FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Rudeness and unwarranted arrogance

Rudeness and unwarranted arrogance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Out of the ashes of recent topics , returning after a few years away , there seems to be less acceptance of people’s foibles and difference ,but I have noticed a huge amount of arrogance , from people who,shall we say would , I beleive never presume to be so in real life situations, is it too many men to choose from or am I just getting old

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Behaviour breeds behaviour

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Out of the ashes of recent topics , returning after a few years away , there seems to be less acceptance of people’s foibles and difference ,but I have noticed a huge amount of arrogance , from people who,shall we say would , I beleive never presume to be so in real life situations, is it too many men to choose from or am I just getting old "

Are you interpreting assertiveness as arrogance?

I for 1 would say some guys can come across very arrogant and presume an awful lot on here so can put you off from been civial at times...

By *ail_forceTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

maybe not arrogance but entitlement. lots of people on this website think they are due something for wanting something.

"Out of the ashes of recent topics , returning after a few years away , there seems to be less acceptance of people’s foibles and difference ,but I have noticed a huge amount of arrogance , from people who,shall we say would , I beleive never presume to be so in real life situations, is it too many men to choose from or am I just getting old

Are you interpreting assertiveness as arrogance?"

Therebis a fine line between arrogance and assertiveness. Some people cross the line regularly and deliberately, but on the other hand some people take offence way too easily. If we try and make our comments thinking how it could be perceived and interpret others comments with graciousness and a realisation that the written word doesn't convey certain nuances that the writer intended then the forum might be a less intimidating space for some.

"Out of the ashes of recent topics , returning after a few years away , there seems to be less acceptance of people’s foibles and difference ,but I have noticed a huge amount of arrogance , from people who,shall we say would , I beleive never presume to be so in real life situations, is it too many men to choose from or am I just getting old "

I've been here before and lurked around the forums on and off then too, I don't think they have changed much at all, there has always to my knowledge been more men than women, therefore, us women get many messages from you lot every day and as a result boosts the confidence of a person and that might be construed as arrogance in some instances?

Many people will be different in real life situations as you can see their faces when they are speaking, body language speaks volumes also, with messages, forum posts or even in chat it's very difficult when you don't actually know that person how to take what's been said.

So in reply to your post, yeah, maybe you are just getting old

"Out of the ashes of recent topics , returning after a few years away , there seems to be less acceptance of people’s foibles and difference ,but I have noticed a huge amount of arrogance , from people who,shall we say would , I beleive never presume to be so in real life situations, is it too many men to choose from or am I just getting old

Therebis a fine line between arrogance and assertiveness. Some people cross the line regularly and deliberately, but on the other hand some people take offence way too easily. If we try and make our comments thinking how it could be perceived and interpret others comments with graciousness and a realisation that the written word doesn't convey certain nuances that the writer intended then the forum might be a less intimidating space for some. "

It would be a lot less funny though

Are you interpreting assertiveness as arrogance?"

Without a doubt ,No ,Assertiveness isn’t always accompanied by rudeness,, easy tone assertive and polite

Therebis a fine line between arrogance and assertiveness. Some people cross the line regularly and deliberately, but on the other hand some people take offence way too easily. If we try and make our comments thinking how it could be perceived and interpret others comments with graciousness and a realisation that the written word doesn't convey certain nuances that the writer intended then the forum might be a less intimidating space for some.

It would be a lot less funny though "

Would it really? I'm. Not so sure.

I've been here before and lurked around the forums on and off then too, I don't think they have changed much at all, there has always to my knowledge been more men than women, therefore, us women get many messages from you lot every day and as a result boosts the confidence of a person and that might be construed as arrogance in some instances?

Many people will be different in real life situations as you can see their faces when they are speaking, body language speaks volumes also, with messages, forum posts or even in chat it's very difficult when you don't actually know that person how to take what's been said.

"

, you can drop the maybe, I knew all my days 54 wasn’t old but am over that threshold now

Without a doubt ,No ,Assertiveness isn’t always accompanied by rudeness,, easy tone assertive and polite "

You've got a buzzy old bee in your bonnet

Rudeness and arrogance shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet just because it might rock the boat.

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

I think arrogance is quite difficult to come across just by the written word, far easier to spot in person. Rudeness is easier to spot in the forums and through messaging just like constant attempts at belittling others for personal amusement . Loads of opinionated people on the forums which is great for debates and thankfully only 2 or 3 rude people who deliberately set out to disrupt every thread whether serious topic or fun subject. In my opinion of course.

"

I agree with this. No one knows how to take someone's written text without knowing that person's personality and how to interpret it. I find too many people on here seem to lack any sense of humour tbh or the ability to interpret what may be tongue in cheek posts.

Those are basic social skills, but as the lady said they are more difficult if you don't know the person in question.

, you can drop the maybe, I knew all my days 54 wasn’t old but am over that threshold now "

Blantyre

I think arrogance is quite difficult to come across just by the written word, far easier to spot in person. Rudeness is easier to spot in the forums and through messaging just like constant attempts at belittling others for personal amusement . Loads of opinionated people on the forums which is great for debates and thankfully only 2 or 3 rude people who deliberately set out to disrupt every thread whether serious topic or fun subject. In my opinion of course.

I hope you get a red neck when you type such hypocritical bullshit "

We can file that under the rudeness tab.

Do you have an actual viewpoint on the topic.

Fab should create an Anger Management forum.

I hope you get a red neck when you type such hypocritical bullshit

Do you have an actual viewpoint on the topic. "

No. Just wanted to call out your hypocrisy. As you were

Blantyre

No. Just wanted to call out your hypocrisy. As you were "

Well consider me 'called out' then

Thx again for your contribution to the OPS thread. Xxx

Thx again for your contribution to the OPS thread. Xxx"

File you under unwarranted arrogance then

"Rudeness and arrogance shouldn't be allowed to be swept under the carpet just because it might rock the boat."

Blantyre

File you under unwarranted arrogance then "

Its not arrogance im expressing, its a change in my style of posting. No longer will i be rising to the bait of those 2 or 3 people i described earlier. Thats not arrogance, that being sensible.

I agree with this. No one knows how to take someone's written text without knowing that person's personality and how to interpret it. I find too many people on here seem to lack any sense of humour tbh or the ability to interpret what may be tongue in cheek posts.

Those are basic social skills, but as the lady said they are more difficult if you don't know the person in question. "

Its not arrogance im expressing, its a change in my style of posting. No longer will i be rising to the bait of those 2 or 3 people i described earlier. Thats not arrogance, that being sensible. "

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

When is arrogance warranted i wonder?

Its not arrogance im expressing, its a change in my style of posting. No longer will i be rising to the bait of those 2 or 3 people i described earlier. Thats not arrogance, that being sensible. "

Why do you assume people are out to bait you?

Do you honestly think you matter that much to people on here? I think that's a little arrogant.

I know we've had a different opinion on some things but seriously get off your high horse if you actually think i have nothing better to do with my time than "bait" you. I'm sure other posters are the same, that's not the reason tahg they are on here.

Blantyre

Its not arrogance im expressing, its a change in my style of posting. No longer will i be rising to the bait of those 2 or 3 people i described earlier. Thats not arrogance, that being sensible.

Why do you assume people are out to bait you?

Do you honestly think you matter that much to people on here? I think that's a little arrogant.

I know we've had a different opinion on some things but seriously get off your high horse if you actually think i have nothing better to do with my time than "bait" you. I'm sure other posters are the same, that's not the reason tahg they are on here. "

Im not being arrogant at all, they set out to bait most people, im saying ive been guilty of responding when its aimed at me but no longer. As said thats sensible nothing else.

I don't know about rudeness or arrogance but the irony is strong on this thread

I get too many folk on here saying no thanks to be arrogant

By *he Ginger PrincessWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I was away on holiday with my bf. We were having a nosy on fab and a guy messaged me from a mile away asking me to go to his hotel to fuck him (opening message). Didnt reply and i kid not, 2 mins later I get a message saying..."Well fuck you you arrogant bitch. You're nothing fucking special anyway!"

Pardon me for not dropping knickers immediately and running round to service you!!!

Well I thought he was well cheeky. Arrogant not assertive lol

By *ittle_missknowitallWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

"I was away on holiday with my bf. We were having a nosy on fab and a guy messaged me from a mile away asking me to go to his hotel to fuck him (opening message). Didnt reply and i kid not, 2 mins later I get a message saying..."Well fuck you you arrogant bitch. You're nothing fucking special anyway!"

Pardon me for not dropping knickers immediately and running round to service you!!!

Well I thought he was well cheeky. Arrogant not assertive lol"

Yes I get messages regularly that are one liners followed up as soon as I’ve read them and not responded with a message similar to one you have said above.

This isn’t arrogance this is angry wee man syndrome as I call it.

I get it is tougher for guys on here - purely a numbers game but there are other sites and indeed real life where the weighting isn’t as uneven. So perhaps the angry wee man needs to be booted off.

It would be much easier to be polite and not arrogant (if that’s how it’s interpretated) if downright nasty and rude messages weren’t sent at all. Perhaps arrogance is being bred on here.

Or maybe we are all just becoming a little more arrogant as a society as sense of entitlement grows - perhaps exponentially.

So maybe it is an age thing OP

You are meeting the generation of entitlement

"I was away on holiday with my bf. We were having a nosy on fab and a guy messaged me from a mile away asking me to go to his hotel to fuck him (opening message). Didnt reply and i kid not, 2 mins later I get a message saying..."Well fuck you you arrogant bitch. You're nothing fucking special anyway!"

Well I thought he was well cheeky. Arrogant not assertive lol

Yes I get messages regularly that are one liners followed up as soon as I’ve read them and not responded with a message similar to one you have said above.

This isn’t arrogance this is angry wee man syndrome as I call it.

I get it is tougher for guys on here - purely a numbers game but there are other sites and indeed real life where the weighting isn’t as uneven. So perhaps the angry wee man needs to be booted off.

It would be much easier to be polite and not arrogant (if that’s how it’s interpretated) if downright nasty and rude messages weren’t sent at all. Perhaps arrogance is being bred on here.

Or maybe we are all just becoming a little more arrogant as a society as sense of entitlement grows - perhaps exponentially.

So maybe it is an age thing OP

You are meeting the generation of entitlement "

The two previous messages from yourself and TGP , I beleive , don’t relate to Arrogance , definitely Rude and from downright bad fucking manners , I’d seldom drop everything in such a short window for someone I really liked never mind a complete stranger, where you get people making the best of something you’ll always get a few making the worst of things sadly .

However I do agree with the entitlement issue , probably mainly down to the idiot young parents of my generation,too many were never told No at all ,never mind No AND an explanation as to why ,... and don’t you dare assume am getting old , only 55 and the mind and body of an unfit 54yr old , hmmmph , the Lady Doth most Offend

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

some people can come across as arrogant but can you really pick that up from the written word without being face to face and see a persons facial expressions Im not sure !

However rude or arrogant I think someone was id never allow myself to be sucked into into it and would choose to ignore them or simply block and they are gone

By *atureMale321Man  over a year ago

Moray

That’s true ! You blocked me and I still don’t know why lol x ??

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Its hard to reach a consensus when its only the glitterattis opinion that is accepted.

any deviation from the ascribed norm is claimed to be arrogant or rude instead of just an opinion

It's impossible to say if someone is rude or arrogant from a couple of posts. I'll tend to give someone the benefit of the doubt initially but if they consistently come across as a total dick then I'll assume they're a total dick and avoid accordingly. I'd rather save my time and energy for the real people in my life.

What about wanted arrogance? It's only fair.

» Add a new message to this topic