FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Armistace

Armistace

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

To all past present Army Navy RAF personell on here we will remember them.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"To all past present Army Navy RAF personell on here we will remember them."

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Not a fan of these type of posts its almost like look at how caring I am and almost an attempt ro shame others to share your belief.

for me its simple if you want to remember........just remember it doesnt need pomp and ceremony

For they gave there day so we could have our tomorrow. Lest we forget

"Not a fan of these type of posts its almost like look at how caring I am and almost an attempt ro shame others to share your belief.

for me its simple if you want to remember........just remember it doesnt need pomp and ceremony"

And others like to remember other ways. It is all remembrance at end of day and we should not discriminate against one or other.

I for one do a mixture of both.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If i offended anyone i do apologise & eacg to thier own but as an ex squaddie i jut say it to anyother ex service people here.

Sorry

coatbridge

"If i offended anyone i do apologise & eacg to thier own but as an ex squaddie i jut say it to anyother ex service people here.

Sorry"

im not offended my comment is more to do with folks reasons for needing to make sure everyone knows and in some cases trys to shame folk into the same view.

I choose to remember all the time not on a specific day.

A hollow thought has no value a heartfelt silent one is worth the world imo.

Im not claiming the op is guilty of anything ive said but it allows others to do these things

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"Not a fan of these type of posts its almost like look at how caring I am and almost an attempt ro shame others to share your belief.

for me its simple if you want to remember........just remember it doesnt need pomp and ceremony"

But you find the need to comment on it ?

By *xplorer13Man  over a year ago

glenrothes

[Removed by poster at 11/11/17 23:11:15]

glenrothes

I can't believe how you could even start a disagreement about this subject, or someone's spelling or when it's a good day to support our forces.

I know i wouldn't want to be meeting any of you socially. Shakes head and walks away!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"I can't believe how you could even start a disagreement about this subject, or someone's spelling or when it's a good day to support our forces.

I know i wouldn't want to be meeting any of you socially. Shakes head and walks away! "

"I can't believe how you could even start a disagreement about this subject, or someone's spelling or when it's a good day to support our forces.

I know i wouldn't want to be meeting any of you socially. Shakes head and walks away! "

its called freedom of speech. one of the things we have, thanks to our veterans.

glenrothes

I know i wouldn't want to be meeting any of you socially. Shakes head and walks away!

its called freedom of speech. one of the things we have, thanks to our veterans."

Freedom of speech to moan about someone freely speeking? Talk sense man.

'i disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it'

springs to mind.

its a forum. loosen up.

By *ewbie1972Man  over a year ago

Somewhere

"'i disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it'

springs to mind.

its a forum. loosen up. "

you've earned a block from me

"'i disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it'

springs to mind.

its a forum. loosen up.

you've earned a block from me"

and here was me wanting to meet you for a pint as well. oh well. you have a great day.

[Removed by poster at 12/11/17 08:11:15]

We have a local update from a "veteran in need of sexual healing" I find that pretty low. On Armistice Sunday it is low anyway trying to use the day to get a sympathy shag...

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

"We have a local update from a "veteran in need of sexual healing" I find that pretty low. On Armistice Sunday it is low anyway trying to use the day to get a sympathy shag...

"

Sounds pretty normal for squaddie humour!

By *rs T and HubbyCouple  over a year ago

somewhere north of the border..

its called freedom of speech. one of the things we have, thanks to our veterans.

Freedom of speech to moan about someone freely speeking? Talk sense man. "

Don't you mean speaking? sorry, I'll get my coat

for me its simple if you want to remember........just remember it doesnt need pomp and ceremony

But you find the need to comment on it ?"

coatbridge

"We have a local update from a "veteran in need of sexual healing" I find that pretty low. On Armistice Sunday it is low anyway trying to use the day to get a sympathy shag...

"

careful your not allowed to think anyone is trying to use things for their advantage

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

Well , well well. From a simple post supporting our troops this thread has turned into an opportunity for some Fab members to show their true personalities. With 2 children currently serving in the armed forces i wish to say thanks to the op for his original post. To the members ( and im being restrained here) again MEMBERS of Fab who thought it was a wee opportunity to bring in politics, religion or spelling into this thread i can only guess where you would be hiding while these brave men, women and children were dying for your rights to comment on this forum or any other freely available pursuits you may wish to be a part of in todays society.

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

What a lovely day with the sun shining the wind calming down and the locals of Stirling turning out.

Every year the council erect their no parking sign at the cenotaph. Yet again car owners fail to move their cars.

White Feet away for another year

"Well , well well. From a simple post supporting our troops this thread has turned into an opportunity for some Fab members to show their true personalities. With 2 children currently serving in the armed forces i wish to say thanks to the op for his original post. To the members ( and im being restrained here) again MEMBERS of Fab who thought it was a wee opportunity to bring in politics, religion or spelling into this thread i can only guess where you would be hiding while these brave men, women and children were dying for your rights to comment on this forum or any other freely available pursuits you may wish to be a part of in todays society. "

Havent seen anyone on the thread bring religion into it.

By *ainbowBrite57Woman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

To all servicemen and servicewomen for then, now and the future.

We don't need a day to remind us what you do but it's a day to outwardly thank you.

Your service is appreciated every day.

You are heroes.

Stop having a go at each other and appreciate the OPs contribution and if Iv spelt anything wrong I don’t give 2 shits lol

"To all past present Army Navy RAF personell on here we will remember them.

To all servicemen and servicewomen for then, now and the future.

We don't need a day to remind us what you do but it's a day to outwardly thank you.

Your service is appreciated every day.

You are heroes. "

Blantyre

"Well , well well. From a simple post supporting our troops this thread has turned into an opportunity for some Fab members to show their true personalities. With 2 children currently serving in the armed forces i wish to say thanks to the op for his original post. To the members ( and im being restrained here) again MEMBERS of Fab who thought it was a wee opportunity to bring in politics, religion or spelling into this thread i can only guess where you would be hiding while these brave men, women and children were dying for your rights to comment on this forum or any other freely available pursuits you may wish to be a part of in todays society.

Havent seen anyone on the thread bring religion into it. "

Congratulations . Youve proven my point once more. You would rather try and have a dig at me as opposed to saying well done to the op on his post supporting our troops . The words pomp and ceremony were messaged almost immediately. A ceremony IS a religious event for your information.

Blantyre

[Removed by poster at 13/11/17 03:11:34]

coatbridge

"Well , well well. From a simple post supporting our troops this thread has turned into an opportunity for some Fab members to show their true personalities. With 2 children currently serving in the armed forces i wish to say thanks to the op for his original post. To the members ( and im being restrained here) again MEMBERS of Fab who thought it was a wee opportunity to bring in politics, religion or spelling into this thread i can only guess where you would be hiding while these brave men, women and children were dying for your rights to comment on this forum or any other freely available pursuits you may wish to be a part of in todays society.

Congratulations . Youve proven my point once more. You would rather try and have a dig at me as opposed to saying well done to the op on his post supporting our troops . The words pomp and ceremony were messaged almost immediately. A ceremony IS a religious event for your information."

wasnt going to answer this but since it was me who mentioned pomp and ceremony I will (ceremony is not just religion by the way)

I truely hope your children are fine but take a look at what you are writing you accuse people of hiding like cowards.....maybe these people served their time to have this freedom of speech having a diffrent view from the consensus dosnt make you wrong .

The royal british legion and many other forces related bodys have always maintained its about remembering and helping where possible all yr round not making the grand show for one day.

"Well , well well. From a simple post supporting our troops this thread has turned into an opportunity for some Fab members to show their true personalities. With 2 children currently serving in the armed forces i wish to say thanks to the op for his original post. To the members ( and im being restrained here) again MEMBERS of Fab who thought it was a wee opportunity to bring in politics, religion or spelling into this thread i can only guess where you would be hiding while these brave men, women and children were dying for your rights to comment on this forum or any other freely available pursuits you may wish to be a part of in todays society. "

Blantyre

Congratulations . Youve proven my point once more. You would rather try and have a dig at me as opposed to saying well done to the op on his post supporting our troops . The words pomp and ceremony were messaged almost immediately. A ceremony IS a religious event for your information.wasnt going to answer this but since it was me who mentioned pomp and ceremony I will (ceremony is not just religion by the way)

I truely hope your children are fine but take a look at what you are writing you accuse people of hiding like cowards.....maybe these people served their time to have this freedom of speech having a diffrent view from the consensus dosnt make you wrong .

The royal british legion and many other forces related bodys have always maintained its about remembering and helping where possible all yr round not making the grand show for one day.

"

Now thats the response you could have led with. Not attack the guy with things like i hate these type of posts and look how caring it makes me look . Does it take someone to challenge your comments before you will just say something in the way of supporting a well meaning post. ? Even if you had used your Royal British Legion information in your original post would have been far more constructive criticism.

I try my best to stay out of things as it tends to just lead to an argument.

But on this one occasion I’m taking the time to see things from everybody’s point of view and can agree with them all to a certain extent.

Regarding the OP to me it’s an innocent post to show respect, what is wrong with that?

However I can see where Mr cubes is coming from too as due to the devide that’s been caused by the usual 2 sides of Scotland.

People shouldn’t need to feel bad for quietly showing their respect, or not showing respect at all.

And although religion wasn’t mentioned, i know how it did eventually get mentioned. But not everybody from both sides is the same.

Although the OP may have been innocent, there are unfortunately also some on here who do try and use their service/ex service for a “hero shag” as I call it. But I’m not sure that was his angle.

And with regards to the big fuss over one day... It’s the anniversary. We can remember all year round, but we commemorate the day the nightmare ended for the lucky ones who lived to see it.

I’m an ex serviceman, I don’t want any gratitude, thanks or praise for that (it was my job).

So choose or choose not to remember, it will never affect my or your feelings of it.

But don’t waste time arguing about it... you could be talking yourselves out of a good thing

NOW... who’s goin to give me that hero shag???

Joke by the way... nobody shout at me please.

Blantyre

"I try my best to stay out of things as it tends to just lead to an argument.

But on this one occasion I’m taking the time to see things from everybody’s point of view and can agree with them all to a certain extent.

Regarding the OP to me it’s an innocent post to show respect, what is wrong with that?

However I can see where Mr cubes is coming from too as due to the devide that’s been caused by the usual 2 sides of Scotland.

People shouldn’t need to feel bad for quietly showing their respect, or not showing respect at all.

And although religion wasn’t mentioned, i know how it did eventually get mentioned. But not everybody from both sides is the same.

Although the OP may have been innocent, there are unfortunately also some on here who do try and use their service/ex service for a “hero shag” as I call it. But I’m not sure that was his angle.

And with regards to the big fuss over one day... It’s the anniversary. We can remember all year round, but we commemorate the day the nightmare ended for the lucky ones who lived to see it.

I’m an ex serviceman, I don’t want any gratitude, thanks or praise for that (it was my job).

So choose or choose not to remember, it will never affect my or your feelings of it.

But don’t waste time arguing about it... you could be talking yourselves out of a good thing

Joke by the way... nobody shout at me please."

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"If i offended anyone i do apologise & eacg to thier own but as an ex squaddie i jut say it to anyother ex service people here.

Sorry"

Don't apologise. You can remember whenever, wherever and in which ever way you want x

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Ardgay

So, these hero shags, where do I put my name down for one.

coatbridge

Congratulations . Youve proven my point once more. You would rather try and have a dig at me as opposed to saying well done to the op on his post supporting our troops . The words pomp and ceremony were messaged almost immediately. A ceremony IS a religious event for your information.wasnt going to answer this but since it was me who mentioned pomp and ceremony I will (ceremony is not just religion by the way)

Now thats the response you could have led with. Not attack the guy with things like i hate these type of posts and look how caring it makes me look . Does it take someone to challenge your comments before you will just say something in the way of supporting a well meaning post. ? Even if you had used your Royal British Legion information in your original post would have been far more constructive criticism. "

I think perhaps you should read my initial post and subsequent post. At no point did I write what you seem to be implying.

as for challenging anyone is free to challenge anything I write it wont change my view sameas mine wont change others mearly give a broader perspective which can only be a good thing

Joke by the way... nobody shout at me please."

Still got the uniform? You could be in with a shout!

Still got the uniform? You could be in with a shout! "

I'm just used tò seeing both my parents in uniform, kinda spoiled it for me

But very very proud of them both

Still got the uniform? You could be in with a shout! "

Hahaha Only the combat gear... I'm not the Officer And Gentleman type...

» Add a new message to this topic