FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Etiquette at Socials

Etiquette at Socials

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r and Mrs Snogalot OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Just looking for peoples views on what is acceptable behaviour at socials. Now I should begin this by saying that those that know both myself and Mr S will know that we are incorrigible. We love to flirt, play games (where’s the ice cubes) and snog (hence the name). However, we would hate it if our behaviour made anyone feel uncomfortable and always try to make sure that it is welcome from the outset.

There have been a a couple of fairly minor moments at recent socials where men, that are complete strangers, have been overly familiar. Now am not a prude, but if I want your cock brushing up against my arse then I would really prefer to know your name first.

At play parties and in clubs the etiquette is clear don’t touch without asking. What do folks think?

Mrs S

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I totally agree with you... had a similar incident myself where I thought what the fuck are you doing. Not adverse to some flirting and innuendos but definately don’t touch without asking.

Think a lot of people male and female forget they’re in a public place sometimes

K x

By *hyaitsmeagainMan  over a year ago

near you

I'm.gonna follow this post as deffo plan on attending a social very soon although I'm not a total creep whos gonna be as use put it having my cock touching ur ass unless u wanna that is be good to see the does and donts before attending my first

Glasgow

"I totally agree with you... had a similar incident myself where I thought what the fuck are you doing. Not adverse to some flirting and innuendos but definately don’t touch without asking.

Think a lot of people male and female forget they’re in a public place sometimes

K x"

Honestly, my first thought was wtf do you think you are doing. My next was, once more and I will knock you out! It absolutely was not accidental - had it been I wouldn’t have minded.

K xx

By *ick1979xxMan  over a year ago

hornyville

I've had plenty of social meets. Sometimes just to meet new likeminded friends and other times to initially meet before playing.

Every time- even if we've met before. It's purely "social". No touching, groping ECT..

Can I add that all of my socials have been in public where not everyone knows what were socially discussing

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Socials are just that!

Conduct yourself as if your in a public place with friends.

I absolutely agree with this. It is not acceptable in any shape or form. I once had to slap the hand of someone away from a woman's chest just because we were at a social. She looked very shocked and both her and her husband walked away. It is highly inappropriate to do this. Boundaries need to be set in place after all x

Groping or touching inappropriately without consent or asking is beyond rude and verging on illegal. Also spoils it for everyone. Some folk are sleazeballs in any situation.

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

You can’t take some folk anywhere!

Tracey I couldn't help It!!! It was your dress that done it to me

Edin

"Tracey I couldn't help It!!! It was your dress that done it to me "

By *ikilovesCCouple  over a year ago

village life, closest main town inverness

"Socials are just that!

Conduct yourself as if your in a public place with friends. "

Sounds about right to us

Great post Mr&Mrs Snogalot,

it's good for newbies like us to know what to expect

By *xplorer13Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

"Just looking for peoples views on what is acceptable behaviour at socials. Now I should begin this by saying that those that know both myself and Mr S will know that we are incorrigible. We love to flirt, play games (where’s the ice cubes) and snog (hence the name). However, we would hate it if our behaviour made anyone feel uncomfortable and always try to make sure that it is welcome from the outset.

There have been a a couple of fairly minor moments at recent socials where men, that are complete strangers, have been overly familiar. Now am not a prude, but if I want your cock brushing up against my arse then I would really prefer to know your name first.

At play parties and in clubs the etiquette is clear don’t touch without asking. What do folks think?

Mrs S "

Hi my name is Glenn, now can I rub my cock against your ass ?

If a bit of lighthearted groping is good enough for the President of the United States, then it's good enough for me.

I’d like to think these people wouldn’t be allowed to attend any further events if this is how they conduct themselves in public

"I’d like to think these people wouldn’t be allowed to attend any further events if this is how they conduct themselves in public "

By *is vixen at playCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Happened to me at one of the Aberdeen socials, he went round the room grabbing pretty much every woman's arse

V

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Err! Nae touching!

The ones, males and females that know they can, know we have 'our understanding' and we have met before intimately and I know there is no disrespect meant, just some teasing.

Anyone else touching me... is doing so at their own risk!

I don't care where I am or what I am doing they can expect a come back!

I hate people taking liberties with my body without my say so!

Edin

"Err! Nae touching!

The ones, males and females that know they can, know we have 'our understanding' and we have met before intimately and I know there is no disrespect meant, just some teasing.

I hate people taking liberties with my body without my say so!"

I promise to keep my hands to myself

By *oanne_MacTV/TS  over a year ago

Cunty Durham

such contact is not acceptable on a club night without an invitation, its certainly not acceptable at a social...

a social is to be treated like any normal night out ( the clues in the name)... if anything people should be on even better behaviour than normal..

fair enough if people connect and get on well and as open minded people decide to go back to a hotel and fool around or arrange a meet in the near future.... but sleazy body contact is not on

By *ittlemissnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

For those that know me, they know that I'm really quite flirty, & almost a little risque at times ..... but only with those I know.

R

Edinburgh

"Err! Nae touching!

I promise to keep my hands to myself "

You can take liberties T lol

You can print and laminate

Edin

"Err! Nae touching!

I promise to keep my hands to myself

You can take liberties T lol

You can print and laminate "

Woop woop duly noted x

Cunty Durham

Max was rubbing my leg at a social under the pretence she liked the lace on my dress.... I felt violated. it was nice

Edinburgh

"Max was rubbing my leg at a social under the pretence she liked the lace on my dress.... I felt violated. it was nice "

Haha! No my fault, you always have lovely things on

Cunty Durham

"Max was rubbing my leg at a social under the pretence she liked the lace on my dress.... I felt violated. it was nice

Haha! No my fault, you always have lovely things on "

still waiting on My juice though

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Err! Nae touching!

I hate people taking liberties with my body without my say so!"

my thoughts too Max

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I think some people think that because you're at a swinging event then you're fair game. Its not nice and very wrong.

Some behavior I've seen at socials over the years is consensual but embarrassing too!

By *ncandiladoCouple  over a year ago

Dundee

Very good point raised OP.

It is absolutely not acceptable to touch uninvited or behave inappropriately at a social or Club and if done the perpetrator should be called out!

Socials are a no play situation where you get to know other people on the scene.

We're hosting on 2nd March and will expect all attendees to be discreet, polite and respectful. If not you'll be asked to leave.

Whatever fun you want to get up to afterwards is up to you

"Just looking for peoples views on what is acceptable behaviour at socials. Now I should begin this by saying that those that know both myself and Mr S will know that we are incorrigible. We love to flirt, play games (where’s the ice cubes) and snog (hence the name). However, we would hate it if our behaviour made anyone feel uncomfortable and always try to make sure that it is welcome from the outset.

Mrs S "

Ooppss sorry lol

Mrs S "

I take it your talking about big socials that are organised at pubs, clubs or private events.

Well my view is that they are socials for a reason, for everyone to meet everyone, get on have a laugh, drink and a cracking good time. At the social if someone interests you or you interest them then you can arrange a meet in the future. Anyone big social I've been at I've had a fantastic time and right good laugh. That's my take of socials.

Glasgow

Mrs S Ooppss sorry lol "

Haha you are most definitely on the grope list

Mrs S Ooppss sorry lol

Haha you are most definitely on the grope list "

Phew xx

Glasgow

Thanks for the responses folks.

Mr S and I have been on the scene long enough to know what to expect and fortunately behaviour like that does not happen very often.

For newbies who haven’t been at a social before, I hope it doesn’t put you off. In five years on fab I have only been made to feel uncomfortable 2 or 3 times.

For anyone on fab who thinks that just because we are swingers we are easy meat and that you have the right to treat us (male or female) how you please am pretty sure I am not alone in thinking you are on the wrong site.

Mrs S

As shaggy would say "It Wasn't Me" as I was not there.

P

Have to say had this convo years ago when I took my vanilla friend to a social, everyone was asked before hand did they mind me bringing her no objections, I wanted to show her it wasn’t all sleaze and weirdos !!! Anyway small number of individuals made complete fools of themselves acted super inappropriately and gave the game away no end within a cpl hours starting the staff had all sussed what type of party it was and worse was the staff new a number of attendees !!!

"I’d like to think these people wouldn’t be allowed to attend any further events if this is how they conduct themselves in public "

Now see this is the most logical answer totally agree,no place for it and Def never without permission first

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Alot claim to have manners and etiquette.

When what they actually have is a set of mannerisms to suit who is infront of them.

have attended plenty of socials and laughed at the little groups that form.

one of my personal favorites is the "growl crew" loveliest people if your a female or cpl single guys get the stare down or open growl.

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

"Very good point raised OP.

It is absolutely not acceptable to touch uninvited or behave inappropriately at a social or Club and if done the perpetrator should be called out!

Socials are a no play situation where you get to know other people on the scene.

We're hosting on 2nd March and will expect all attendees to be discreet, polite and respectful. If not you'll be asked to leave.

Whatever fun you want to get up to afterwards is up to you "

Agree with most of this comment. We are also hosting on the 2nd and the way i see it , as we are hosting i have a responsibility to ensure the safety of my guests the same as they have a responsibility to respect us. Where i differ though ,if unwanted/ inappropriate actions were to happen towards any of my guests they would not be ASKED to leave, more like ejected out the door onto thier erse.

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

At a social meet or in a club, you wouldnt behave like that in a normal club , totally out of order and crossing the line

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

"Alot claim to have manners and etiquette.

When what they actually have is a set of mannerisms to suit who is infront of them.

one of my personal favorites is the "growl crew" loveliest people if your a female or cpl single guys get the stare down or open growl.

"

I'm a single woman and I've experienced this. I've been to some socials and been made to feel like I must have two heads. Its not just single guys the swinging cliques look down on

Glasgow

"

Saw a few examples of this at the Xmas social... John introduced himself to a few couples who either growled or blatantly ignored him who then wanted to chat later on when they realised he was one of the organisers and part of a couple. He did the right thing and chatted away and ignored their rudeness

K x

By *onkeymagic50Man  over a year ago

Near the harbour

Only ever been to one social .it was a blast .and had a great time .no one did anything innaproriate you just don't do ..well I did go all star wars on a ladies wheelchair maybe a little then

Saw a few examples of this at the Xmas social... John introduced himself to a few couples who either growled or blatantly ignored him who then wanted to chat later on when they realised he was one of the organisers and part of a couple. He did the right thing and chatted away and ignored their rudeness

K x"

You see it all the time at socials and in clubs even if the person isn’t your type there’s no harm in saying hello or having a brief chat then again you do get people who don’t realise or care that they’ve overstayed their welcome and it’s time to move on

Musicmaid x

Glasgow

K x

You see it all the time at socials and in clubs even if the person isn’t your type there’s no harm in saying hello or having a brief chat then again you do get people who don’t realise or care that they’ve overstayed their welcome and it’s time to move on

Exactly... it’s all in the name... Social. If you were at a birthday party or a wedding n someone came up and said hello you wouldn’t ignore them so Imo here’s no difference at a social

K x

Musicmaid x"

Glasgow

K x

Exactly... it’s all in the name... Social. If you were at a birthday party or a wedding n someone came up and said hello you wouldn’t ignore them so Imo here’s no difference at a social

K x

Musicmaid x"

Oops

K x

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

You mean snogging the face off someone is inappropriate? Damn I’ll have to rethink my Valentines strategy!

Seriously, I’d only touch someone if it was appropriate. We all like our own personal space.

By *an from UncleMan  over a year ago

ml1

I have only been to a few socials and never been groped so far I am a bit dissapointed if i am being honest

By *litter and GrumpCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"You mean snogging the face off someone is inappropriate? Damn I’ll have to rethink my Valentines strategy!

"

I hope not or We were very inappropriate at last few we’ve been at lol xx

Blantyre

K x"

In saying that K , i hope they are off any future social invitations. Its not always about numbers, its about people that can have a drink and have the decency to interact at least conversationally with everyone regardless of whether or not they are thier type or not. I myself have twice experienced the growl once from a couple ,like guarding thier prey , and once from a male half of a fb couple. Both are off any future events we might organise.

I’ve experienced lovely folk at the very small number of “social” events I’ve attended but found there’s always some that breach etiquette. I confess it’s made me tentative about going to anything else even though some of the events I see posted look amazing

Blantyre

"I’ve experienced lovely folk at the very small number of “social” events I’ve attended but found there’s always some that breach etiquette. I confess it’s made me tentative about going to anything else even though some of the events I see posted look amazing "

But would you feel tentative if you had pointed out the person that breached that etiquette and had been assured they would not be invited again ? Hopefully not .

"I’ve experienced lovely folk at the very small number of “social” events I’ve attended but found there’s always some that breach etiquette. I confess it’s made me tentative about going to anything else even though some of the events I see posted look amazing

But would you feel tentative if you had pointed out the person that breached that etiquette and had been assured they would not be invited again ? Hopefully not . "

It was a few years ago so perhaps not as regulated as that. Yes, knowing that would probably be reassuring

Glasgow

K x

In saying that K , i hope they are off any future social invitations. Its not always about numbers, its about people that can have a drink and have the decency to interact at least conversationally with everyone regardless of whether or not they are thier type or not. I myself have twice experienced the growl once from a couple ,like guarding thier prey , and once from a male half of a fb couple. Both are off any future events we might organise. "

There a few that are for various reasons... I’m not to concerned with numbers, it’s all about everyone coming along, having a good time and being made to feel welcome

K x

Blantyre

K x

In saying that K , i hope they are off any future social invitations. Its not always about numbers, its about people that can have a drink and have the decency to interact at least conversationally with everyone regardless of whether or not they are thier type or not. I myself have twice experienced the growl once from a couple ,like guarding thier prey , and once from a male half of a fb couple. Both are off any future events we might organise.

There a few that are for various reasons... I’m not to concerned with numbers, it’s all about everyone coming along, having a good time and being made to feel welcome

K x"

Great Post.

I've never been to a social but would never dream of behaving like this until any circumstances.

Good that it seems clear to everyone on here that this behaviour is unacceptable. Some hope for us yet.

"You mean snogging the face off someone is inappropriate? Damn I’ll have to rethink my Valentines strategy!

Seriously, I’d only touch someone if it was appropriate. We all like our own personal space. "

I hope that isn’t inappropriate cause I was engaged in a 40 minute snogging session at the last social lol mutual decision nothing sleazy

Glasgow

That’s ok you actually were playing less tonsil hockey than the non FAB couple that were sitting behind us.

It was two people having d*unken slabbery kisses, fun to watch for about 5 seconds and then the bottom of a pint glass looked more attractive!!

Everything in moderation as long as it was appropriate and wouldn’t look out of place in the normal environment of a pub in Glasgow.

Mr S

"That’s ok you actually were playing less tonsil hockey than the non FAB couple that were sitting behind us.

It was two people having d*unken slabbery kisses, fun to watch for about 5 seconds and then the bottom of a pint glass looked more attractive!!

Everything in moderation as long as it was appropriate and wouldn’t look out of place in the normal environment of a pub in Glasgow.

Mr S "

Lol

By *areBares7778Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

Haha that nonfab couple where funny and Deelightful where you actually kissing someone we may have missed that lol xx

glasgow

Kissing at a social well I never lol

Grump

"Haha that nonfab couple where funny and Deelightful where you actually kissing someone we may have missed that lol xx"

Lol I’m sure musicmaid has the evidence lol x

"Haha that nonfab couple where funny and Deelightful where you actually kissing someone we may have missed that lol xx

Lol I’m sure musicmaid has the evidence lol x "

Yip video footage of you both flipping me and moon-light the bird lol

Musicmaid x

Glasgow

"Kissing at a social well I never lol

Grump"

Did you get a snog at the social? Can’t say for sure

Glasgow

Grump"

Am all for a little consensual snogging

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Grump"

wouldnt catch me doing that lol

Grumpwouldnt catch me doing that lol "

Lol getting back into the swing ‘ it all starts with a kiss’

By *UN-ALMan  over a year ago

Near Fenwick

I agree that a social is just that.... it's an event to get to know people and relax.... if you want to have more then take it away....

Nobody at anytime has the right to put their hands on you.

This has happened to me before and all I can say is he’s lucky I didn’t knock his head off his shoulders.

Little bit of flirting goes a long way xx same with respect and manners x

glasgow

Grumpwouldnt catch me doing that lol "

You would catch me doing it lol life’s too short and if folk have a issue that’s theirs. Everyone has a mouth and can say no thanks or if they have a issue say it to your face

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

"Have to say had this convo years ago when I took my vanilla friend to a social, everyone was asked before hand did they mind me bringing her no objections, I wanted to show her it wasn’t all sleaze and weirdos !!! Anyway small number of individuals made complete fools of themselves acted super inappropriately and gave the game away no end within a cpl hours starting the staff had all sussed what type of party it was and worse was the staff new a number of attendees !!! "
Seen the same ourselves..

By *otskipCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Nobody at anytime has the right to put their hands on you.

This has happened to me before and all I can say is he’s lucky I didn’t knock his head off his shoulders. "

"Haha that nonfab couple where funny and Deelightful where you actually kissing someone we may have missed that lol xx

Lol I’m sure musicmaid has the evidence lol x

Yip video footage of you both flipping me and moon-light the bird lol

Musicmaid x"

I can’t even remember doing that to you all until you showed me the evidence.. haaaa haaaa

» Add a new message to this topic