FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > That pesky green tick!

That pesky green tick!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umGuzzlingQueen OP   Woman  over a year ago

Southside. Glasgow

Am back after a substantial break and the first thing I notice that has changed is the number of straight men who have been verified by other men, or those more intelligent straight men who have hidden the verification from a man.

I can only imagine that the verification says something like "I work with this bloke and told him about the site. He's not a rocket".

I will steer clear of such members. I have no issue with meeting men who are also into men - it certainly adds a little spice to any MMF, particularly if they have to be co-erced

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes all the more fun in a mmf scenario if all ok touu

The green tick can reveal some surprising things to be sure

Or could it be that they've had a social meet, or met along side another man and been verified?

Just playing devils advocate

I've been using fab for around 10 years and the one thing thats apparent is that EVERYONE knows about it now. My brother mentioned it. My barber mentioned it. Their mates are on it etc etc. The green tick is becoming meaningless in my opinion

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Why is the tick meaningless? It means someone has usually met you in person and you are real. Any more details are a bonus.

"Why is the tick meaningless? It means someone has usually met you in person and you are real. Any more details are a bonus. "

Because it tells you nothing about them from an unbiased opinion. Their mate giving it "known wee malcy fur years he's a sound cunt" means that, aye wee malcy is real but it gives no insight into how they would actually be in that type of situation, no genuine info to go on whatsoever and obviously a mate verifying a mate is going to say they are sound and hung like a bull. Would far prefer it if the rules around verifications on here were reserved for geuine meets only. If its just to prove the person is real they can photo verify

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"Why is the tick meaningless? It means someone has usually met you in person and you are real. Any more details are a bonus.

Because it tells you nothing about them from an unbiased opinion. Their mate giving it "known wee malcy fur years he's a sound cunt" means that, aye wee malcy is real but it gives no insight into how they would actually be in that type of situation, no genuine info to go on whatsoever and obviously a mate verifying a mate is going to say they are sound and hung like a bull. Would far prefer it if the rules around verifications on here were reserved for geuine meets only. If its just to prove the person is real they can photo verify"

Photos can be very easily faked. Green tick proves the person is real. If more info is needed about that REAL person then thats why you message one another.

"Why is the tick meaningless? It means someone has usually met you in person and you are real. Any more details are a bonus.

Because it tells you nothing about them from an unbiased opinion. Their mate giving it "known wee malcy fur years he's a sound cunt" means that, aye wee malcy is real but it gives no insight into how they would actually be in that type of situation, no genuine info to go on whatsoever and obviously a mate verifying a mate is going to say they are sound and hung like a bull. Would far prefer it if the rules around verifications on here were reserved for geuine meets only. If its just to prove the person is real they can photo verify

Photos can be very easily faked. Green tick proves the person is real. If more info is needed about that REAL person then thats why you message one another. "

And a green tick can't be faked AT ALL no? You can get one from WEBCAM and there's no way you can SIMULATE a webcam is there? No course not.

Basically any verification on here can be utter bullshit which is exactly why our choice for the most part is to go with profiles that have more than one published with decent info on it about the person we are speaking to.

Blantyre

Photos can be very easily faked. Green tick proves the person is real. If more info is needed about that REAL person then thats why you message one another.

And a green tick can't be faked AT ALL no? You can get one from WEBCAM and there's no way you can SIMULATE a webcam is there? No course not.

Basically any verification on here can be utter bullshit which is exactly why our choice for the most part is to go with profiles that have more than one published with decent info on it about the person we are speaking to.

"

Firstly i have no idea why the capital letters are required. Is that to make your point that little stronger.

2nd your making a point and then killing your point by saying webcam is a much better way of verifying someone. I could come across as THE nicest guy ever on webcam but behind the camera i could have a wall full of knives and other crazy stuff. Nothing is fullproof except meeting in person for yourself . But at least the green tick is 1 level of check.

Firstly i have no idea why the capital letters are required. Is that to make your point that little stronger.

2nd your making a point and then killing your point by saying webcam is a much better way of verifying someone. I could come across as THE nicest guy ever on webcam but behind the camera i could have a wall full of knives and other crazy stuff. Nothing is fullproof except meeting in person for yourself . But at least the green tick is 1 level of check. "

Firstly, it was you that was putting words in capital letters when you replied I thought we were just shouting random words out.

Secondly, what??? Have you even read my point about webcams? They can be faked as easily as a picture with webcam simulator software.

Where is there anything in my reply that mentions I think webcam is a much better way of verifying?

Read the post before replying

2nd your making a point and then killing your point by saying webcam is a much better way of verifying someone. I could come across as THE nicest guy ever on webcam but behind the camera i could have a wall full of knives and other crazy stuff. Nothing is fullproof except meeting in person for yourself . But at least the green tick is 1 level of check.

Firstly, it was you that was putting words in capital letters when you replied I thought we were just shouting random words out.

Secondly, what??? Have you even read my point about webcams? They can be faked as easily as a picture with webcam simulator software.

Where is there anything in my reply that mentions I think webcam is a much better way of verifying?

Read the post before replying "

Ok admittedly my point was veiled behind sarcasm that was clearly lost in translation but anyhoos. Our preference is meaningful verifications. Thats how we stay safe and we know we are meeting with a gen guy that has experience on the scene

Blantyre

Ok admittedly my point was veiled behind sarcasm that was clearly lost in translation but anyhoos. Our preference is meaningful verifications. Thats how we stay safe and we know we are meeting with a gen guy that has experience on the scene"

Veiled, it was totally invisible lol.

Ive spoke to you in here so will send you a glowing verification.

Ok admittedly my point was veiled behind sarcasm that was clearly lost in translation but anyhoos. Our preference is meaningful verifications. Thats how we stay safe and we know we are meeting with a gen guy that has experience on the scene

Ive spoke to you in here so will send you a glowing verification. "

Oh thanks I'll send one back and get all my pals to verify you too lol

Blantyre

Ive spoke to you in here so will send you a glowing verification.

Oh thanks I'll send one back and get all my pals to verify you too lol "

I remember on my last account I asked for a previous meet to verify me and I got a message from a guy saying he would verify me if I sent him a cock pic. I had never met this guy before.

Also I’ve never read a bad veri. If i turned up to a meet smelly, d*unk and aggressive, even if my meet left that on my profile I could hide it.

For me a telephone call works more than if someone has a green tick or not

Me personally

Will never meet anyone without a green tick

Just saying

It’s the ones that have been verified, but then the profile of the person having verified is hidden... very suspect.

As someone said, so many people know about this site now and verifications end up being from friends rather than meets.

I’ve had loads say they want to speak on phone to verifi each.. can’t see how that proves anything.. fed up of going to meets and the person looks nothing like their pic... there has to be a better way to stop all the fakes, the green tick is becoming meaningless as another poster said

"It’s the ones that have been verified, but then the profile of the person having verified is hidden... very suspect.

As someone said, so many people know about this site now and verifications end up being from friends rather than meets.

I’ve had loads say they want to speak on phone to verifi each.. can’t see how that proves anything.. fed up of going to meets and the person looks nothing like their pic... there has to be a better way to stop all the fakes, the green tick is becoming meaningless as another poster said "

One way to stop fake pic verifications... fab creates a page with an embedded camera that users need to use to take a video directly rather than uploading from their gallery. Get the guy/girl/couple to hold their username and speak out a verification code. 5 second video and boom there you go. Can't think of many ways to fake this

» Add a new message to this topic