FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Flu

Flu

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone suffering ?

Seems half my work is struck down but working with public I can see it’s only a matter of time before I succumb

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yip in building trade everyone has it too due to cold buildings with no heating i suppose

By *rs T and HubbyCouple  over a year ago

somewhere north of the border..

Could be worse it could be an outbreak of MAN FLU...Then the country would grind to a halt...xx

"Could be worse it could be an outbreak of MAN FLU...Then the country would grind to a halt...xx "

The majority of absentees are female. So I guess us macho men are keeping the world turning at the moment

*cough* oh dear maybe I typed to soon

Lol.....get some Vic eandubbed in a hot lemon drink just incase...

Those ladies are probably home treating thier poorly partners..

"Lol.....get some Vic eandubbed in a hot lemon drink just incase...

Those ladies are probably home treating thier poorly partners.. "

Rub in Vic and take a hot lemon drink....lol...

I must be catching it too..

"Lol.....get some Vic eandubbed in a hot lemon drink just incase...

Those ladies are probably home treating thier poorly partners..

Rub in Vic and take a hot lemon drink....lol...

I must be catching it too.. "

Ha ha eandubbed and I’m the daft Cnut googling it thinking it was a new thing

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Ive been ill but not absent from work despite looking like death warmed up. Im a tough cookie and always soldier on no matter what.

[Removed by poster at 09/01/18 10:51:07]

If all the ill folk stayed off work the fallen foot soilder count would be less.

"Ive been ill but not absent from work despite looking like death warmed up. Im a tough cookie and always soldier on no matter what."

Typical strong lady...those men don't appriciate our strength and resiliance. ..lol

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

"Ive been ill but not absent from work despite looking like death warmed up. Im a tough cookie and always soldier on no matter what.

Typical strong lady...those men don't appriciate our strength and resiliance. ..lol "

on the plus side i have lost a few pounds and got a very sexy husky voice.

"Ive been ill but not absent from work despite looking like death warmed up. Im a tough cookie and always soldier on no matter what.

Typical strong lady...those men don't appriciate our strength and resiliance. ..lol on the plus side i have lost a few pounds and got a very sexy husky voice."

Every cloud...lol

I spend my working days telling people they don't have flu.

"Anyone suffering ?

Seems half my work is struck down but working with public I can see it’s only a matter of time before I succumb "

Nope, I have stocked up on Amoxicillin and it is keeping the flu, colds and all other nasty's away

"Anyone suffering ?

Seems half my work is struck down but working with public I can see it’s only a matter of time before I succumb

Nope, I have stocked up on Amoxicillin and it is keeping the flu, colds and all other nasty's away"

"Anyone suffering ?

Nope, I have stocked up on Amoxicillin and it is keeping the flu, colds and all other nasty's away

"

you have a problem with my quote

By *utdooryoneMan  over a year ago

Over there

AHH, so now everyone else has it....

OK, I'm a healthcare professional.

If you absolutely cannot get out of bed, if it's a real struggle to even make it to the loo, if you're hot and cold in the extreme?

You may have the dredded flu. Did your temperature and other symptoms come on really quickly? Probably flu.

Please don't attempt to go to work. You'll make yourself worse. And you may pass your germs on to your colleagues. Sometimes you have to lay down to it and just rest.

Lots of fluid. Water preferably. Eat what you crave to get your energy back. Still unwell after a few days? Maybe time. See the doc.

By *avdunsMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"OK, I'm a healthcare professional.

If you absolutely cannot get out of bed, if it's a real struggle to even make it to the loo, if you're hot and cold in the extreme?

You may have the dredded flu. Did your temperature and other symptoms come on really quickly? Probably flu.

Please don't attempt to go to work. You'll make yourself worse. And you may pass your germs on to your colleagues. Sometimes you have to lay down to it and just rest.

Lots of fluid. Water preferably. Eat what you crave to get your energy back. Still unwell after a few days? Maybe time. See the doc. "

Thank you for a professional opinion, I hate when folks have a heavy cold or are a bit under the weather and call it flu!

I have had flu once in my life and like you say you really feel you can't move from your bed.

It really floors you! If you really have had it you will know !

Lots of fluid. Water preferably. Eat what you crave to get your energy back. Still unwell after a few days? Maybe time. See the doc. "

Sound advice

By *orwillieMan  over a year ago

Melrose

Amoxycillin is a version of penicllin thay theu give you when they have no idea.

Theywould never prescribe it for a viral infection

By *orwillieMan  over a year ago

Melrose

Amoxycillin is a version of penicllin thay theu give you when they have no idea.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Last time I had flu I had the above symptoms plus all my body wash sore all I done for four days was drink

By *hedevilwearspradaWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere nearby

I’ve had the flu and am just getting over it. Totally floored me. Was in bed as much as I could be as a single mum with a young child and no family support near by.

Had to take days off work between Xmas and new year and although I’m back I’ve cancelled all client visits til I’m better to try and limit the spread a bit.

Not felt so ill for a long time

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Another misconception is its the cold weather that causes them influenza and rhinovirus have nothing to do with the temperature

By *ocaine and caviarCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

I was bad for a week!! Freezing cold, head feeling fuzzy, feeling sick, kept passing out, shortness of breathe, pain in my lungs and liver (felt like I was floating about) then I'd fall asleep pick up for 10 minutes then drop again! Doctors thought it might of been a blood clot turned out to just be the flu but it was BRUTAL!!

"Amoxycillin is a version of penicllin thay theu give you when they have no idea.

Theywould never prescribe it for a viral infection"

How do you know its "Viral" !!!

The symptoms of a bacterial infection and a virus are often very similar—fever, muscle aches, cough, and sore throat—but they require different treatments

it costs money to test and see if a cold/flu is bacterial or viral and both usually clear within 10 - 14 days.

People like myself who have no spleen are normally put on antibiotics for life, 24/7 all year.

As I lost my spleen in 1982 due to a RTA before medical opinion had discovered the link between the spleen and immune system I was not advised to go on antibiotics until 1992, by this time I had 10 years without.

Doctors and surgeons still recommend as soon as I feel a cough, cold or chest infection come on, then I should immediately start antibiotics, they also advise this during winter months if a lot of flu and cold is going around

of course shortyscot will also know this, being a health professional

"Amoxycillin is a version of penicllin thay theu give you when they have no idea.

How do you know its "Viral" !!!

The symptoms of a bacterial infection and a virus are often very similar—fever, muscle aches, cough, and sore throat—but they require different treatments

it costs money to test and see if a cold/flu is bacterial or viral and both usually clear within 10 - 14 days.

People like myself who have no spleen are normally put on antibiotics for life, 24/7 all year.

As I lost my spleen in 1982 due to a RTA before medical opinion had discovered the link between the spleen and immune system I was not advised to go on antibiotics until 1992, by this time I had 10 years without.

Doctors and surgeons still recommend as soon as I feel a cough, cold or chest infection come on, then I should immediately start antibiotics, they also advise this during winter months if a lot of flu and cold is going around

of course shortyscot will also know this, being a health professional "

Indeed. I wish you and everyone on this thread, continued good health.

Shorty x

Now 2/3rds down with staff head count.

I often feel that as soon as a major outbreak of any ailment occurs lots just jump on the chance to take time off

"Now 2/3rds down with staff head count.

I often feel that as soon as a major outbreak of any ailment occurs lots just jump on the chance to take time off "

That's the wrong attitude for an employer & personnel within company.

It is far better for someone with cold or flu to take time off, self certification for first week then doctors sick line week after rather than one person come in and spread the illness to possibly 2/3rds staff simply due to the fact that the boss looks down on staff off sick and the employee felt forced to come in, spreading & passing on the sickness

By *anarkshirelassCouple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

I (MrLA)am suffering from a heavy cold like most in the country, but its not Flu.

I was unfortunate to have had the Red Flu in 1977, when I was 18 and I was as fit as fook at the time. This totally floored me to the extent that I collapsed with it after light exertion, even blinking your eyes was sore and painful.

Notwithstanding the above, Man flu is still a killer though lol lol lol

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I (MrLA)am suffering from a heavy cold like most in the country, but its not Flu.

I was unfortunate to have had the Red Flu in 1977, when I was 18 and I was as fit as fook at the time. This totally floored me to the extent that I collapsed with it after light exertion, even blinking your eyes was sore and painful.

Notwithstanding the above, Man flu is still a killer though lol lol lol "

awww let me cool your fevered brow Mr La ... hope your felling better soon xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Feeling*

I often feel that as soon as a major outbreak of any ailment occurs lots just jump on the chance to take time off

It is far better for someone with cold or flu to take time off, self certification for first week then doctors sick line week after rather than one person come in and spread the illness to possibly 2/3rds staff simply due to the fact that the boss looks down on staff off sick and the employee felt forced to come in, spreading & passing on the sickness "

I’m referring to the malingerers not those genuinely ill. If you look back on the thread I actually advocate taking time off

It is far better for someone with cold or flu to take time off, self certification for first week then doctors sick line week after rather than one person come in and spread the illness to possibly 2/3rds staff simply due to the fact that the boss looks down on staff off sick and the employee felt forced to come in, spreading & passing on the sickness

I’m referring to the malingerers not those genuinely ill. If you look back on the thread I actually advocate taking time off "

my mistake, apologies

» Add a new message to this topic