FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fab & Confidence

Fab & Confidence

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you found that fab has improved or destroyed your confidence and self esteem?

Has it made you feel more open, liberated, empowered and body positive; OR insecure, self conscious and judgmental?

I'm curious as I've heard a few different viewpoints on this recently.

Mrs J xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Depends. Sometimes you get weird stuff happen, like today when you're happily messaging folk and then they just hang up on you, not a 'no thanks' and then most bizarrely block you. Without a cross word spoken.

That type of thing gets you thinking. But by and large it's a positive experience. Nice folks, a chance to be your private self and meet some interesting characters.

Personally i feel that my confidence has improved dramatically since joining,and as a result I have become more open and less judgemental

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow.

Between here, another site and cj's I've found the experiance to be positive in the main.

It has helped me be braver to be me, in both public and private.

You find fuck wits in all walks of life, the hard part is being able to rise above their bitter and in the main narrow outlook.

Much more confident! And I've been lucky enough to meet some amazing guys.

Fab definitely works for me

Same more confidant less judgemental and more open long may it continue.

Personally I don't find its made much difference either way. I don't believe the compliments as men will say anything for a shag but at the same time I pay no attention to the odd idiots who criticise after a refusal.

It's opened my eyes to a few things concerning kinks and fetishism however, and encouraged me to be more adventurous

I would say it has improved my confidence for sure. It's just one meet in particular that kinda squashed it but I'm getting past that and hoping its a live and learn moment and looking back it was obviously their problem and nothing to do with me

Xx

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 12/06/16 18:50:34]

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I don't think it's improved or wrecked my confidence but like others have said, it's opened my eyes a little more

It's definitely improved my confidence, or perhaps lessened the negative self-consciousness. There are a few good people I wish I'd known much sooner in life.

As fairly new member I find its a very mixed bag .and it can br dependent on who you talk to and or meet. As in any walk of life different people have different attitudes from polite to warm and friendky right through to the totally shockingly arrogance and rude.

I had to block a couple of people who where very nasty/mean/rude and been blocked by a few including when ive not even messaged them! On days like those the confidence drops

But outweighing that are the days when its fun on here because people in general are good people regardless.

So for me its definitely a positive experience and confidence has increased

as far as self confidence goes I don't feel much different after years on fab but it has opened my eyes and provided opportunities that I probably wouldn't have got without fab. As that was my reason for joining in the first place I reckon its been a success for me.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

"Personally i feel that my confidence has improved dramatically since joining,and as a result I have become more open and less judgemental "

Yeah, same. I had zero confidence when I met C and we joined here. Being with him and being here has boosted my self esteem, opened me up to new experiences and given me a lot of fun, as well as making new friends

"Personally i feel that my confidence has improved dramatically since joining,and as a result I have become more open and less judgemental

Yeah, same. I had zero confidence when I met C and we joined here. Being with him and being here has boosted my self esteem, opened me up to new experiences and given me a lot of fun, as well as making new friends "

I think fab can be good for confidence but sometimes a thick skin is needed. I've been slagged off so many times, to say the least, and that can be a right knock as I am a bit lacking in confidence. It has made me better, certainly opened my eyes.

Bx

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

I have always been outwardly confident so no change for me confidence wise. but it has shown me the depths some will stop too in order to get their way lots of confidence tricksters alot more than I would see in real life.

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I don't need fab or anyone on it to boost my confidence at all.

I've always been an out going confident woman.

As for it damaging my confidence not a chance of that now as I've grown to realise the people who try to do that mean absolutely nothing to me let alone anything else .

Those who do try and shatter people's confidence need to take a good hard look in the mirror and ask themself's if they are truly 100% perfect

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't need fab or anyone on it to boost my confidence at all.

I've always been an out going confident woman.

As for it damaging my confidence not a chance of that now as I've grown to realise the people who try to do that mean absolutely nothing to me let alone anything else .

Those who do try and shatter people's confidence need to take a good hard look in the mirror and ask themself's if they are truly 100% perfect "

Couldn't have put it any better

K x

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

I've never been very confident in myself. And fab hasn't really changed that. I can be great behind a keyboard but my own insecurities do still surface in other situations.

I don't tend to believe much of what I read on here from people.

I would certainly never let it make me feel worse that's for sure.

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

"Depends. Sometimes you get weird stuff happen, like today when you're happily messaging folk and then they just hang up on you, not a 'no thanks' and then most bizarrely block you. Without a cross word spoken.

That type of thing gets you thinking. But by and large it's a positive experience. Nice folks, a chance to be your private self and meet some interesting characters."

Get that a lot here

Chatting then blocked for no reason

Been blocked after face pic after chatting for a while

Really knocks your confidence

But met some great people too

Swings and roundabouts

Hasn't changed anything confidence wise. Alot of men will say anything on here just to see tits and ass in chat rooms never mind what's said to try meet. Same with rejection the and the nastiness. It all goes over my head. If anything fabs gave me thicker skin.

I've always been a cocky person to the point of arrogance.

Took a severe crash a while back and was receiving therapy. Black Dog still haunts me and I have good/bad days

Chatting to friends on here over the past year has helped

Been around the scene so long nothing surprises me sexually,

» Add a new message to this topic