FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > wester ross

wester ross

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello Scotland, I've just had another fantastic cycling holiday around the Applecross/ Loch Corran area its a job to imagine a more beautiful part of the country, i go up every year and absolutely love it there im very envious of anyone living around there I got to wondering after using the search engine on here, are there any folks in here from around that area? Would be great to meet new friends next time im up. The only moan i have is.... what's with Scotland and avarage speed cameras!!? (A9)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Blimey i know Nw Scotland is a bit remote but no one!!??

By *uvmatureMan  over a year ago

Richmond and Scotland

think you might need to look slightly further afield than the applecross peninsula

Yes think youre probably right, Inverness scores well and surrounding area but i just wondered if there were any folk on or around that particular west coast area give or take 20/30 miles?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If you knew the amount of serious crashes on the A9 and the death toll it has had over the years you wouldn’t question the speed cameras

The problem is the wreckless drivers wanting to get to their destination in a hurry!!! Slow down and enjoy the scenery that’s what I say as it’s a beautiful area to drive in

By *aren grantTV/TS  over a year ago

kyle

I live close to the area you mention and I'm afraid to say there is little around here of interest to a straight guy (or anyone else for that matter!). As someone else mentioned Inverness is about the nearest.

I assume you meant Lochcarron?

Yes that's the place, very nice indeed As for the A9 im with you 100% im in a van so speed not a big factor for me. What i really meant was i don't understand how they work? As i understand it you can't go over 60mph between cameras? But as soon as those dual carriage way sections come along people are off like rockets!

By *44bertCouple  over a year ago

Inverness

Used to live in that area. And while, yes, it is beautiful,when you scratch beneath the surface it's a shithole.

The locals are insular and unwelcoming to outsiders and there is absolutely fuck all to do apart from drink. Food in incredibly expensive, too.

That's exactly what I tell people too in the hope they believe me and stay away, i don't want the place crawling with tourist....just me, my bike and if poss a busty, ginger haired Scottish lassie

Average speed cameras do just that they work out the average speed you do between them so you shouldn’t get the foot down when you pass one then hit the brakes a hundred yards from the next

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

"Yes that's the place, very nice indeed As for the A9 im with you 100% im in a van so speed not a big factor for me. What i really meant was i don't understand how they work? As i understand it you can't go over 60mph between cameras? But as soon as those dual carriage way sections come along people are off like rockets! "

Between Inverness and Perth the average speed cameras only work on the non dual carriage way parts, they still put the camera vans out on the dual carriageway.

Between Perth and the end of the A9 south, the average speed cameras are effective on both dual and non dualled parts of the road.

North of Inverness it is camera vans only.

There might or might not be a F book page called a9 Road watch which gives updates on the position of the vans. But because of that they tend to move them fairly frequently.

"Used to live in that area. And while, yes, it is beautiful,when you scratch beneath the surface it's a shithole.

The locals are insular and unwelcoming to outsiders and there is absolutely fuck all to do apart from drink. Food in incredibly expensive, too. "

soo true! Kyle of Lochalsh is the worst

By *obbi_sutherlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Dornoch

Often up in NW Sutherland and can easily be 100 miles + to nearest match!

That's depressing news...come on Nw Scotland get with the program

By *ustacouple69Couple  over a year ago

Dumbarton

Stayed in stoer lighthouse near lochinver. Nearest person was 150 miles.

Recreational sex has still to become a thing there lol. Love the place, and the lighthouse would be brilliant for a party but jeez, its quiet. Which is why i bring my own.

The wife. Lol

That sounds very cool, is it a holiday rental place?

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

"That sounds very cool, is it a holiday rental place? "

There's lots of holiday rentals up in North West. Due to the NC500.

Clachtoll for instance has some with a hot tub.

I hope they have a midge net round them too? those little buggers get everywhere!!

Had a fantastic time again around Wester Ross weather was very kind and i managed to haul my ass over every mountain i pointed my bike at all be it with a lower range of gears this year (1x11 - 28 front 10-42 rear on cyclocross bike) Sadly didn't find any busty Scottish ladies ill try again next year

» Add a new message to this topic