FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Lift wanted to Newcastle

Lift wanted to Newcastle

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erryman64 OP   Man  over a year ago

central

Hi got a female friend looking for lift on Monday from Glasgow to Newcastle , can anyone hel p

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Pity..I'm not down there until next week..good luck

Train?

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

You’d put a female friend in a car with a stranger? I’ll not even go to a stranger’s house!

Found it quite funny/ironic your username is ferryman

Maybe do a username search for taximan?

I'll grow up one day I suppose

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Hi got a female friend looking for lift on Monday from Glasgow to Newcastle , can anyone hel p"

'Don't worry ma dear... I'll go on that swingers/sex site and ask on their public forum for a stranger to take ya doon to Newcastle... 'cos you're a friend and I want ya to arrive to your destination safely!'

Love it!!!

"You’d put a female friend in a car with a stranger? I’ll not even go to a stranger’s house! "

Same here.

By *ommickMan  over a year ago

cork

"Pity..I'm not down there until next week..good luck "

I'm sure she will wait....

Getthebus.com

By *andleCoolMan  over a year ago

dundee

"Hi got a female friend looking for lift on Monday from Glasgow to Newcastle , can anyone hel p

'Don't worry ma dear... I'll go on that swingers/sex site and ask on their public forum for a stranger to take ya doon to Newcastle...

'cos you're a friend and I want ya to arrive to your destination safely!'

Love it!!!

"

Indeed

There are various websites specifically for this kind of thing ! Liftshare is one !

I'm beginning to see why the majority bypass forums.....

Unusual thread but I've hitchhiked many a time in the past and I'd still give a lift to a stranger but if I thought they were dodgy I'd have an excuse to curtail the journey.

A strangers just a friend you haven't met yet.....hopefully they don't have a large carving knife down their breeks....

Yeah...hopefully being the word of the day?

"Found it quite funny/ironic your username is ferryman

Maybe do a username search for taximan?

I'll grow up one day I suppose "

Least it’s not taxidermist

By *e DevilMan  over a year ago

Blantyre

"I'm beginning to see why the majority bypass forums.....

Unusual thread but I've hitchhiked many a time in the past and I'd still give a lift to a stranger but if I thought they were dodgy I'd have an excuse to curtail the journey.

A strangers just a friend you haven't met yet.....hopefully they don't have a large carving knife down their breeks...."

I too have hitched lifts. Couple of years ago went to Southampton last minute for the solw purpose to share the driving of a relative straight back up. I would also happily pick up a hitcher, too much doom n gloom in the world. Not eveeyone is a serial killer.

Edinburgh

A strangers just a friend you haven't met yet.....hopefully they don't have a large carving knife down their breeks....

I too have hitched lifts. Couple of years ago went to Southampton last minute for the solw purpose to share the driving of a relative straight back up. I would also happily pick up a hitcher, too much doom n gloom in the world. Not eveeyone is a serial killer. "

Correct not everyone is a serial killer!

Just for the sake of debating

You found your lift... yourself... I assume and used your own judgement.

Let's imagine.... Would you be 'happy' for your daughter's male friend to go on a sex site forum to organise a lift for her? Would you be satisfied that it is a safe way to get there and the best place to source a lift for your daughter?

Dosn't need to be his daughter

Men get assaulted and murdered also

Edinburgh

"Dosn't need to be his daughter

Men get assaulted and murdered also "

Errrr! Of course! I was only referring to the scenario in the original post!

Blantyre

I too have hitched lifts. Couple of years ago went to Southampton last minute for the solw purpose to share the driving of a relative straight back up. I would also happily pick up a hitcher, too much doom n gloom in the world. Not eveeyone is a serial killer.

Let's imagine.... Would you be 'happy' for your daughter's male friend to go on a sex site forum to organise a lift for her? Would you be satisfied that it is a safe way to get there and the best place to source a lift for your daughter?

"

He is simply asking if anyone is travelling that direction. Would someone on this site really guarantee their next 20 years in jail by offering the lift then doing something they shouldnt have. All these websites and stuff are so easily traceable by your internet id or interactions with others etc . So yes i would be happy with her or him accepting that lift. Also remember you are assuming the person looking for the lift has zero judgement and would not be aware of her own safety. Simply photo of the number plate sent to a friend before going into the car ids the person too. Or are we going further into doom n gloom and saying he stole a car hoped that she got in that stolen car , hoped he never got traced on fab , hoped after all that she never changed her mind about going. Or maybe he just had the best of intentions and decided , im going that way sure i can give you a lift. The news is called news for a reason. It tells people about bad things that happen . Its not news to report 500 people hitchhiked safely from a to b today, and yesterday and the day before and tomorrow and the day after. Your no less at risk jumping in a taxi with a RANDOM stranger after a social, actually youve been drinking so your MORE at risk. Oh nooo better NEVER use a taxi again.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

He is simply asking if anyone is travelling that direction. Would someone on this site really guarantee their next 20 years in jail by offering the lift then doing something they shouldnt have. All these websites and stuff are so easily traceable by your internet id or interactions with others etc . So yes i would be happy with her or him accepting that lift. Also remember you are assuming the person looking for the lift has zero judgement and would not be aware of her own safety. Simply photo of the number plate sent to a friend before going into the car ids the person too. Or are we going further into doom n gloom and saying he stole a car hoped that she got in that stolen car , hoped he never got traced on fab , hoped after all that she never changed her mind about going. Or maybe he just had the best of intentions and decided , im going that way sure i can give you a lift. The news is called news for a reason. It tells people about bad things that happen . Its not news to report 500 people hitchhiked safely from a to b today, and yesterday and the day before and tomorrow and the day after. Your no less at risk jumping in a taxi with a RANDOM stranger after a social, actually youve been drinking so your MORE at risk. Oh nooo better NEVER use a taxi again. "

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

He is simply asking if anyone is travelling that direction. Would someone on this site really guarantee their next 20 years in jail by offering the lift then doing something they shouldnt have. All these websites and stuff are so easily traceable by your internet id or interactions with others etc . So yes i would be happy with her or him accepting that lift. Also remember you are assuming the person looking for the lift has zero judgement and would not be aware of her own safety. Simply photo of the number plate sent to a friend before going into the car ids the person too. Or are we going further into doom n gloom and saying he stole a car hoped that she got in that stolen car , hoped he never got traced on fab , hoped after all that she never changed her mind about going. Or maybe he just had the best of intentions and decided , im going that way sure i can give you a lift. The news is called news for a reason. It tells people about bad things that happen . Its not news to report 500 people hitchhiked safely from a to b today, and yesterday and the day before and tomorrow and the day after. Your no less at risk jumping in a taxi with a RANDOM stranger after a social, actually youve been drinking so your MORE at risk. Oh nooo better NEVER use a taxi again. "

Ffs leave us taxis out of it

Edinburgh

You have made some good points, thank you.

One of those we just have to agree to disagree

Or he was just looking for a freebie so he/she dosn't have to pay

By *oast888Man  over a year ago

cambuslang

He is simply asking if anyone is travelling that direction. Would someone on this site really guarantee their next 20 years in jail by offering the lift then doing something they shouldnt have. All these websites and stuff are so easily traceable by your internet id or interactions with others etc . So yes i would be happy with her or him accepting that lift. Also remember you are assuming the person looking for the lift has zero judgement and would not be aware of her own safety. Simply photo of the number plate sent to a friend before going into the car ids the person too. Or are we going further into doom n gloom and saying he stole a car hoped that she got in that stolen car , hoped he never got traced on fab , hoped after all that she never changed her mind about going. Or maybe he just had the best of intentions and decided , im going that way sure i can give you a lift. The news is called news for a reason. It tells people about bad things that happen . Its not news to report 500 people hitchhiked safely from a to b today, and yesterday and the day before and tomorrow and the day after. Your no less at risk jumping in a taxi with a RANDOM stranger after a social, actually youve been drinking so your MORE at risk. Oh nooo better NEVER use a taxi again.

Ffs leave us taxis out of it "

I'll second that !

Blantyre

Ffs leave us taxis out of it

I'll second that !"

Haha sry wasnt having a dig at you taxi drivers . Your ALL safe people to be left alone in a car with. Lol

A strangers just a friend you haven't met yet.....hopefully they don't have a large carving knife down their breeks...."

I was driving from Aberdeen to Glasgow, and going through Dundee, a young woman was hitching with a Glasgow sign on the Dual Carriageway. I was past her before I could stop, but my conscience was such that I about turned at the next roundabout, back up to the previous one and went back and stopped for her.

I took her to Glasgow city, she offered me cash for the trip, which I told her to spend on more more nice things with her friend she was meeting as my reason for stopping was not to take money and I was going that way anyway. I did mention that my thoughts that hitching may not be the safest thing at this point, her reply sort of turned my head back to front when she said that there are more nice people like you who care for people than don’t, and that I had proven by my actions to go out the way to make sure she was safe showed that her decision to hitch was an OK one!!

Think she may have been studying Psychology LOL!

I'd contest that the person giving the hitchhiker a lift would be fat more pleasant and much less expectant than any taxi driver.

» Add a new message to this topic