her response and telling me i wasnt her type, she orefferred blah blah blah.

Fair enough, i got that.

However i was confident that despite this, we would have, could have and (in my mind) damn well should have had some amazing exoeriences together.

. I wasnt bitter or uoset but after dwelling on this now lost caise i decided that, who was i to miss out on amazing exoeriences just becase a woman didnt match my (then) ideal.

From then i started to meet with women who didnt match my idel, BBW'S, women who were more mature than i would previously meet and women under 25. Etc etc

It was the best decision i ever made. I met really cool, adveturous, fun women and had amazing times indeed.

So, for ne at least the aesthetics of pkay partber isnt that high, yes i enjoy beauty, but i enjoy an adventurous, open minded and fun woman so much more.

My question is, do you still base your meets on looks and looks alone, if yes. Thats ok, if not, what do you base your meet desicions on?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I apologies for the typos.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I never have. I have said before I could happily (and have before) meet someone without seeing their picture as long as they could guarantee they are normal looking. I find the better the conversation and how quick witted and sarcastic they are the better they are sexually. Maybe coincidence for for me that has certainly been the case x

I met someone once who was not my type and considerably older. I wouldn't say I was attracted to him but we had a lot of 'interests' in common. Was one of the best meets yet !!!

By *rMrsWTFCouple  over a year ago

Arbroath

There needs to be some attraction wether that be physically or mentally that why social meets first are important to us

By *ade and VanessaCouple  over a year ago

Central Scotland

Agreed to an extent. There needs to be some physical attraction but I need a mental spark and I think it's particularly important to be sexually compatible - I don't want a particularly submissive man, that wouldn't work for me. Anyone who can't play within the boundaries set isn't going to do anything for me. I'm probably fussier than W in a lot of ways.

V x

Unless someone was way off what I find physically attractive then I'd go along with this. Some of the most boring people I've spoke to on here have been model material. Like Mrs Roleplay, those who have made me laugh and been interesting to chat to have been in with a better shout.

"Unless someone was way off what I find physically attractive then I'd go along with this. Some of the most boring people I've spoke to on here have been model material. Like Mrs Roleplay, those who have made me laugh and been interesting to chat to have been in with a better shout."

I wondered why you said you would only meet me if I was gagged and you were blindfolded. Ffs

"Unless someone was way off what I find physically attractive then I'd go along with this. Some of the most boring people I've spoke to on here have been model material. Like Mrs Roleplay, those who have made me laugh and been interesting to chat to have been in with a better shout."

You saying I'm fugly x

When I first came in here I would say yes I was a fussy bugger and my age and size parameters etc had to fit a certain type

The older and less physically attractive I become ie, shaved head to avoid the balding silver locks, and the well worn battered face I found attracting that range was becoming increasingly difficult unless, off course I’m working on the door of a pub and I am seen for me and not a grainy pic in here.

What I look for more now is someone’s interests for a match rather than their looks.

I don’t care if your 18 or 70 size 8 or 18 as long as you are comfortable in your own skin and know what it is you want and it matches with my interests

Oh and you have good taste in coffee.

1st and foremost I need to be attracted right away to someone before any chance of meeting someone.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"1st and foremost I need to be attracted right away to someone before any chance of meeting someone."

Same for me. I know what im looking for and if i can not find it i will gladly go without. I would prefer to spend my free time with my friends and family rather than a man on Fab who i am not attracted to.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 26/11/18 08:43:23]

Edinburgh

I have to be attracted to the whole package. Look wise something has to draw you to that person, may that be the expression of their eyes, smile,voice etc...

For me, It's like a painting. No one acquires a beautiful painting who has the wrong frame around it

"I have to be attracted to the whole package. Look wise something has to draw you to that person, may that be the expression of their eyes, smile,voice etc...

For me, It's like a painting. No one acquires a beautiful painting who has the wrong frame around it "

I recently did, just re-framed it

I did say age and size aren’t that important but size does come into a range, I don’t like anorexia nor am I interested in the morbidly obese.

Looks are secondary to me.

When browsing, I have my filters on and anyone in there is a potential meet.

I then look at interests, smoking/non smoking, before I make my judgement on looks.

If there is still anyone left in these filters, and there are a lot of you out there who are, then I’m interested

Never been one who goes for looks only. Has to be attractions on other levels

Edinburgh

"I have to be attracted to the whole package. Look wise something has to draw you to that person, may that be the expression of their eyes, smile,voice etc...

For me, It's like a painting. No one acquires a beautiful painting who has the wrong frame around it

I recently did, just re-framed it "

Must have been a very nice painting because good frames are not cheap

"Unless someone was way off what I find physically attractive then I'd go along with this. Some of the most boring people I've spoke to on here have been model material. Like Mrs Roleplay, those who have made me laugh and been interesting to chat to have been in with a better shout.

You saying I'm fugly x"

Never x

By *pinCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Never bothered with looks as long as they’re confident within themselves. Have a low age limit, might change it for winter and see.

I'm not interested in even chatting if there's no physical attraction.

But that's not merely enough, need a modicum of intelligence and a sense of humour to back it up.

Sorry, not sorry!

"I'm not interested in even chatting if there's no physical attraction.

But that's not merely enough, need a modicum of intelligence and a sense of humour to back it up.

Sorry, not sorry! "

What about the female who you met recently and you said you didn't fancy? Or was that not apparent until you met face to face?

Not trying to fire intae yer y's big fella. Just being a nosey wee shite....

Sorry, not sorry!

What about the female who you met recently and you said you didn't fancy? Or was that not apparent until you met face to face?

Not trying to fire intae yer y's big fella. Just being a nosey wee shite...."

Big. Nosey BIG shite.

Sorry, not sorry!

Big. Nosey BIG shite. "

Are you looking at that picture again DD

Sorry, not sorry!

Big. Nosey BIG shite.

Are you looking at that picture again DD "

Every time I shut my eyes.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

I need to be physically attracted to someone before I would have sex with them

Sorry, not sorry!

What female? That's news to me!!!

Sorry, not sorry!

You and I don't actually chat and haven't done so in a long time. I'm a little confused what you're on about?

I guessing this is a green arrow moment.

"I guessing this is a green arrow moment."

Think she is putting in her teeth!

Sorry, not sorry!

You and I don't actually chat and haven't done so in a long time. I'm a little confused what you're on about? "

I've maybe misunderstood, I'll look for the thread. You said you'd met someone and enjoyed her company, she was funny etc but you weren't attracted to her?

"I guessing this is a green arrow moment.

Think she is putting in her teeth! "

Chewing through another muzzle!

I think this is the post in question, from the non-sexual meets thread:

"Met a woman on here for a social meet when I was bored one Friday night, not physically attracted to her in the slightest and she's not one bit interested in me, we knew that beforehoand, but she's a funny smart intelligent girl and she got and opinion on things she not afraid to hide. I like her! "

"I think this is the post in question, from the non-sexual meets thread:

Met a woman on here for a social meet when I was bored one Friday night, not physically attracted to her in the slightest and she's not one bit interested in me, we knew that beforehoand, but she's a funny smart intelligent girl and she got and opinion on things she not afraid to hide. I like her! "

Ah that was donkeys ago!

Someone who lives close and used to message me to that effect. Was never physcially attracted to her (though going by her veris I seem to be the exception), when I told her my circumstances she wasn't interested either.

I suppose she goes down as the exception to the rule, many a debate re Irish politics, Scottish independence and what's wrong with society these days. She is someone who Id go for a drink with on here and there'd be no hidden motives.

Apologies, I stand corrected Doggy, it happened once. I'd no idea you paid so much attention to things I say on here. Maybe I should try to be more high brow in that case and up my game.

It was in the last week.

"It was in the last week."

It happened months ago. Your point?

Met a woman on here for a social meet when I was bored one Friday night, not physically attracted to her in the slightest and she's not one bit interested in me, we knew that beforehoand, but she's a funny smart intelligent girl and she got and opinion on things she not afraid to hide. I like her!

Ah that was donkeys ago!

Someone who lives close and used to message me to that effect. Was never physcially attracted to her (though going by her veris I seem to be the exception), when I told her my circumstances she wasn't interested either.

I suppose she goes down as the exception to the rule, many a debate re Irish politics, Scottish independence and what's wrong with society these days. She is someone who Id go for a drink with on here and there'd be no hidden motives.

Apologies, I stand corrected Doggy, it happened once. I'd no idea you paid so much attention to things I say on here. Maybe I should try to be more high brow in that case and up my game. "

Ah you know. I was just greetin' into my Horlicks every night for the past week cause it wasn't me

"It was in the last week.

It happened months ago. Your point? "

Your post was six days ago. That is my point.

Your post was six days ago. That is my point."

And??

Do you like reading my posts too?

I sincerely wish I could return the compliment and recall any of your posts, but I'm too busy having a life!

Met a woman on here for a social meet when I was bored one Friday night, not physically attracted to her in the slightest and she's not one bit interested in me, we knew that beforehoand, but she's a funny smart intelligent girl and she got and opinion on things she not afraid to hide. I like her!

Ah that was donkeys ago!

Apologies, I stand corrected Doggy, it happened once. I'd no idea you paid so much attention to things I say on here. Maybe I should try to be more high brow in that case and up my game.

Ah you know. I was just greetin' into my Horlicks every night for the past week cause it wasn't me "

She'd def be your type!

Edin

Ah that was donkeys ago!

Ah you know. I was just greetin' into my Horlicks every night for the past week cause it wasn't me .

She'd def be your type! "

It wasn’t me the Irish politics would be right over my head

Ah that was donkeys ago!

Ah you know. I was just greetin' into my Horlicks every night for the past week cause it wasn't me .

She'd def be your type!

It wasn’t me the Irish politics would be right over my head "

I'm confused again!

Are you suggesting...

1) you're not my type physically?

2) you're funny smart and intelligent?

3) you're def doggys type?

4) more than one/any combination of the above?

Couldn't wait to publically rule yourself out of the equation!!

Ah that was donkeys ago!

She'd def be your type! "

....sorry....did someone say something? .....

And??

I sincerely wish I could return the compliment and recall any of your posts, but I'm too busy having a life! "

I only recalled it because it sounded like so much bullshit.

Word of advice: the green arrow reveals a multitude of sins.

Edin

Ah that was donkeys ago!

She'd def be your type!

It wasn’t me the Irish politics would be right over my head .

I'm confused again!

Are you suggesting...

Couldn't wait to publically rule yourself out of the equation!! "

1. I’m defo your type

2. I’m funny smart and intelligent

3. I’m defo doggy’s type

And

4. I’m rubbish at Irish politics

Ignore me I’m just bored tonight x

And??

I sincerely wish I could return the compliment and recall any of your posts, but I'm too busy having a life!

Word of advice: the green arrow reveals a multitude of sins."

You can't use that green arrow quote without referencing the original user, that's copyright.

Bullshit? Really? Perhaps it's unlikely in your world. What do you want? Me to ask her to message you to verify it? That'd be a little embarrassing for you.

And??

Word of advice: the green arrow reveals a multitude of sins.

You can't use that green arrow quote without referencing the original user, that's copyright.

Bullshit? Really? Perhaps it's unlikely in your world. What do you want? Me to ask her to message you to verify it? That'd be a little embarrassing for you. "

Copyright? On here?

Ah that was donkeys ago!

She'd def be your type!

It wasn’t me the Irish politics would be right over my head .

I'm confused again!

Are you suggesting...

Couldn't wait to publically rule yourself out of the equation!!

1. I’m defo your type

2. I’m funny smart and intelligent

3. I’m defo doggy’s type

And

4. I’m rubbish at Irish politics

Ignore me I’m just bored tonight x"

Off to look at TandS pics and confirm/dispute number 1

» Add a new message to this topic