FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Timewasters

Timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me that is having new luck with chatting/meeting genuine people? I just seem to attract fakes or timewasters. So bored of it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it just me that is having new luck with chatting/meeting genuine people? I just seem to attract fakes or timewasters. So bored of it "

Not just you mate I have been on a while and only had one meet

one more than I've had. lol!

The ratio of men to females and couples is huge. Therefore, look at the guys who are successful, look at your search criteria, loads of threads on this subject

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Loads of time wasters on here. Just the nature of the place unfortunately.

Just takes a bit of time can't be everyones cup of tea. and I think there's also that many guys on here that it's probably impossible for every girl a guy messages to get back to all the mails they receive and most likely just delete them

"The ratio of men to females and couples is huge. Therefore, look at the guys who are successful, look at your search criteria, loads of threads on this subject "

Yeah, I've seen. Its a shame, I feel like a lot of guys have ruined it for us honest ones out there, had a few occasions of messaging and/or replying to someones status update and just being met with a really dismissive or angry reply - was only interested in chatting. Getting pretty tired of it all

"Just takes a bit of time can't be everyones cup of tea. and I think there's also that many guys on here that it's probably impossible for every girl a guy messages to get back to all the mails they receive and most likely just delete them "

Yeah totally, you see ladies updating saying how many messages and winks they receive. mental!

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

stick in there mate.....the majority of folk on here are weirdo's and timewasters but there are many genuine and fabulous folk on here to make it all worth while

"stick in there mate.....the majority of folk on here are weirdo's and timewasters but there are many genuine and fabulous folk on here to make it all worth while "

Thanks very much!

"The ratio of men to females and couples is huge. Therefore, look at the guys who are successful, look at your search criteria, loads of threads on this subject

Yeah, I've seen. Its a shame, I feel like a lot of guys have ruined it for us honest ones out there, had a few occasions of messaging and/or replying to someones status update and just being met with a really dismissive or angry reply - was only interested in chatting. Getting pretty tired of it all "

Instead of thinking that some other people's poor behaviour has ruined for 'honest ones' which comes across as negative and whiny look at it the other way..... Poor behaviour makes the good guys stand out IMHO

"The ratio of men to females and couples is huge. Therefore, look at the guys who are successful, look at your search criteria, loads of threads on this subject

Yeah, I've seen. Its a shame, I feel like a lot of guys have ruined it for us honest ones out there, had a few occasions of messaging and/or replying to someones status update and just being met with a really dismissive or angry reply - was only interested in chatting. Getting pretty tired of it all

Instead of thinking that some other people's poor behaviour has ruined for 'honest ones' which comes across as negative and whiny look at it the other way..... Poor behaviour makes the good guys stand out IMHO"

Thats a great way to look at it and I admire your positive attitude however I don't think many share it

You would be surprised how many share that attitude. The decent guys should be able to stand out easily

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Been on here over 4 years now...

Never had a timewaster. Had a fair few meets when it works. I'm limited on free time, and prefer to spend a good while chatting before meeting - anyone pushy becomes a no.

I don't think the "other people have ruined it for me" thinking is right either. Noone ruins it for anyone else. Take responsibility for your own behaviour and actions.

Also just because someone isn't interested does not mean they are a timewaster.

I've been accused of being a timewaster because I would not swap numbers, meet instantly or sex talk.

"Been on here over 4 years now...

Never had a timewaster. Had a fair few meets when it works. I'm limited on free time, and prefer to spend a good while chatting before meeting - anyone pushy becomes a no.

I don't think the "other people have ruined it for me" thinking is right either. Noone ruins it for anyone else. Take responsibility for your own behaviour and actions.

Also just because someone isn't interested does not mean they are a timewaster.

I've been accused of being a timewaster because I would not swap numbers, meet instantly or sex talk. "

Maybe the people that I've attempted to chat with have just been very rude then. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to blame anything on other people, just feel like maybe people are very suspicious of talking to single males. I started to think maybe its because I didn't have any public photos of my face but not really wanting to go down that route. Got plenty in private thanks for all replying to me

You are not after a profile critique, but yours raised a few flags that would be an instant no for me... so maybe give it a look and see if its really the best it can be.

There are some really successful fellas on here - have a peep and see their approach.

"You are not after a profile critique, but yours raised a few flags that would be an instant no for me... so maybe give it a look and see if its really the best it can be.

There are some really successful fellas on here - have a peep and see their approach."

What were the flags for you? I feel I've been pretty honest on mine

Best thing I found when I first started was to go to social meets to chat and see folk face to face. Gives people better impression of you than a simple profile I find, then of course more likely to chat online after that.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Im a timewaster but its my time to waste

"Best thing I found when I first started was to go to social meets to chat and see folk face to face. Gives people better impression of you than a simple profile I find, then of course more likely to chat online after that."

Yeah, I was thinking that. just not got round to/worked up the courage

"Im a timewaster but its my time to waste"

haha good to know

"What were the flags for you? I feel I've been pretty honest on mine"

One of them is the fact you claim to be discreet, yet are bragging about your little 18 year old.

"What were the flags for you? I feel I've been pretty honest on mine

One of them is the fact you claim to be discreet, yet are bragging about your little 18 year old."

I never though as that being bragging, more just something to explain what I'm into. Although saying that. It's not really working out with her. Too young I think for that sort of thing, still haven't met, only been online so I may as well remove that from my profile. Thanks for the input

Been stood up a few time. Or arrange to

Meet then don't come back on the site. Unfortunetly there is people who just see it as a forum of Entertaiment.

I've had two meets arranged this week and both never showed up, yet both where verified users so it really counts for nothing on fab nowadays.

Good luck

"Been stood up a few time. Or arrange to

Meet then don't come back on the site. Unfortunetly there is people who just see it as a forum of Entertaiment."

Yeah I've had the same a couple of times. Especially arranging meets then suddenly there's a hidden profile and radio silence. Annoying!

"I've had two meets arranged this week and both never showed up, yet both where verified users so it really counts for nothing on fab nowadays.

Good luck"

Sorry to hear that! And thanks

Socials are a great way to meet, I've only been to 2 events and found some good friends (without benefits lol) It's only nerve wracking for first 5 mins. Good luck!!

"Socials are a great way to meet, I've only been to 2 events and found some good friends (without benefits lol) It's only nerve wracking for first 5 mins. Good luck!!"

I know! I just need to get over the nerves and head along. been thinking about the shoebox. anyone been?

» Add a new message to this topic