FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Bumping into people in real life that you've seen or met on here?

Bumping into people in real life that you've seen or met on here?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has it happened to many people? I was looking through profiles in the Glasgow area last night and freaked out a wee bit when I stumbled across a guy I know from my kid's school. Kudos to him for putting up a face pic though. As a newbie (female of couple) this kind of terrifies me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happened a few times to us - it's exciting in a way - especially the woman

never happened to me but also scares the hell out of me

By *exicolaMan  over a year ago

West Lothian

I mentioned in a thread this week how my mates parents are on here.

A lovely couple. They don't know I know though and I would never say anything.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Has it happened to many people? I was looking through profiles in the Glasgow area last night and freaked out a wee bit when I stumbled across a guy I know from my kid's school. Kudos to him for putting up a face pic though. As a newbie (female of couple) this kind of terrifies me."
once or twice and I just walk on by as it saves any awkwardness

Saw a few folk from here out n about

Just don't make eye contact lol

Although 1 time a guy from a cpl myself and my hubby met actually bumped into each other in a shop in town lol

Was funny and chatted for a few mins then went on our merry way lol

"I mentioned in a thread this week how my mates parents are on here.

A lovely couple. They don't know I know though and I would never say anything. "

Jesus....you've put the fear of God into me now. I think I'd put my head in the oven if that happened !

West Lothian

"I mentioned in a thread this week how my mates parents are on here.

A lovely couple. They don't know I know though and I would never say anything.

Jesus....you've put the fear of God into me now. I think I'd put my head in the oven if that happened !"

Mrs gave it away with identical statuses here and in facebook. And their pics are a giveaway once you know what you are looking for!

Ps - it's not you

By *itman6969Man  over a year ago

stirling

Guy on here who stays 20 yards from us also ex girls wee sister asked to meet guy I work with said hello on here last week. We're all adults so don't think it's an issue and we're all on here.

Yep, a guy who is manager of a local antique shop is on here. Reason I know is that he has a few pics which show most of his face and his description/age/location add up.

I may have met him too but know him too well from being one of his customers. And no I haven't hinted to him, and have no plans to ever do so

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Freaks me out a little too, but on the flipside, I'm curious to know which fabbers may be walking past me when I'm out shopping..

Someone else mentioned on the forums about a secret badge fabbers could where...

By *uietbloke67Man  over a year ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

Generally I find that if you know them and they know you a hello suffices, I think its called not being rude.

By *abulous fingersMan  over a year ago

bo’ness

I was talking to a girl/couple only for a few days there. Cut a long story short we added each other as friends yesterday turns out I was at school with her and only a year ago she stayed 3 doors up from me . Sorry to close for comfort. We have now blocked each other lol

Out and about???? Try a work colleague, that I see every day.

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

Oh I’d love to find people I know ,,,,, been chatted up on here by two people I know

Has anyone ever gone somewhere busy like Braehwad and looked to see who is near ? I’d have no intention of speaking to them but it is fun.

By *itman6969Man  over a year ago

stirling

"Generally I find that if you know them and they know you a hello suffices, I think its called not being rude.

"

Theres one in particular I see quiet a lot at the local shop near me. It gives you that thrill of knowing something that possibly not a lot of people know or even expect from a person. Makes you wonder how many people around you at any given time are either on here or into this

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

It's happened to me & is happening just now. The guy is following me about so much that I can't take my dog out. Totally stalking me

Mrs

West Lothian

"It's happened to me & is happening just now. The guy is following me about so much that I can't take my dog out. Totally stalking me

Mrs"

If you are concerned speak to the police x

By *vanabeusedTV/TS  over a year ago

somewhere

"It's happened to me & is happening just now. The guy is following me about so much that I can't take my dog out. Totally stalking me

Mrs"

Don’t stand for that crap !

Seen a few from on here over the years, would never do anything to make them uncomfortable just a polite smile or hello in the passing

Have been approached by someone in a bar once and I didn't appreciate it, very unwelcome attention

Happens to us a lot doesn't bother us we are happy to stand and chat to them xx

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Happened to b/f. He was at a works meeting with the female of a couple we'd met.

By *lasgowpair76Couple  over a year ago

Renfrewshire

We have played with a girl and 2 couples who stay within walking distance of us in a reasonably small town. Have seen all of them in 'every day life' at the supermarket and even in the pub. Just said hi and didn't let it bother us. We also worked out that a local transvestite on here is a guy we knew when we were younger. Good luck to him and noboby elses business

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

If I did bump into anyone I’d probably not recognise them I’ve a terrible memory for names and faces . If they said hello I’d say hello back then carry on my way I believe discretion is most important as is the other persons privacy .

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Used to see the guy I had my first ever meet with out and about but I'm pretty sure he never recognised me.

By *akemepurrWoman  over a year ago

Fife

I think I almost got outed the other day by someone. I was with a colleague and this guy asked me if he knew me from somewhere - I was pretty sure it was here but played ignorant!

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

Mrs

If you are concerned speak to the police x"

I've reported it to the police & they said there's nothing they can do

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I went to meet a woman who I was seeing regular when I got to her house a guy from round the corner from me was at her house with her pal ended up giving him a lift home but we just look at one another when we pass

Mrs

I've reported it to the police & they said there's nothing they can do"

That's shocking! How can they possibly not do anything about this? Do you keep a note of when this is happening as evidence? Sorry to hear you're going through this.

Mrs

I suggest reporting again because that’s simply not true, there are new harassment laws they can use.

Only way they would be stuck is if you could literally tell them nothing about the person!

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Yes ended up in a meeting at work with someone I'd met years ago. Was pretty awkward!

Mrs

Omg...look after urself! That must be so scary carry an alarm with u not that you should have too but! X

By *b6 ib9Man  over a year ago

inverness

Never had any one straight out say it, but have certanly noticed a few shocked double takes, when out an about, ever since i changed my profile pic to a face pic.

» Add a new message to this topic