FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > People claiming to have met you

People claiming to have met you

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugs and Junk OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Recently we have been receiving messages from men insisting that they have met us before. When we politely tell them they are mistaken they continue to insist.

What is it with these fantasists?

Has anyone else been getting this lately?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No

"Recently we have been receiving messages from men insisting that they have met us before. When we politely tell them they are mistaken they continue to insist.

Has anyone else been getting this lately?"

Just delete, block and forget about it. Saves you getting upset.

Bellshill

"Recently we have been receiving messages from men insisting that they have met us before. When we politely tell them they are mistaken they continue to insist.

Just delete, block and forget about it. Saves you getting upset. "

No one is upset, but thanks for the reply.

Jim

I had a problem a few years ago when my twin was on here

Jim "

I was just being helpful offering a solution to your problem, as it's obviously upset you enough to make a forum thread about it.

[Removed by poster at 04/08/18 22:23:53]

Bellshill

Jim

I was just being helpful offering a solution to your problem, as it's obviously upset you enough to make a forum thread about it.

"

I didn't make the thread, thanks again though. You seem like a real gent

Jim

Jim

Jim "

You're welcome. Always happy to advise newbies.

Bellshill

Jim

Jim

"

Newbies

30+ verifications would suggest otherwise. Thanks for your input, but I think your time would be better spent elsewhere.

Jim

Jim

Jim

Newbies

30+ verifications would suggest otherwise. Thanks for your input, but I think your time would be better spent elsewhere.

Jim"

I wasn't aware, I just read the post and assumed you were new as it's a very rookie thread to start, complaining about something you have control over when you can simply delete and block.

Most people who have been here a while know that.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

A guy i have never met verified me. He read i had been stood up and said he felt sorry for me. I obviously did not display it.

Ive had this on previous profiles ... i agree its really strange that they either think you actually meet so many people you dont remember them all and they will get away with it or that they might be able to convince you that is the case

Bellshill

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

I wasn't aware, I just read the post and assumed you were new as it's a very rookie thread to start, complaining about something you have control over when you can simply delete and block.

Most people who have been here a while know that. "

How has anyone any control of the original message someone sends you?! That's retorical btw

Jim

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

How has anyone any control of the original message someone sends you?! That's retorical btw

Jim "

Did you mean, rhetorical?

That's actually rhetorical, by the way.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve had several messages over the years saying I’d been spotted somewhere or asking if I worked in a certain place. I obviously have a few doppelgängers.

No one can be blamed for mistaken identity or it’s a chat up line gone wrong.

Sometimes it will elicit a response and sometimes just a block. I usually ask where they think they saw or met me and on occasions a conversation has then followed.

It’s not a rookie error, they were merely asking a question.

Bellshill

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

Jim

That's actually rhetorical, by the way. "

Since you know how to spell it, I'd imagine you know what it means. I've noticed you've been blocked by our account too, and I'm sure there are site rules against using forums to circumvent a block.

If you feel the need to reply to either of our comments again, please try to bare this in mind and refrain from doing so.

Bellshill

"I’ve had several messages over the years saying I’d been spotted somewhere or asking if I worked in a certain place. I obviously have a few doppelgängers.

No one can be blamed for mistaken identity or it’s a chat up line gone wrong.

Sometimes it will elicit a response and sometimes just a block. I usually ask where they think they saw or met me and on occasions a conversation has then followed.

It’s not a rookie error, they were merely asking a question. "

No the messages we have been getting are people claiming they have been at our house to meet us. They are quite adamant about it too. When I was on a single profile I used to get this local guy saying he had seen me out with my dog and he could tell me the times and places. Was really creepy

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

Jim

Since you know how to spell it, I'd imagine you know what it means. I've noticed you've been blocked by our account too, and I'm sure there are site rules against using forums to circumvent a block.

If you feel the need to reply to either of our comments again, please try to bare this in mind and refrain from doing so.

"

Is that not just in relation to trying to continue a private chat after being blocked?

When you post in the forums it's easy not to know that you are blocked if you don't first view the profile of the poster whose comment you are replying to.

Bellshill

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

Jim

Is that not just in relation to trying to continue a private chat after being blocked?

When you post in the forums it's easy not to know that you are blocked if you don't first view the profile of the poster whose comment you are replying to.

"

He has been blocked for a while. It's not an issue I want to discuss with you either, admin can deal with it.

Jim

If admin or a mod has a look at this thread, it would be helpful to maybe have a fuller explanation of what the rule means

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

Jim

"

Lol. Anyone can reply to anyone they want - it's an open forum. That's not circumnavigating anything.

Are you sure you're not newbies on here, you don't appear to know much about how the site works.

Yes had a few in the last couple of weeks especially on my single profile saying that they had met at my home a local pub and have done xyz ,..

but it’s never happened with any of them

Musicmaid x

Bellshill

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

Jim

Lol. Anyone can reply to anyone they want - it's an open forum. That's not circumnavigating anything.

Are you sure you're not newbies on here, you don't appear to know much about how the site works. "

Just ignoring you now as the thread is being hijacked from the original post. We posted a genuine concern to see if others were getting it too not for tit for tat pettiness.

Mrs

I have a question in relation to the thread...what you all gonna do now about these folk?

How do you solve the 'problem'?

By *ainbowBrite57Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

To the original comment...

Yes I have experienced that. It’s weird so Thankyou for starting this thread as I thought it was just me

R x

Bellshill

"I have a question in relation to the thread...what you all gonna do now about these folk?

How do you solve the 'problem'?"

We just politely response to correct them and if they don’t take a telling, block them. It’s not a big issue was just wondering if anyone was getting the same issue

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Jim

Jim

Newbies

Jim

Jim

Are you sure you're not newbies on here, you don't appear to know much about how the site works.

Just ignoring you now as the thread is being hijacked from the original post. We posted a genuine concern to see if others were getting it too not for tit for tat pettiness.

Mrs"

I suggest you two ignore each other. Airing private disputes is against forum rules too.

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Yes had these types of message . Normally guys just trying to get "an in" .

One was adamant we'd met on another site .I was never even on it lol! Finally admitted was just plot to get a chat going.

Nowt as queer as folk as they say lol

Bellshill

"To the original comment...

Yes I have experienced that. It’s weird so Thankyou for starting this thread as I thought it was just me

R x"

It’s really odd how persistent they are about it too. Just wondering if it’s the new desperate attempt at getting people to talk to them

Mrs

By *ambofkMan  over a year ago

Hamilton

I had a message from a couple who claimed they had seen me in the street... they where from Belfast.

Bellshill

"I had a message from a couple who claimed they had seen me in the street... they where from Belfast. "

Lol that would of been a long walk for them then haha

By *ambofkMan  over a year ago

Hamilton

Tell me about it

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

What has the forum become?

No I’ve not had this much

I’ve had folk say they think they’ve met me. But I just say no not me and they seem to accept that as a genuine mistake. Nothing persistent that’s irked me.

By *G CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Newton Stewart

"Yes had these types of message . Normally guys just trying to get "an in" .

One was adamant we'd met on another site .I was never even on it lol! Finally admitted was just plot to get a chat going.

Nowt as queer as folk as they say lol"

We've had the same, guys claiming they'd met me, Mrs DG. When queried they also confessed it was a ruse to initiate a chat.

Great to see another thread turned into a slanging match with the same trolls as usual. So tiresome, shame they can't put all that spare time and energy into something positive

Back to the original post yes I've had several members messaging to ask if I'd meet again etc. Obviously a tactic to try and ellicit a response.

I've also had people messaging after a social saying they had met me and would I mind verifying them, when they clearly didn't attend.

Chancers!

In response to the OP's post, I haven't had this but I have had men message me to say that they had seen me somewhere before and were very insistent upon it. I just ignore that sort of message as it's a way of getting a response from you. I have also had someone verify me saying that he was finally arranging to meet me, which I did not display. Just too many crazy things going on here now x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Please keep to the original topic.

Bellshill

"In response to the OP's post, I haven't had this but I have had men message me to say that they had seen me somewhere before and were very insistent upon it. I just ignore that sort of message as it's a way of getting a response from you. I have also had someone verify me saying that he was finally arranging to meet me, which I did not display. Just too many crazy things going on here now x"

We’ve had two verifications from people we have never met. One was a genuine case of mistaken identity, the other just a chancer

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ive also had this recently but took it that it was just chancers trying to get a chat going or a meet x

"In response to the OP's post, I haven't had this but I have had men message me to say that they had seen me somewhere before and were very insistent upon it. I just ignore that sort of message as it's a way of getting a response from you. I have also had someone verify me saying that he was finally arranging to meet me, which I did not display. Just too many crazy things going on here now x

We’ve had two verifications from people we have never met. One was a genuine case of mistaken identity, the other just a chancer"

Did you report the two posts stating one was mistaken identity and the other was lying.

The reason I ask as some people I know including myself are put off when I see a verification from people who I don't want to be associated with I.e. He has bareback pics, disrespectful guy or just an ass.

Bellshill

"In response to the OP's post, I haven't had this but I have had men message me to say that they had seen me somewhere before and were very insistent upon it. I just ignore that sort of message as it's a way of getting a response from you. I have also had someone verify me saying that he was finally arranging to meet me, which I did not display. Just too many crazy things going on here now x

We’ve had two verifications from people we have never met. One was a genuine case of mistaken identity, the other just a chancer

Did you report the two posts stating one was mistaken identity and the other was lying.

The reason I ask as some people I know including myself are put off when I see a verification from people who I don't want to be associated with I.e. He has bareback pics, disrespectful guy or just an ass.

"

Yeah we reported them. We just don’t show them as they aren’t real. Too many people with fake veris as it is lol

Bellshill

"Ive also had this recently but took it that it was just chancers trying to get a chat going or a meet x"

I think it’s definitely the new tactic to try and get a response that’s going about now. Just gets frustrating when they are adamant

By *inUpGirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Ive also had this recently but took it that it was just chancers trying to get a chat going or a meet x

I think it’s definitely the new tactic to try and get a response that’s going about now. Just gets frustrating when they are adamant"

Ye ive blocked a few x

My cpls profile with my hubby is

Janda1

We get a few messages asking how we are for it to turn out there looking for janda 2 3 4 or 5 lol

We’ve had two verifications from people we have never met. One was a genuine case of mistaken identity, the other just a chancer"

Unfortunately this site has got worse for chancers. Best thing to do is block them otherwise they will keep on messaging x

I had a man absolutely convinced he had met me before. Claims him and his friend had played with me in a club, at the same time. I’ve never had a threesome or been to a club, but nope - wouldn’t hear it! Just ended up blocking him (this wasn’t on fab)

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I had it once ago saying we met before. When I pointed out he was mistaken he just started chatting away.

Xxxx

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"I had it once ago saying we met before. When I pointed out he was mistaken he just started chatting away.

Xxxx"

Have we met ? I'm sure we have !!.

By *uriousCouple999Couple  over a year ago

edinburgh

We’ve been getting this a lot, so insistent that they have meet us but we haven’t! We just block them Mrs x

Bellshill

"We’ve been getting this a lot, so insistent that they have meet us but we haven’t! We just block them Mrs x "

Judging by the replies it seems it’s definitely the new tactic to try and get a reply

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

No. But I don’t think we’ve met either

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Perhaps they can get enough information from your verifications that are on display or a club review to then initiate a conversation eg they could say you were at a club on a certain night and then blag the rest.

Referring to your home is another matter and I’d keep screenshots and report to the police if I thought it was threatening.

Maybe we should all be careful about we say in verifications and reviews.

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"I had it once ago saying we met before. When I pointed out he was mistaken he just started chatting away.

Xxxx

Have we met ? I'm sure we have !!. "

Only in your dreams lol

Xxxx

Aye guys will say we met at cjs ect n reality is we may have been in the same room but never spoken, even leaving imaginary veris of we met at cjs hint hint even though i dont know them from Adam n being in the same room as someone aint meeting them in my book it requires conversation lol!!

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

Xxxx

Have we met ? I'm sure we have !!.

Only in your dreams lol

Xxxx"

We have had a few messages like this,

Surprisingly they have mostly claimed to have met up with Mr for mmf's

Block and delete is always the best way to deal with them

I just go along with them..

"yeah, I met you at cjs"

"aw, did ye, aye?"

"I just go along with them..

"yeah, I met you at cjs"

"aw, did ye, aye?"

"

Lol!! I wish we could send gifs on here make sarcastic come backs so much more enjoyable lol

"I just go along with them..

"yeah, I met you at cjs"

"aw, did ye, aye?"

Lol!! I wish we could send gifs on here make sarcastic come backs so much more enjoyable lol "

This would make the forum so much more fun! People don't realise that you can't use your phone emoji in a message either. It comes up like "??" Wish they would change this too!

By *ornographic ArtsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Had this happen in person before. A guy at CJ's acted like he new our girlier half and implied they'd played before. Pretty sure we'd remember that, since we hardly ever play. We wondered was it a tactic, like make you think you had but forgot so you do it "again" to remeber or to be so embarassed you "forgot" you play along.

By *parkle13Woman  over a year ago

Dundee

Had a message from a guy saying he recognised my boobs ....I hadn't a clue who he was .but he knew my name and car but wouldn't give is a pic of himself .creepy

» Add a new message to this topic