FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > axl rose singing ac/dc thoughts?

axl rose singing ac/dc thoughts?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *edHorse 13 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bellshill

So anyone thinking that axl rose singing for ac/dc a bad idea or a good idea? As I think he can pull off one or two songs but not sure about a whole gig/tour as I think they're are better singers out there that can do better ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think he is washed up! AC/DC hould have cancelled their tour until Johnstone was fit

Very bad. Comes a time when everyone gotta stop. The last time saw ac/dc on black ice tour was the time to go. Brian struggling badly and Angus looking bizarre as a very old looking guy in a school uniform. From what I've seen and heard on you tube of axl doing the vocals, seems like he's murdering it. The guys (or Angus anyway) ain't short of a bob, it's time to give in gracefully before our memories are tarnished further

No point dragging a once great band into the doldrums,but on the flip side,did ac/dc not get slated for bringing brian Johnson in years ago?

Nope he's shite end of!

No power behind his voice and just a high pitch scream

By *uck knows41Man  over a year ago

Arbroath

I've seen a few videos of him singing with AC DC and he was shit

By *onny MCMan  over a year ago

Crawley

Sorry but I saw them in London Saturday and had an amazing time. Always been a big fan of both bands and thought Axl got it spot on. Was worried his egomania was gonna fuck it all up but was pleasantly surprised, though the fact that the band didn't take a bow at the end of the gig implies to me that the cracks are already showing. Don't cross you're fingers for the US gigs, lol.

Big AC/DC fan, saw Axle last year and he worked his socks off on stage.

If it's just to finish the tour and not let fan's down,good Idea, but I think it's time to retire gracefully.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Last time they were at Hampden we left early.

No crowd interaction and the same line up as the previous black ice tour. Gutted.

I think its time for them to give up. As for Axle Rose he will always be Guns n Roses and I don't think he could pull off some of the songs.

Anyway see you all at Bon Fest end Kirrimuir.

By *r FeelgoodsMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire/Glasgow

Totally agree ??????

"Sorry but I saw them in London Saturday and had an amazing time. Always been a big fan of both bands and thought Axl got it spot on. Was worried his egomania was gonna fuck it all up but was pleasantly surprised, though the fact that the band didn't take a bow at the end of the gig implies to me that the cracks are already showing. Don't cross you're fingers for the US gigs, lol. "

Spot on

I had my doubts but he has proven to be a good replacement at this time and he is getting very good reviews from people who have seen him Live, rather than views from "the imagination"

well done Axl

Love and and have heard good things about rose but I can't get over my dislike of the guy

Crawley

"Love and and have heard good things about rose but I can't get over my dislike of the guy "

He is very easy to dislike. Especially if you've waited around for 3 hours for him to come on stage.

i can understand the rest of the band wanting to finish the tour but i hope this partnership ends before it ruins acdc for me

By *ldo6999Man  over a year ago

larkhall

Exactly.mismatch big time....

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'm not a acdc fan but do like some guns n roses stuff. My bf let me year acdc with there singer and the same song with axl and for that kind of music I thought he was pretty good. Xxxx

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Tbh i think its a good fit ...good for ac/dc to fulfill their tour and good for axl touring with a legendary band ..just a shame i dont have a ticket for any of their gigs

Bellshill

[Removed by poster at 10/06/16 22:31:00]

Bellshill

If I had to pick a singer it would probably be chris cornell as he has the range and would look better than axl on stage

By *ablo30Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I was/am a massive GnR fan, but it made me nervous when they announced the reunion & his filling in for AC/DC.

Hats off to him though, from what I hear, he has been awesome on both counts, and let's not forget, he is kicking 50!!

Cringed when I first heard Axl was joining them but he appears to have pulled it off.

I do however think AC/DC should follow Black Sabbath and make this their FINAL Farewell Tour

By *ilk and sugarCouple  over a year ago

edinburgh

Saw them last night in Manchester, we thought about not going but so glad we went axl was excellent and the whole band seems rejuvenated, axl was hitting notes that jonno hadn't reached for years,but not sure if I want him as a full paid up band member.

By *ablo30Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I think Axl's problem is people's perception of him being a fat asshole now, which is possibly true, but Mick Jagger is a skinny asshole but still (in some people's opinion, not mine!) a great performer! Axl is still and always was a great showman!

Crawley

"Saw them last night in Manchester, we thought about not going but so glad we went axl was excellent and the whole band seems rejuvenated, axl was hitting notes that jonno hadn't reached for years,but not sure if I want him as a full paid up band member. "

Did they take a bow at the end of the Manchester gig or just disappear off stage like they did in London?

"Saw them last night in Manchester, we thought about not going but so glad we went axl was excellent and the whole band seems rejuvenated, axl was hitting notes that jonno hadn't reached for years,but not sure if I want him as a full paid up band member. "

I was speaking to friends who were at the same concert, they have followed the band for decades and said the Manchester show was excellent, much better than last year at Glasgow, they said Axl fitted in well and was a credit to the show

at the end of the day you have to listen to the people who actually attend to concerts

» Add a new message to this topic