FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > oh dear

oh dear

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ola cubes OP   Man  over a year ago

coatbridge

Fab may be about to lose a fair chunk of members thanks to "the impact team". online data from affair sites has been put on the net private corrospondences bank nos addresses. And lots of other personal data. Whats folks thoughts on this...... you reap what you sow or disgust at the group doing this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm a little confused. Are you saying another website similar to this one has been hacked?

Ashley Madison was hacked a week or two ago. Just depends on how you gave information to fab.. Did you use your 'real' email address? The card payments, etc. are processed by third parties, so much less of a risk there too.

The only risk I forsee here is them pulling the pics out of private galleries.

By *ifes journeyCouple  over a year ago

scotland

I (Mrs) currently feel as think as shit lol who the fecks Ashley Madison?

People sign up to websites trusting that their information is secure. Regardless of the fact some may disapprove of what people were doing, has anyone actually thought that perhaps in some cases ignorance was bliss?

People will always cheat. There are also so many reasons why people do.

It's not always black and white.

Also it's no one's business. Everyone bands the term 'discretion' around. Yet often there's a big lack of it

By *gowbhoy4funMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Hope all my pix end up in the daily papers ....not got a clue who this impact team are r what thy can r cant do ...n im sure the ""sydney uni"" already have all our details ....the australians must love us eh

coatbridge

The impact team is what a person or group of folk are calling themselves. They have dropped a huge file 9.7gig I think it was on the blackweb for all to see. Some of this info ashley maddison charged folk $19 for full deletion so how does a hacking group have it.they also claim to have so much more info as for points raised about internet security any info you type and press enter can be retrieved by folk in the know this group claim to be able to open bcrypt hash. The group isnt trying to blackmail anyone but the affair enabling sites.but the info they have dumped allows anyone to blackmail folk whos indo they have published

"I (Mrs) currently feel as think as shit lol who the fecks Ashley Madison?"

Oh me too I'm still clueless

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Interesting but again most folk use a email address only for this site

John

coatbridge

"Interesting but again most folk use a email address only for this site

John "

even setting up an email has a certain amount of info attached to it which can be used to get more

By *gowbhoy4funMan  over a year ago

glasgow

So we should all delete ourselfs from here then ???

By *overocketoneMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Thanks for the warning

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Quaking in my boots here!

Most data is private however if you are in a site like this without your spouse or significant other knowing you are always running the risk of getting caught and hurting someone

Glasgow

"Interesting but again most folk use a email address only for this site

John even setting up an email has a certain amount of info attached to it which can be used to get more"

Just as well I'm married to super geek so they wouldn't get our info, even if they did wouldn't matter as we've nothing to hide and not fussed if people know we're on here K

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nobody with any sense and who had anything they wished to conceal would sign up using anything identifiable to them - just like here ??

coatbridge

Pmsl paddy powers accepting bets on who will be caught other sites are offering to check email addys to see if any info is in the info dump

coatbridge

"Nobody with any sense and who had anything they wished to conceal would sign up using anything identifiable to them - just like here ??"
thats the thing there are folk who could use the little bits of info to gain access to who you are and to someone who is cheating it may be worthwhile for these folk to dig with the ultimate goal of extortion (send me $100 dollers and I will make sure your info is removed) just been reading up how simple (for those who understand) it is to track folk with nothing more than even a username

Glasgow

"Nobody with any sense and who had anything they wished to conceal would sign up using anything identifiable to them - just like here ??thats the thing there are folk who could use the little bits of info to gain access to who you are and to someone who is cheating it may be worthwhile for these folk to dig with the ultimate goal of extortion (send me $100 dollers and I will make sure your info is removed) just been reading up how simple (for those who understand) it is to track folk with nothing more than even a username"

Yeah it's amazing what you can find out with very little info, it's truly shocking sometimes how you can info hop from one thing to another to the point where you can end up with someone's address in only a matter of minutes

John

By *dmirationMan  over a year ago

Bathgate

lol Brilliant good luck to them we say!

scotland

Best plan is to use a unique email address for each site. Then use a unique username (ie, dont use either the email address OR username on other sites, vanilla or adult). Very Very little chance of anything then coming back to you in real life.

Likewise with mobiles - have a seperate number/phone and dont use facebook or google+ etc on that phone as they may associate with that phone number.

I (mr) exchanged my number with a lady from here - nothing else, no facebook yet a few weeks later she tells me that I had come up as a Facebook suggestion - Likewise she came up as a suggestion on my facebook.

Try and understand how google and facebook etc work and link data and people will be fine.

Stay Safe folks

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

If some people have nothing better to do than steal people's data and put it on the Internet, they really need to get a life.

scotland

"If some people have nothing better to do than steal people's data and put it on the Internet, they really need to get a life."

The hackers did it for a reason I think - to prove a point. Many of the said users had PAID them to REMOVE their data when they left the site - but is quite clear from the hack that those individuals data wasnt deleted after all.

st andrews

"If some people have nothing better to do than steal people's data and put it on the Internet, they really need to get a life.

The hackers did it for a reason I think - to prove a point. Many of the said users had PAID them to REMOVE their data when they left the site - but is quite clear from the hack that those individuals data wasnt deleted after all. "

So everyone's an asshole then

By *dmirationMan  over a year ago

Bathgate

Regardless what email you want to use there is a thing called an IP address which is unique to everyones broadband/internet. This IP address can lead them straight to your door.

Dont be fooled people do things for a reason and there are certain groups out there who put a lot of finance into doing this.

They dont only target sites they also target personal computers.

coatbridge

"If some people have nothing better to do than steal people's data and put it on the Internet, they really need to get a life.

The hackers did it for a reason I think - to prove a point. Many of the said users had PAID them to REMOVE their data when they left the site - but is quite clear from the hack that those individuals data wasnt deleted after all. And the impact squad has also said even if they did a wipe they could still record that wipe from the billing for it to be wiped lol for me its a case of play with fire expect to get burnt this could be the start of many such info hacks and dumps on the web

So everyone's an asshole then "

I asked at the outset folks views on what this (will call a group as no one knows) group has done. I believe the group stole the account info in the first instance to prove they could and to put pressure on companys not to allow behaviour that will effect innocent folk if found out......then ashley maddison told their customers that for a fee they could have a complete data wipe of their info. Some of which has been found in the blackweb dump.there is no question what they are doing is illegal but is it morally wrong ?

st andrews

The hackers did it for a reason I think - to prove a point. Many of the said users had PAID them to REMOVE their data when they left the site - but is quite clear from the hack that those individuals data wasnt deleted after all. And the impact squad has also said even if they did a wipe they could still record that wipe from the billing for it to be wiped lol for me its a case of play with fire expect to get burnt this could be the start of many such info hacks and dumps on the web

So everyone's an asshole then I asked at the outset folks views on what this (will call a group as no one knows) group has done. I believe the group stole the account info in the first instance to prove they could and to put pressure on companys not to allow behaviour that will effect innocent folk if found out......then ashley maddison told their customers that for a fee they could have a complete data wipe of their info. Some of which has been found in the blackweb dump.there is no question what they are doing is illegal but is it morally wrong ? "

Of course it is. What people do, regardless of your view on it, is no one else's business. Stealing their info because you don't agree with what they choose to do in their private life doesn't make you the good guy

coatbridge

Sorry but our whole legal system is set up on people in the pasts moral views our whole way of being is conditioned thats what makes us higher evolved spicies (will let you have the only some people comment).so all through our history folk have made decisions on whats right and whats wrong being illegal dosnt mean its morally wrong to a fine upstanding roman catholic for example. It would be one of the major sins would it not ?

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman  over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

"Nobody with any sense and who had anything they wished to conceal would sign up using anything identifiable to them - just like here ??thats the thing there are folk who could use the little bits of info to gain access to who you are and to someone who is cheating it may be worthwhile for these folk to dig with the ultimate goal of extortion (send me $100 dollers and I will make sure your info is removed) just been reading up how simple (for those who understand) it is to track folk with nothing more than even a username

Yeah it's amazing what you can find out with very little info, it's truly shocking sometimes how you can info hop from one thing to another to the point where you can end up with someone's address in only a matter of minutes

John "

note to self block this f**ker

I don't care if they have info on me. What I do here my partner knows about let the small minds keep whispering. It's what there good at. I wonder if we got info on them if they would be the ones shitting them selfs lol. As for me. Am happy and an open book. I just hope my partner dose not put me down am such a good book in bed lol

st andrews

"Sorry but our whole legal system is set up on people in the pasts moral views our whole way of being is conditioned thats what makes us higher evolved spicies (will let you have the only some people comment).so all through our history folk have made decisions on whats right and whats wrong being illegal dosnt mean its morally wrong to a fine upstanding roman catholic for example. It would be one of the major sins would it not ?"

I couldn't give a toss about religion, it's all bollocks.

To put morality in another light, companies like Vodafone don't pay their taxes properly, and are contributing to our financial problems. Officially they're not doing anything illegal, but is that moral? I don't think so.

coatbridge

"I don't care if they have info on me. What I do here my partner knows about let the small minds keep whispering. It's what there good at. I wonder if we got info on them if they would be the ones shitting them selfs lol. As for me. Am happy and an open book. I just hope my partner dose not put me down am such a good book in bed lol "
and thats how a user such as yourself couldnt be extorted though most of the users of the sites targeted so far have to hide their affairs

coatbridge

"Sorry but our whole legal system is set up on people in the pasts moral views our whole way of being is conditioned thats what makes us higher evolved spicies (will let you have the only some people comment).so all through our history folk have made decisions on whats right and whats wrong being illegal dosnt mean its morally wrong to a fine upstanding roman catholic for example. It would be one of the major sins would it not ?

To put morality in another light, companies like Vodafone don't pay their taxes properly, and are contributing to our financial problems. Officially they're not doing anything illegal, but is that moral? I don't think so."

lol I would say taxes are immoral.but your point is it depends on your morals. This analogy also highlights big buisness shows no concern for common decency though

st andrews

"lol I would say taxes are immoral.but your point is it depends on your morals. This analogy also highlights big buisness shows no concern for common decency though "

Well that's a given

[Removed by poster at 20/08/15 09:04:42]

"Sorry but our whole legal system is set up on people in the pasts moral views our whole way of being is conditioned thats what makes us higher evolved spicies (will let you have the only some people comment).so all through our history folk have made decisions on whats right and whats wrong being illegal dosnt mean its morally wrong to a fine upstanding roman catholic for example. It would be one of the major sins would it not ?

To put morality in another light, companies like Vodafone don't pay their taxes properly, and are contributing to our financial problems. Officially they're not doing anything illegal, but is that moral? I don't think so.lol I would say taxes are immoral.but your point is it depends on your morals. This analogy also highlights big buisness shows no concern for common decency though "

Who has bee targeted so far like. No one I know. you talk some rubbish. . You like to stir up some rubbish. If morals make you think anyone on here is doing bad or illegal things by having adult conversation and meets then why are you on here.

coatbridge

Check the story out yourself its all there as for you nonsense talk wont even get into that

» Add a new message to this topic