FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Club reviews

Club reviews

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *earded blossom OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

After seeing a certain clubs reviews recently after a bad night it made me wonder, why people only use the club reviews section to leave good reviews and never bad ones? Also being able to remove old reviews isn’t an option? But it’s easy enough to block a person to take away a verification you’ve left them? Ie a couple splits and the male half turns the profile into a single guys profile which then has a lot of good verifications from various couples

This post isn’t a dig at anywhere or anyone but more a curiosity thing

John

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *r humanMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Think that very good point some night in clubs can busy or quite or good night or bad night your might had fun that night some has not

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We've only attended the one club (pretty frequently) and posted a good review but I would always post an honest review and if I didn't like a club I would say why as hopefully it would give the club some feedback that they could then assess

No point in just giving good reviews as you are just adding to their advertising. Imho

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There are lots of bad reviews in the club section.

I think in general on the net, people who don't like something they normally say it, so maybe the club you are talking about is a good one that gets no negative reviews

Glasgow

As I said not aimed at any club in particular but more a general statement, normally it’s all good reviews but every now and then you see a spate of bad ones for the same night but not very often

John

edinburgh

Every good club get bad review some times

"After seeing a certain clubs reviews recently after a bad night it made me wonder, why people only use the club reviews section to leave good reviews and never bad ones? Also being able to remove old reviews isn’t an option? But it’s easy enough to block a person to take away a verification you’ve left them? Ie a couple splits and the male half turns the profile into a single guys profile which then has a lot of good verifications from various couples

John "

Hypothetically speaking, what if a couple split and the female half turned the profile into a single female profile? Just out of curiosity, would you still say the same John? x

We left a review recently which may be one of the ones you are referring to and to be honest we pondered over whether or not we should have left it or not, for the fear of the replies from the obvious clique of members or maybe even staff who leave reviews constantly! We’re actually glad we did now as we had an awful lot of messages after agreeing with us. If people only ever put up good reviews - what is the point of this option ?We should have questioned the quality of the club when ID wasn’t even required - how do they even monitor who is on there ?!? It’s our honest opinion of our experience on that occasion - maybe many people did have a good time and loved the atmosphere and good on them if that’s what they like - but just not for us. There was a uncomfortable level of single guys in there and a very intimidating atmosphere. What we left out was the terrible attitude of the man on reception who was as subtle as a sledgehammer within 30 secs of walking saying the girls had to strip off, no where private to get changed, the girl pissing all over a bed then a guy licking it up and the disgust in their face when we said we wanted to leave when we knew within minutes it wasn’t for us - we were £90 light and not a mention of any refund, thanks )

By *H_GuyMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I can only imagine people would be worried about the backlash of leaving a negative review?

I'm pretty sure I know what club we are talking about and personally, I've had good and bad nights there.

There have been nights when single men have heavily outweighed females/couples (and I've been one of the single men) I wouldn't say this has made it a "bad night" but just wasn't for me.

I've also been when there's been lots more couples and females which obviously, being a single guy, I prefer.

The one time I would say I didn't enjoy it was when there was a group of guys in (almost like a stag party)

Again, couples and women may have been ok with this but personally I felt a bit uncomfortable.

I did mention this when leaving and was told it was an error in judgement from the person on reception and they would look to make sure it didn't happen again. And to be fair I've never seen it since (even though I've only been a couple of times)

Suppose it can just be like a pub/nightclub. You're never going to know who's going to be there and how the male/female ratio will work out.

Bit of a gamble I suppose.

Maybe they could have the person at reception let you know exact numbers of males/females/couples in at the time when entering so people aren't spending a decent amount of cash to have to leave 5 minutes later as they feel uncomfortable?

By *976scottMan  over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

As they always say on super scoreboard phone in; “were you at the game today caller”?

If you go to a club and pay your money you are entitled to your opinion, good or bad and like trip advisor some will look at the club review section before going to a club. So I would rather some honest opinions.

The big issue is some on fab and in the forums slag off clubs and people who go without having ever had the bottle to go themselves.

S

edinburgh

Well said scott

Glasgow

Yeah Scott 100% plus clubs change from time to time, one minute it can be good then the next it could be very bad, doesn’t take much for a club to change.... a bad member of staff is enough to make somewhere go from friendly to nasty but that’s another story

Yes Kate a couples profile of any sort should be stripped of verifications once one half of the “Couple” decides to pick up toys and leave because it doesn’t give a true reflection of who it is currently. I’ve seen profiles where it’s started as a single guy, went to a couple, female leaves Couple and is replaced by another female yet the profile still exsists and when the guy leaves the female is in control of it.... it doesn’t even resemble any sort of aspect it first started with yet it’s still out there

John

By *exinthesunWoman  over a year ago

far far away

"As they always say on super scoreboard phone in; “were you at the game today caller”?

If you go to a club and pay your money you are entitled to your opinion, good or bad and like trip advisor some will look at the club review section before going to a club. So I would rather some honest opinions.

The big issue is some on fab and in the forums slag off clubs and people who go without having ever had the bottle to go themselves.

S"

Equally, you get people who leave honest feedback about their visit only for a member of staff to come along and rubbish their opinions.

"As they always say on super scoreboard phone in; “were you at the game today caller”?

S

Equally, you get people who leave honest feedback about their visit only for a member of staff to come along and rubbish their opinions. "

Surely their staff would never do such a thing !

"Yeah Scott 100% plus clubs change from time to time, one minute it can be good then the next it could be very bad, doesn’t take much for a club to change.... a bad member of staff is enough to make somewhere go from friendly to nasty but that’s another story

Yes Kate a couples profile of any sort should be stripped of verifications once one half of the “Couple” decides to pick up toys and leave because it doesn’t give a true reflection of who it is currently. I’ve seen profiles where it’s started as a single guy, went to a couple, female leaves Couple and is replaced by another female yet the profile still exsists and when the guy leaves the female is in control of it.... it doesn’t even resemble any sort of aspect it first started with yet it’s still out there

John "

I totally understand that and yet I have been told to keep my couple's profile from my friends. Really not sure what to do as I don't think I would want to go down that road again. It would take someone to be very very special to have another profile with, if you know what I mean x

Glasgow

"Yeah Scott 100% plus clubs change from time to time, one minute it can be good then the next it could be very bad, doesn’t take much for a club to change.... a bad member of staff is enough to make somewhere go from friendly to nasty but that’s another story

John

I totally understand that and yet I have been told to keep my couple's profile from my friends. Really not sure what to do as I don't think I would want to go down that road again. It would take someone to be very very special to have another profile with, if you know what I mean x"

Some stupid friends then, if you shack up with someone else then create a new profile, he’s dumped you, move on and delete the profile but next time don’t be so stupid

John

I think a lot depends on the mix of people who go. I have been to the club in question with under 10 people attending on one occasion yet we all played and had an amazing time as we gelled well. But people do have the right to post a review about places they have attended. As long as it doesn't get personal.

John

I totally understand that and yet I have been told to keep my couple's profile from my friends. Really not sure what to do as I don't think I would want to go down that road again. It would take someone to be very very special to have another profile with, if you know what I mean x

Some stupid friends then, if you shack up with someone else then create a new profile, he’s dumped you, move on and delete the profile but next time don’t be so stupid

John "

Straight and to the point lol. I like your style. Well I always learn by my mistakes

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

When people give their honest opinion what normally happens is the regulars start firing back with statements calling them rude or stupid for daring to say something bad against “their” club. Everyone should be able to leave THEIR OWN opinion without being shot down for that said opinion.

"When people give their honest opinion what normally happens is the regulars start firing back with statements calling them rude or stupid for daring to say something bad against “their” club. Everyone should be able to leave THEIR OWN opinion without being shot down for that said opinion. "

I don't like being called stupid either and I don't like it when people say my friends are stupid as well. It's not at all nice!! x

edinburgh

People right to opinion but if club good or bad but must Expected challenged back if club bad review still free county

"After seeing a certain clubs reviews recently after a bad night it made me wonder, why people only use the club reviews section to leave good reviews and never bad ones? Also being able to remove old reviews isn’t an option? But it’s easy enough to block a person to take away a verification you’ve left them? Ie a couple splits and the male half turns the profile into a single guys profile which then has a lot of good verifications from various couples

John "

I was thinking this too about the club reviews, but I am that person who reads the 1 1star review on trip advisor even if there’s 500 5 star reviews!

I came The the conclusion that CJs is just amazing

Glasgow

John

I was thinking this too about the club reviews, but I am that person who reads the 1 1star review on trip advisor even if there’s 500 5 star reviews!

I came The the conclusion that CJs is just amazing"

I often goto 2 star reviews places just to see if the others are wrong haha my trip advisor is awesome I travel way too much haha

John

John

I often goto 2 star reviews places just to see if the others are wrong haha my trip advisor is awesome I travel way too much haha

John "

I bet the Mrs loves that! “No darling, I know it’s our anniversary but I want to prove trip advisor wrong”

far far away

"People right to opinion but if club good or bad but must Expected challenged back if club bad review still free county "

Any chance of that in English?

You were particularly rude about the couples, comparing them to a cross between Trump and Kevin Spacey. Before being rude about someone’s appearance take a long hard look in your mirror and ask yourself, ‘am I in a position to say someone else is ugly’.

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 13/11/17 19:18:28]

Glasgow

John

John

I bet the Mrs loves that! “No darling, I know it’s our anniversary but I want to prove trip advisor wrong”

"

We eat out.... a lot! So the odd time isn’t bad trying somewhere “bad” but anyway I mostly do that when eating alone or with someone else

John

edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 13/11/17 19:22:14]

far far away

They expressed their opinion of the Club based on their experience, they did not single any one out, you did. They are entitled to an opinion without facing a backlash of personal abuse by a member of staff which in turn will put others of attending if that is how they’re going to be spoken about. And I sincerely hope you are not calling me a cow as that’s very dangerous territory, but then again, it is difficult to understand what you've written.

edinburgh

Ps and not member of staff of club get your fact right any why should give shite what your said

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"People right to opinion but if club good or bad but must Expected challenged back if club bad review still free county

You were particularly rude about the couples, comparing them to a cross between Trump and Kevin Spacey. Before being rude about someone’s appearance take a long hard look in your mirror and ask yourself, ‘am I in a position to say someone else is ugly’. "

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

I am glad there’s very few clubs in Scotland with the them and us attitude and small mindedness that exists in the Scottish fab community ( a community at the biggest stretch of the word)

edinburgh

Sorry but should have more then just two swingers club in Scotland more clubs better for every one enjoy go clubs

By *horman11Man  over a year ago

Thurso

"I think a lot depends on the mix of people who go. I have been to the club in question with under 10 people attending on one occasion yet we all played and had an amazing time as we gelled well. But people do have the right to post a review about places they have attended. As long as it doesn't get personal."

"People right to opinion but if club good or bad but must Expected challenged back if club bad review still free county

You were particularly rude about the couples, comparing them to a cross between Trump and Kevin Spacey. Before being rude about someone’s appearance take a long hard look in your mirror and ask yourself, ‘am I in a position to say someone else is ugly’.

"

Ha ha we actually laughed at his quote about us - I’m reasonably confident that if anyone was to check out our profile it’s pretty apparent that we’re not all that bad, although we totally appreciate that everyone has different tastes !