FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Scotland pipped

Scotland pipped

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ary_Argyll OP   Man  over a year ago

Argyll

Earlier saw Scotland beaten by 1 measly point - and after a superb try. What a shame they couldn't avoid giving that penalty

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The penalty that should probably have been a scrum.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"The penalty that should probably have been a scrum. "

I agree

Classic Scottish behaviour we shall always be the underdog and rebels also have an affinity for getting fucked off and giving away penaltys

By *p4funduoCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

He should have consulted the video ....It was an Australian that touched it! Hmmmmmm ??

Falkirk

He consulted the video quite a lot but I don't know why he didn't then

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Another glorious defeat ....we really played well today was gut wrenching to lose it in the last minute but we should be used to it by now lol

Edinburgh

"He consulted the video quite a lot but I don't know why he didn't then "

Just lazy ....sack him

"He consulted the video quite a lot but I don't know why he didn't then "

Because he can't in that scenario. Tmo can only be used in certain cases.

Edinburgh

"He consulted the video quite a lot but I don't know why he didn't then

Because he can't in that scenario. Tmo can only be used in certain cases. "

But he awarded a penalty wrongly ....To is there to assist to make the correct calls

Falkirk

"He consulted the video quite a lot but I don't know why he didn't then

Because he can't in that scenario. Tmo can only be used in certain cases. "

Strange that because all the pundits thought he should have consulted the tmo

You're both correct. However the governing body have said he was correct not to use the tmo

Falkirk

It's irrelevant now anyway. It is what it is. But I really don't think he should take charge again as he failed to get help on such a huge decision. It was game changing, that's what the tmo is for

Edinburgh

Awwwh well not many left now anyhow ....then I will be back to my knitting!!

"It's irrelevant now anyway. It is what it is. But I really don't think he should take charge again as he failed to get help on such a huge decision. It was game changing, that's what the tmo is for "

That's what's I'm saying though.

The rules state that he could not ask the tmo for assistance in that situation. He got the decision wrong, but by the rules currently in place he was right not to ask the tmo.

It's a farce.

Edinburgh

Awwwh well ....still a bit perving at all blacks to come ...oops....admiring there Erm asses ...shit I ment skill x

Mmmmmmm how Joubert still gets big games is beyond me........he's pissed off nearly every international at top club side now.......but....

Scotland masters of own downfall, poor kick off retention and should have played full length line out..........but.....

Was it good or what adn at the home of the auld enema!........

All Blacks were worth perving indeed...

"The penalty that should probably have been a scrum. "

By letter of the Law, it would have been a scrum, it was knocked forward by an Australian before the offside Scottish Player received the Ball.

The referee should have went to video and would have realised his mistake and Scotland would have been in the quarter/finals. Scotland scored the most amount of pint sin one game against Australia as well

Was crying my eyes out

It's only a game

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It seems no time at all since we were insisting that rugby is a gentleman's game and that nobody but the captains speak to the referee and nobody questions a call.

Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth in Bute House last night?

Falkirk

"It seems no time at all since we were insisting that rugby is a gentleman's game and that nobody but the captains speak to the referee and nobody questions a call.

Can you imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth in Bute House last night?"

It still is I think, but when it's a poor call by an official at such a crucial point in a match, it can get people upset. However, in post match interviews I didn't see anyone from the Scotland camp comment. They all said they would look once the emotion had died down. I think that's admirable as most would have been spouting all sorts of reasons why it was a poor call

I think the speed at which the ref literally sprinted down the tunnel at the end without shaking hands with the players tells you he knew he fucked up big time!

Gutted for the boy in blue yesterday though! What makes it even more gutting than normal is that for a long time we've capitulated to even the slightest amount of pressure in most games but for once when we played out of our skins against one of the best teams in the world, to have the victory ripped away by something that wasn't our fault is pretty hard to take.

Mind you, if Foley could've kicked his own arse in the first half then the Aussies would've been well ahead going in that final ten so we had a huge amount of luck as well!

"It seems no time at all since we were insisting that rugby is a gentleman's game and that nobody but the captains speak to the referee and nobody questions a call.

It still is I think, but when it's a poor call by an official at such a crucial point in a match, it can get people upset. However, in post match interviews I didn't see anyone from the Scotland camp comment. They all said they would look once the emotion had died down. I think that's admirable as most would have been spouting all sorts of reasons why it was a poor call "

Agreed as it is admiral but they have been training and thinking about this world cup for 4 years and to get done by a mistaken call from the referee.

Send in Jim Maclean / Alex Ferguson into his dressing room, I'm sure they two would have been admiral and they never played rugby, I think

What is worse is that before the Australian took the kick, the replay was how on the big screen inside the stadium and the referee stood and watched it and Greg Laidlaw said to the referee during the reply "Look, it wasn't us". There and then the referee knew but didn't do anything about it.

Oh wit till the next 4 years

damg

Falkirk

It still is I think, but when it's a poor call by an official at such a crucial point in a match, it can get people upset. However, in post match interviews I didn't see anyone from the Scotland camp comment. They all said they would look once the emotion had died down. I think that's admirable as most would have been spouting all sorts of reasons why it was a poor call

Agreed as it is admiral but they have been training and thinking about this world cup for 4 years and to get done by a mistaken call from the referee.

Send in Jim Maclean / Alex Ferguson into his dressing room, I'm sure they two would have been admiral and they never played rugby, I think

What is worse is that before the Australian took the kick, the replay was how on the big screen inside the stadium and the referee stood and watched it and Greg Laidlaw said to the referee during the reply "Look, it wasn't us". There and then the referee knew but didn't do anything about it.

Oh wit till the next 4 years

damg "

I know, but he had made the call by then and he couldn't change it. I think in his heart he knew he was wrong not to go to the TMO but I wonder if it was because there was so little time left

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Are we still any good at curling?

Falkirk

"Are we still any good at curling?"

World class

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Gutsy. Now no moaning. And use it as a stepping block.

Unlucky from a great fought game but he was offside. Must besSo hard in that position not to react and catch the ball. As for the TMO well it shouldn't have changed the decision.

Falkirk

"Unlucky from a great fought game but he was offside. Must besSo hard in that position not to react and catch the ball. As for the TMO well it shouldn't have changed the decision. "

It was an accidental offside which would have meant a scrum

"Unlucky from a great fought game but he was offside. Must besSo hard in that position not to react and catch the ball. As for the TMO well it shouldn't have changed the decision. "

sorry but if the Australian touched the ball first, which he did, then the Scottish player cannot be offside if he's next to touch it. if it struck Scottish player and then on hand,/arm and then forward to the Scottish player then he is offside, which it did not.

or did I pick you up wrong

"Unlucky from a great fought game but he was offside. Must besSo hard in that position not to react and catch the ball. As for the TMO well it shouldn't have changed the decision.

It was an accidental offside which would have meant a scrum "

yip, and the scrum would have been a put in for Australia, which Scotland would not have minded as Australia would have wanted to get ball out of scrum quickly and have a chance of a penalty or drop goal

Referees do make some strange decisions. I'm afraid the scots have had rough deal there, as did England when Mark Cueto went over to score the try that never was back in the 2007 final. The TMO reversed the referees decision back then. Bad luck Scots. You deserve to be up against the Argies after that performance.

By *issncuddlesCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Following this post with interest. Having been player, coach, referee all of it. Absolutely NO doubt the ref made a huge mistake.......or did he??????......A lady who will remain nameless asked me a question that no one else has asked.......it was " wonder how much the ref was PAID to ensure Australia won ????"......Now there IS a subject for discussion that no-one has yet come up with???? Food for thought??

at least the referee has been banned from the rest of the tourney

but if he received money, does he really care he was banned

The yellow card to the scots player was wrong as it was not intentional his arm was already in that position but only the TMO advisor and the referee seen it differently and called yellow card.

Maybe they shared the money

Such an ass

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

wish the GFA would do the same with certain refs....

» Add a new message to this topic