FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > 20 mph

20 mph

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *vbride1963 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

Consultation starts soon for new 20mph zone in Glasgow city centre what's people's thoughts on it ? I'm not sure it will make much difference to me do you think it will make city streets safer ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure I can walk that fast

E.K . Glasgow

"Not sure I can walk that fast "

Spat out my drink there start at sauchiehall st then run down hill see how that goes

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Honestly? No. Because the idiots will just ignore it like they do 30mph. All it will do is increase pollution levels to be honest.

If people drove sensibly in areas where there are a high number of pedestrians, we wouldn't need such draconian measures

E.K . Glasgow

"Honestly? No. Because the idiots will just ignore it like they do 30mph. All it will do is increase pollution levels to be honest.

If people drove sensibly in areas where there are a high number of pedestrians, we wouldn't need such draconian measures "

Got to say getting above 20 is difficult enough stopping at almost every second traffic light .

Falkirk

"Honestly? No. Because the idiots will just ignore it like they do 30mph. All it will do is increase pollution levels to be honest.

If people drove sensibly in areas where there are a high number of pedestrians, we wouldn't need such draconian measures

Got to say getting above 20 is difficult enough stopping at almost every second traffic light ."

That's true. Next they'll be banning lorries lol. They proposed it in London, but when they thought it through, they realised it wouldn't make any difference as the idiots ignore everything anyway.

Just look at the areas around schools. How many people actually do 20mph past schools?

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

If it's the very centre of the city, then I'm not too bothered as it's difficult to do much more than 20 before being stopped by another set of lights.

Though I don't spend much time through in Edinburgh at the moment, I'd be more concerned about what the eejits on the council might do there. They'd ban all motor vehicles tomorrow, if they could get away with it. Bloomin idiots.

They keep rabbiting on about city centre pollution, but what make up the vast majority of vehicles? Buses and taxis!

All the 'greens' should be loaded onto the first spaceship to Mars.

Falkirk

"If it's the very centre of the city, then I'm not too bothered as it's difficult to do much more than 20 before being stopped by another set of lights.

Though I don't spend much time through in Edinburgh at the moment, I'd be more concerned about what the eejits on the council might do there. They'd ban all motor vehicles tomorrow, if they could get away with it. Bloomin idiots.

They keep rabbiting on about city centre pollution, but what make up the vast majority of vehicles? Buses and taxis!

All the 'greens' should be loaded onto the first spaceship to Mars."

If the trams were more than just a stunt, you could have banned cars and buses and taxis in Edinburgh city centre but they're just not good enough for that

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

"If it's the very centre of the city, then I'm not too bothered as it's difficult to do much more than 20 before being stopped by another set of lights.

If the trams were more than just a stunt, you could have banned cars and buses and taxis in Edinburgh city centre but they're just not good enough for that "

I detect a slight bias there Mr.Kay! Ehhhh.............no mention of lorries?

Falkirk

If the trams were more than just a stunt, you could have banned cars and buses and taxis in Edinburgh city centre but they're just not good enough for that

I detect a slight bias there Mr.Kay! Ehhhh.............no mention of lorries? "

ban all lorries

Save us putting up with the traffic. Of course, without lorries there would be nothing in the shops, but at least we wouldn't have to put up with idiots

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I gave up driving into or through the city centre a few years ago

Got my bus pass now

» Add a new message to this topic