FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Cannabis for medical use legal from today.

Cannabis for medical use legal from today.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Your thoughts? Can't really be argued against, can it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Will it help the chronic pains on here

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Any idea how you can catch glaucoma?

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Any idea how you can catch glaucoma? "

I can’t see how you’d do that . ( bdum-Tish )

"Any idea how you can catch glaucoma?

I can’t see how you’d do that . ( bdum-Tish ) "

Very good

On a more serious note it can only be a good thing legalizing it for medicinal purposes. Some of the studies carried out in using it to fight cancer have been very promising. My nephews chemotherapy drug costs 1500 quid a month, cannabis is a lot fuckin cheaper

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"On a more serious note it can only be a good thing legalizing it for medicinal purposes. Some of the studies carried out in using it to fight cancer have been very promising. My nephews chemotherapy drug costs 1500 quid a month, cannabis is a lot fuckin cheaper "

You think it will be cheaper?

John

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"On a more serious note it can only be a good thing legalizing it for medicinal purposes. Some of the studies carried out in using it to fight cancer have been very promising. My nephews chemotherapy drug costs 1500 quid a month, cannabis is a lot fuckin cheaper

John "

Knowing the drug companies - no

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"On a more serious note it can only be a good thing legalizing it for medicinal purposes. Some of the studies carried out in using it to fight cancer have been very promising. My nephews chemotherapy drug costs 1500 quid a month, cannabis is a lot fuckin cheaper

John "

probably not the govts involved

in all seriousness it should be totally legalised imo I dont take drugs myself but I see this as being less problematic than alcohol

Falkirk

John probably not the govts involved

in all seriousness it should be totally legalised imo I dont take drugs myself but I see this as being less problematic than alcohol"

I agree. If they legalised it, licensed to vendors and slapped excise duty and VAT on it like alcohol and tobacco then it would put a lot of criminals out of business and make a lot of money for the taxpayer not to mention making some expensive drugs obsolete in the process and thus saving the NHS money too

Glasgow

John

Knowing the drug companies - no "

The amount of cannabis needed for a standard dose of cancer treatment is a lot, like a stupid amount. We don't have the same benefits as some other countries as we don't have all year round sunshine so growing the amount needed to keep up won't be easy if it's fully legalised for medical use but it's a start, I feel for some people it's a false hope

John

John "

That's 7 and a half ounce on the street. I should bloody well hope it's cheaper

Glasgow

John

That's 7 and a half ounce on the street. I should bloody well hope it's cheaper "

Cost to convert that into oil? Plus labour fees etc plus taxes(we know it's going to be high taxes) so I'd say it will come out somewhere in the region of £5k

John

coatbridge

John

Cost to convert that into oil? Plus labour fees etc plus taxes(we know it's going to be high taxes) so I'd say it will come out somewhere in the region of £5k

John "

the growing expense wouldnt be very costly as it wouldnt need to be hidden so could be farmwd in poly tunnels theres no need for the oil production to be expensive either and would be less for larger volumes. Theres even a company in california doing vacum pressing cheaper than plate pressing. (Watched loads of you tube on this subject).

The biggest problem with it becoming legal is govt wanring a slice thats the biggest cost as they seem to tax every process at least twice

There's a mouth spray already availabile, 270 doses and it costs around £375.00.

Depending on the symptoms, that's approximately a one month supply.

(And yes, i appreciate its not the same thing )

"There's a mouth spray already availabile, 270 doses and it costs around £375.00.

(And yes, i appreciate its not the same thing ) "

Free on NHS of course!

Glasgow

"There's a mouth spray already availabile, 270 doses and it costs around £375.00.

(And yes, i appreciate its not the same thing )

Free on NHS of course!"

Overpriced CBD oil, so put into perspective the cost of actual THC medicine if and when it becomes legal

John

John

John "

You seem more clued up about it than me but it was my understanding that the dried flower can be ingested for medicinal purposes so no real costs in that

Glasgow

John

John

You seem more clued up about it than me but it was my understanding that the dried flower can be ingested for medicinal purposes so no real costs in that "

Even if it was just dried flower it would still occur a cost, lots of info online, has been for many years. Dried would be good for general day to day but won't do a thing for cancer or any major issues

John

John

Does drug companies = Vietnamese guys sleeping in a loft?

Falkirk

John

John

You seem more clued up about it than me but it was my understanding that the dried flower can be ingested for medicinal purposes so no real costs in that

Even if it was just dried flower it would still occur a cost, lots of info online, has been for many years. Dried would be good for general day to day but won't do a thing for cancer or any major issues

John "

Surely you’d get economies of scale.

The more you can grow and process in one go the cheaper it will be. Some drugs cost £1000s so if cannabis oil could be produced cheaper and have the benefits it would seem the better option.

What concerns me with conventional drugs is the sheer amount of side effects associated with them. A lot then require more drugs to counter act them. With cannabis this wouldn’t be the case. Therefore the ‘extra’ costs incurred with the extra drugs to control side effect plus the cost of consultants and doctors appointments that would no longer be required would surely stack up and make cannabis the cheaper option in the long run.

See, it’s all the extra costs that could be saved if MS patients and those suffering with fibromyalgia could access this sort of treatment.

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Think some folks think this the first step to legal cannabis sales to the public. Kidding yourself on.

Also see a lot of Facebook facts on its positive outcomes and healing properties, in general though it is a pain and nervous system surpressant that lets persons move in a less restricted way. It is not a cure, still a lot more studies to be done.

Falkirk

"Think some folks think this the first step to legal cannabis sales to the public. Kidding yourself on.

Also see a lot of Facebook facts on its positive outcomes and healing properties, in general though it is a pain and nervous system surpressant that lets persons move in a less restricted way. It is not a cure, still a lot more studies to be done."

Of course it’s not a cure, however the fact that it can allow people with chronic pain to function almost normally makes it a good alternative to a lot of drugs already in use.

I can’t see it being legalised and I can’t see it ever being used widespread either

It will be legalised for recreational purposes some point within the next 10 years easily.

Don't you think big pharma and other large companies want in on the billion dollar market? Of course they do, as the new generation of politicians come in is when it will happen/pressure from companies.

Now where's my tinfoil hat?

If it is proven to work in the various areas it is claimed, it should be made more widely available, as the new guidelines, and number of ailments it can be prescribed for, are quite restrictive.

One thing that could change the mindset would be to drop the cannabis and marijuana references from the name, particularly in the media, and in political system. Those names just make reactionary politicians, and papers like the Daily Mail think 'stoners", and promote the wrong image entirely.

Just like aspirin, cocaine and opium, it's a pain killer from nature, and in their controlled forms, they have been used for centuries, and this should be no different.

That's exactly what they've done in the states and Canada, it usually always gets referred as meds/medication.

But you're right!

"That's exactly what they've done in the states and Canada, it usually always gets referred as meds/medication.

But you're right!"

Hardly. This is about the legal use of cannabis extracts, not about people claiming they smoke it for their glaucoma/arthritis, etc.

Nobody is going to give a pre-teen child with epilepsy a joint to stop his seizures.

"That's exactly what they've done in the states and Canada, it usually always gets referred as meds/medication.

But you're right!

Hardly. This is about the legal use of cannabis extracts, not about people claiming they smoke it for their glaucoma/arthritis, etc.

Nobody is going to give a pre-teen child with epilepsy a joint to stop his seizures. "

What? I think you're seeing things.

I never stated that was the case - Of course they're not going to do that, that's ridiculous on every level. Not to mention smokings the least effective way to take extracts (additionaly nothing has been extracted if you're smoking flower, I understand that would also be completely ineffective for the scenario you mentioned.9

But yes, a lot of the 'stoner' (hate that word/term) in America use the term meds when referring to green, regardless if they're smoking for any medical reason. However, I all add, to make you feel better that this is not obviously across the board. It slowly happens here if you have massroots, or belong to any cannabis clubs, someone is generally banging on about 'not calling it green, dope, pot, hash, grass etc etc,' to get away from the negative connotations with those words.

Anyway, as soon as someone states something I didn't say, that's me out. Peace V

John

Knowing the drug companies - no

The amount of cannabis needed for a standard dose of cancer treatment is a lot, like a stupid amount. We don't have the same benefits as some other countries as we don't have all year round sunshine so growing the amount needed to keep up won't be easy if it's fully legalised for medical use but it's a start, I feel for some people it's a false hope

John "

It can be quite easy to grow in this country without the need for greenhouse.

We have been exporting it for year.

Ask Teresa Mays husband he has one of the very few licences to grow it in this county.

As does our drugs ministers husband.

Been legally dealing for years.

Funny old thing that. Lol

"

What concerns me with conventional drugs is the sheer amount of side effects associated with them. A lot then require more drugs to counter act them. With cannabis this wouldn’t be the case. Therefore the ‘extra’ costs incurred with the extra drugs to control side effect plus the cost of consultants and doctors appointments that would no longer be required would surely stack up and make cannabis the cheaper option in the long run.

See, it’s all the extra costs that could be saved if MS patients and those suffering with fibromyalgia could access this sort of treatment. "

There's a lot of confusion here about this and it's not surprising, considering the general press has no idea what it's talking about to inform us.

The body has cannabidiol receptors that can be activated by CBD oil to lessen pain . Note 'CAN'- doesn't always lessen pain as there are so many other functions the receptors control and it can be a very poor 'painkiller' in some people.

Of course there can be side effects- some quite severe. Not one thing you put in your mouth is 100% safe, even water. As for curing cancer- would you really forsake proven treatment because you'd read on the Internet someone's granny had heard that the second cousin fifty times removed had heard the story from an acquaintance that someone they knew had heard their neighbour's friend's cancer was cured by it?

There's confusion all round about what's being licensed and how it's being dispensed : CBD doesn't contain THC. There are many types of cannabis plants, not all have thc in them. Is it CBD or THC that's being dispensed? There's a shed-load of research still to go.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

John

Get you own little plant, yeah definitely cheaper.

And i think it's great they finally legalised it here. So many people can suffer so much less now

Not designed to work that way, either biologically, ethically or practically.

coatbridge

But you're right!"

its totally legal in canada now for recreation too yup smoke it anywhere you smoke tobacco.

Yeah I've been watching with interest for a number of years. Ps, I know it's just recent.

By *rsFine-MrBallsCouple  over a year ago

markinch

"

See, it’s all the extra costs that could be saved if MS patients and those suffering with fibromyalgia could access this sort of treatment.

There's a lot of confusion here about this and it's not surprising, considering the general press has no idea what it's talking about to inform us.

The body has cannabidiol receptors that can be activated by CBD oil to lessen pain . Note 'CAN'- doesn't always lessen pain as there are so many other functions the receptors control and it can be a very poor 'painkiller' in some people.

Of course there can be side effects- some quite severe. Not one thing you put in your mouth is 100% safe, even water. As for curing cancer- would you really forsake proven treatment because you'd read on the Internet someone's granny had heard that the second cousin fifty times removed had heard the story from an acquaintance that someone they knew had heard their neighbour's friend's cancer was cured by it?

There's confusion all round about what's being licensed and how it's being dispensed : CBD doesn't contain THC. There are many types of cannabis plants, not all have thc in them. Is it CBD or THC that's being dispensed? There's a shed-load of research still to go."

And that says all that is required, most sensible quote ive read

like everything there are 2 sides to the argument. Both have good points. I don’t know enough to say wether it is a good thing or not. But if it takes some profits away from drug dealers then that’s a good thing

By *othardandfreeMan  over a year ago

Dundee

But you're right!its totally legal in canada now for recreation too yup smoke it anywhere you smoke tobacco."

To be honest being so close to Trumps America would make anybody turn to either drink or drugs.

» Add a new message to this topic