By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I don't want to seem smug but it is Yippee

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Could you please explain the implications for Scotland

"Brave new world"

Interesting that you choose the title of a dystopian nightmare to describe the referendum result

Next thing you know there will be a corporate power grab of the American presidency

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

For a second i thought this thread was in regard to The Tempest....

"Could you please explain the implications for Scotland "

How long have you got?

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I can show you the world

Shining, shimmering, splendid

Tell me, princess, now when did

You last let your heart decide?

No?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

I'm for quitting Facebook. It's full of real cunts at the moment

By *ob nice but domMan  over a year ago

PAISLEY

Speaking of cunts. Nicola sure is one . 55 .. 55.. other 2 leaders have come out . Why can't she ? Married to her party and a captain mannering look alike. Cameron love her him or loathe him loses and falls on his sword. Nicola and pig Salmond just keep their agenda going.

It's a daft move BUT ultimately I think it will work out well for Scotland. Will take a while though. To me it's almost like the EU are saying 'thank fuck, saves us booting them.'

B

"It's a daft move BUT ultimately I think it will work out well for Scotland. Will take a while though. To me it's almost like the EU are saying 'thank fuck, saves us booting them.'

B"

I kinda thought that too Bo. Bet the bastards are having a right good knees up tonight thinking..yeah, they've gone!!

"It's a daft move BUT ultimately I think it will work out well for Scotland. Will take a while though. To me it's almost like the EU are saying 'thank fuck, saves us booting them.'

B

I kinda thought that too Bo. Bet the bastards are having a right good knees up tonight thinking..yeah, they've gone!! "

The fact they're pushing to evoke article 50 is proof of that, yes to stabilise things, but also to say 'get tae'. Don't blame them.

B

By *andyman1963Man  over a year ago

inverness

Not sure yippee even comes close but nervous for sure at how things are moving..

Have a look at history just 100 yrs ago Europe was at war never again was the cry but self interest interest and greed ruled again.

Then the rebuild funded by the banks guarenteeing loans. 1920's future looks good and a false prosperity funded on loans. Things just to good to be true and it was. 1930's financial crash banks called in loans many countries badly hit but Germany worse than most due to loans to rebuild after the war. Generally rise of right wing fringe politicians, try googling a nobody fringe right wing extremist from the early 1930's called aldof hitler.

They creep into power pointing the finger at certain minorities blustering that they are to blame and people are so desperate they mob together and follow them to the abyss.

Nation of blonde blue eyed pure bloods remind you of anyone more recent. I am not saying history is going to repeat its self again but if we forget the past and don't keep an eye on the present then it probably will repeat as osterity and right wing fascist make great bedfellows that seem to give the worst types of political animal the access to power.

Just be careful about what you wish for as there is alway someone ready to take advantage of the situation.

Personally I don't think the uk was ever truly up for the whole EU thing just the top boys club wanted access to the common market and the resources it offered. I would like to think that the rest of Europe will move forward but the current osterity and right wing rise in other countries is worrying and maybe other countries will follow our example.

I always say hope for the best and plan for the worst but in this case I am focussing on hope as the worst is truly sleep depriving.

Well somebody don't d say Yippee

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Speaking of cunts. Nicola sure is one . 55 .. 55.. other 2 leaders have come out . Why can't she ? Married to her party and a captain mannering look alike. Cameron love her him or loathe him loses and falls on his sword. Nicola and pig Salmond just keep their agenda going. "

Wow. Enough bile there to fuel labour's sole tactical tory voter-assisted MP in Scotland for a week.

What bit of the SNP's raison d'etre do you not understand? The struggle to achieve self determination will continue until Scots are in charge of their own affairs.

PAISLEY

"Speaking of cunts. Nicola sure is one . 55 .. 55.. other 2 leaders have come out . Why can't she ? Married to her party and a captain mannering look alike. Cameron love her him or loathe him loses and falls on his sword. Nicola and pig

Wow. Enough bile there to fuel labour's sole tactical tory voter-assisted MP in Scotland for a week.

What bit of the SNP's raison d'etre do you not understand? The struggle to achieve self determination will continue until Scots are in charge of their own affairs."

Please explain the raison d'etre you mention. ? In charge of own affairs ? We were left to build a £30 million pound parliament and then spent £300 million on an eyesore. 55 . 55 . 55. Democracy . You lost. Move on. 55 55 55

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

So what level of penury will you inflict on the Scottish public in the name of "freedom". Or are the Scottish Goverment GERS figures "lies"?

Or is this all "in terms of the debate", or a Faragesque "well I really didn't say £350 million a week would go to the NHS".

After the Greek debacle, do you really think the EU would accept a newly created state with no seperate credit history and no independant central bank?

Then add in the encouragement the accession of an iScot would do to the various independance groups across the core EU countries.

PAISLEY

"So what level of penury will you inflict on the Scottish public in the name of "freedom". Or are the Scottish Goverment GERS figures "lies"?

Or is this all "in terms of the debate", or a Faragesque "well I really didn't say £350 million a week would go to the NHS".

After the Greek debacle, do you really think the EU would accept a newly created state with no seperate credit history and no independant central bank?

Then add in the encouragement the accession of an iScot would do to the various independance groups across the core EU countries."

Some great points there. But we are Scottish. Pure dead special.

"So what level of penury will you inflict on the Scottish public in the name of "freedom". Or are the Scottish Goverment GERS figures "lies"?

Then add in the encouragement the accession of an iScot would do to the various independance groups across the core EU countries."

*dent and *dence

I think the EU actually see Scotland as level headed and a pitty that we're part, presently, of this fucked up 'union'. This isn't about 'braveheart' or any other shite that's lazy to throw at the political awakening that's happened here over the past two-four years; and to be fair it's been pretty spot on as far as 'predictions' go, thus far.

As in a previous thread I think the EU are glad to get shot of that 'little England, 'what that foreign muck?' attitude and why they're pushing hard now to engine article 50.

B

inverness

Some people seem to be forgetting that the top guys running the. EU said that if we voted for independence we would not get into the EU club. Was another big threat to coheres people to vote to stay in the uk. What makes you think their position has changed, and if it has not why use it as a reason for another vote. If they where to say Scotland would be welcome to join then that might be a different case. But independent and out of Europe will be the initial result and left with more unknown outcomes.

It's an interesting time that's for sure I keeping my eyes peeled

PAISLEY

Then add in the encouragement the accession of an iScot would do to the various independance groups across the core EU countries.

*dent and *dence

I think the EU actually see Scotland as level headed and a pitty that we're part, presently, of this fucked up 'union'. This isn't about 'braveheart' or any other shite that's lazy to throw at the political awakening that's happened here over the past two-four years; and to be fair it's been pretty spot on as far as 'predictions' go, thus far.

As in a previous thread I think the EU are glad to get shot of that 'little England, 'what that foreign muck?' attitude and why they're pushing hard now to engine article 50.

B

"

Surely political awakening was embraced by the 55 % . Why in this debate is that ignored ?

"Some people seem to be forgetting that the top guys running the. EU said that if we voted for independence we would not get into the EU club. Was another big threat to coheres people to vote to stay in the uk. What makes you think their position has changed, and if it has not why use it as a reason for another vote. If they where to say Scotland would be welcome to join then that might be a different case. But independent and out of Europe will be the initial result and left with more unknown outcomes.

It's an interesting time that's for sure I keeping my eyes peeled "

The fact that they're willing to look at it? France already had discussions, Merkl herself open to it...

I think pre Indy there was a lot of faux promises from the uk gov to a lot of these people, I'd imagine from Cameron, promising we wouldn't be leaving anytime soon (we being the UK) - so say some shit to make them (the sweaties) stay...

B

inverness

Faux promises, I like that phrase.

Sounds very much like your hinting that all those nice politicians where willing to lie to get the deal they wanted, just the type of people you want to get in bed with. Must be a few politicians in here from what I hear lol.

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

*dent and *dence

B

"

Pedant.

Still doesn't answer why the EU would let us in. It owes us bugger all. It would also cause yet more Catalan upheaval in Spain.

Why should the EU disrespect the democratic vote of the UK? (I voted remain btw).

It annoys me that the remain side are aping some of the failed YES camp by pushing for a 2nd ref.

This disrespects the "settled will of the people", to quote Mr Salmond.

You define the "little england"/"foreign muck" yet somehow miss its bastard twin in "little scotland"/"english thieves(tories)" narrative.

There were times in the indy ref that some of the worse aspects of the Scottish psyche were laid bare.

As a greek friend said "What is it about the Scots that it's always someone elses fault?"

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Anyone who believes the EU are happy for the 2nd biggest economy to leave it are dreaming. That's even before we consider the UK providing much of the EU's militarty might and international prestige as one of only two EU countries to be on the UN Security Council. If you look at the opinion of many EU states it's a huge shock and disappointment.

The EU needs to reform and Brexit should be a catalyst for this. It's hugely disappointing though that it has taken the UK leaving to start this process.

Out is out nicola is off her head and has no case to call 2nd ref I voted yes but want out of the Eu people just need to deal with what has happened and move on

By *i_garyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"Some people seem to be forgetting that the top guys running the. EU said that if we voted for independence we would not get into the EU club. Was another big threat to coheres people to vote to stay in the uk. What makes you think their position has changed, and if it has not why use it as a reason for another vote. If they where to say Scotland would be welcome to join then that might be a different case. But independent and out of Europe will be the initial result and left with more unknown outcomes.

It's an interesting time that's for sure I keeping my eyes peeled

The fact that they're willing to look at it? France already had discussions, Merkl herself open to it...

I think pre Indy there was a lot of faux promises from the uk gov to a lot of these people, I'd imagine from Cameron, promising we wouldn't be leaving anytime soon (we being the UK) - so say some shit to make them (the sweaties) stay...

B

"

There hasn't been a single senior politician in the EU saying Scotland could remain as a member without re-applying (and all the conditions that involves). There have been a few saying otherwise though.

By *i_garyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"Out is out nicola is off her head and has no case to call 2nd ref I voted yes but want out of the Eu people just need to deal with what has happened and move on "

I'll go out on a limb here and say that I don't think there will be a 2nd indy referendum because Sturgeon knows she will lose it. Expect a lot of noise over the coming days and weeks but not an actual declaration of a referendum. I could easily be wrong on this but despite the statements from Sturgeon, to keep her supporters onside, she's just skirting around the issue.

"Out is out nicola is off her head and has no case to call 2nd ref I voted yes but want out of the Eu people just need to deal with what has happened and move on

I'll go out on a limb here and say that I don't think there will be a 2nd indy referendum because Sturgeon knows she will lose it. Expect a lot of noise over the coming days and weeks but not an actual declaration of a referendum. I could easily be wrong on this but despite the statements from Sturgeon, to keep her supporters onside, she's just skirting around the issue."

You are right. She is playing/telling the masses what they want to hear.

BTW, I didn't like Friday's Euromillions result can we run it again and again until I get what I want.

» Add a new message to this topic