FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Cynical

Cynical

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just how cynical are you when you read the forums. Do you believe some threads are started with good intentions or are you like me and believe there's always an ulterior motive?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Iv been here long enough to know take everything you read on the forum with a HUGE pinch of salt lol.

"Iv been here long enough to know take everything you read on the forum with a HUGE pinch of salt lol. "

Have you got more cynical the longer you've been here or were you like that from the off?

"Just how cynical are you when you read the forums. Do you believe some threads are started with good intentions or are you like me and believe there's always an ulterior motive? "

I don't think there's any doubt that I'm a cynic regarding just about everything folk say on this here forum.

And I definitely believe the self proclaimed 'nice' folks fully intend to shit stir with some threads they start

Always an ulterior motive as far as I'm concerned, that's why I usually scroll on by! Can always tell when something good can change to the bad in a matter of minutes x

I try not to be too cynical and generally give folk the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves to be a total whalloper. It's a daily struggle in this place though.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"I try not to be too cynical and generally give folk the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves to be a total whalloper. It's a daily struggle in this place though."

this

"I try not to be too cynical and generally give folk the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves to be a total whalloper. It's a daily struggle in this place though.

this "

Got the keys to my mansion yet ya whalloper?

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"I try not to be too cynical and generally give folk the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves to be a total whalloper. It's a daily struggle in this place though.

this

Got the keys to my mansion yet ya whalloper? "

Might have

"I try not to be too cynical and generally give folk the benefit of the doubt until they show themselves to be a total whalloper. It's a daily struggle in this place though."

See I'm the other way about. I tend to think everyone's an arsehole till they prove otherwise

"Iv been here long enough to know take everything you read on the forum with a HUGE pinch of salt lol.

Have you got more cynical the longer you've been here or were you like that from the off?"

defo more cynical as the yrs go by. But where I used to call it out I now am old enough to let it go Its all virtual and has no impact in my life

So just an eye roll and move on to the next .

See I'm the other way about. I tend to think everyone's an arsehole till they prove otherwise "

I know but you do consistently come across as an utter cnut on the forums (meant in the true Scottish, complementary meaning of the word!) therefore I see you as pretty genuine. Always get you the same way, you don't sugar coat the shite.

Depends on the person’s history posting on the forums.

I think you can tell some are doing it for a wind up.

"Depends on the person’s history posting on the forums.

I think you can tell some are doing it for a wind up. "

What if it's a first time poster....do you take it at face value whatever shite they spout

Dunno about cynical, but I love that some people make a cheeky comment or two to noise up a thread.

Makes things a bit more interesting

"Depends on the person’s history posting on the forums.

I think you can tell some are doing it for a wind up.

What if it's a first time poster....do you take it at face value whatever shite they spout "

I don’t know!

Depends if it seemed to ridiculous or not!

Tricky one

"Dunno about cynical, but I love that some people make a cheeky comment or two to noise up a thread.

Makes things a bit more interesting "

It usually leads to the self proclaimed nice folk getting personal with other users. Always fun to see

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

"Just how cynical are you when you read the forums. Do you believe some threads are started with good intentions or are you like me and believe there's always an ulterior motive? "

I'm generally quite cynical, maybe that's an age thing. I don't think every thread has an ulterior motive. The social event threads blow that theory out of the water for a start.

To me this forum is the same as any other forum - whether it's a football forum, car enthusiasts, Hi-Fi geeks whatever. They all work the same and you see the same behaviours wherever you go.

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

"Dunno about cynical, but I love that some people make a cheeky comment or two to noise up a thread.

Makes things a bit more interesting "

Noting wrong with a bit of levity in a thread now and again as long as there's no ill-intention behind it.

I'm not a cynic, I just have no time for the arse lickers, wannabe good guys and the thick cunts.

And I don't mind letting them know.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"Iv been here long enough to know take everything you read on the forum with a HUGE pinch of salt lol.

Have you got more cynical the longer you've been here or were you like that from the off?defo more cynical as the yrs go by. But where I used to call it out I now am old enough to let it go Its all virtual and has no impact in my life

So just an eye roll and move on to the next ."

Eye rolls!!! Must do more of them and move on....

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"I'm not a cynic, I just have no time for the arse lickers, wannabe good guys and the thick cunts.

And I don't mind letting them know. "

Frankly my dear we dont givve a damn.

"I'm not a cynic, I just have no time for the arse lickers, wannabe good guys and the thick cunts.

And I don't mind letting them know.

Frankly my dear we dont givve a damn."

Enough to comment though and message me.

I don’t normally call mysel cynical, more worldly wiser than the norm

"I don’t normally call mysel cynical, more worldly wiser than the norm "

That'll be cynicism based on experience

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"I don’t normally call mysel cynical, more worldly wiser than the norm

That'll be cynicism based on experience "

Quite probably

However, I’m with Rok on this one when it comes to the forum....been around waaaaay too long to let it get to me now though

It's a fab forum

Not to be taken seriously

In the end, does it really matter other than to those who take themselves too seriously

"I don’t normally call mysel cynical, more worldly wiser than the norm

That'll be cynicism based on experience "

Most definitely

I have no idea why I come on here tbh I read some stuff and want to smash my face off a wall! Lmfao!

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve had some serious discussions on the back of the forums. Some people I’ve messaged privately with support or offering advice or they have done the same for me.

It’s not for airing dirty laundry and I tend to avoid forums where it’s clearly gone off topic.

I usually find the forums supportive, informative or a laugh.

» Add a new message to this topic