FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Glasgow touristy things

Glasgow touristy things

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm coming up next week for 6 days, so suggestions of touristy things to do would be very welcome.

Thinking of giving the museums a miss this time as it's summer holidays, but thought maybe the Necropolis or parks would be nice. Also planning on visiting a beach at some point and possibly Edinburgh for a day.

What else would you suggest we do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cotscplCouple  over a year ago

Inverclyde

Hah i wld buy a brolly and good raincoat.

Mr S

"Hah i wld buy a brolly and good raincoat.

Mr S"

Yeh, partner told me the weather's been a bit shit this summer. Shame cos it's lovely down here.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I would defo reccomend a day/evening/night in edinburgh when your up as the fringe festival starts this weekend so there are hundreds of different shows on for all tastes alot of them are free too

By *eenonfun2Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

We just did the tour of Glasgow Central Station yesterday and found that a good way to pass a couple of hours.

By *ikeC2012Man  over a year ago

Peterborough

"We just did the tour of Glasgow Central Station yesterday and found that a good way to pass a couple of hours."

I'll recommend that too

"We just did the tour of Glasgow Central Station yesterday and found that a good way to pass a couple of hours."

Didn't realise there was a tour. Will suggest it now so thank you.

"I would defo reccomend a day/evening/night in edinburgh when your up as the fringe festival starts this weekend so there are hundreds of different shows on for all tastes alot of them are free too "

Yeh that's my thinking too, plus may take the bloke to Kyloe for a steak as he's never been.

"I would defo reccomend a day/evening/night in edinburgh when your up as the fringe festival starts this weekend so there are hundreds of different shows on for all tastes alot of them are free too

Yeh that's my thinking too, plus may take the bloke to Kyloe for a steak as he's never been. "

Thats a great idea!! Im actually going there tomorrow!!!

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

House for an Art Lover definitely worth a visit!

Stunning Rennie MacIntosh house set in beautiful parkland (bellahouston).

By *ockyjockyMan  over a year ago

G63 countryside

Take the open top bus tour and it will show you some of things that are around the city. Also a wee trip to Loch Lomond. There is even retail therapy at Loch Lomond shores if weather is wet. Enjoy!

By *rbusyhandsMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"possibly Edinburgh for a day.

"

Edinburgh for two days at least....tons more to do in Edinburgh in terms of touristy things.

"Take the open top bus tour and it will show you some of things that are around the city. Also a wee trip to Loch Lomond. There is even retail therapy at Loch Lomond shores if weather is wet. Enjoy!"

Did the open top tour in Edinburgh a few years back when I had time to kill after a meeting. The conductor said "use the sponge to dry the seats" as we walked up, wasn't joking, there was one sponge to dry all the upstairs seats. Still got a wet bum.

"Take the open top bus tour and it will show you some of things that are around the city. Also a wee trip to Loch Lomond. There is even retail therapy at Loch Lomond shores if weather is wet. Enjoy!

Did the open top tour in Edinburgh a few years back when I had time to kill after a meeting. The conductor said "use the sponge to dry the seats" as we walked up, wasn't joking, there was one sponge to dry all the upstairs seats. Still got a wet bum. "

A few years ago and you've still got a wet bum??

"Take the open top bus tour and it will show you some of things that are around the city. Also a wee trip to Loch Lomond. There is even retail therapy at Loch Lomond shores if weather is wet. Enjoy!

Did the open top tour in Edinburgh a few years back when I had time to kill after a meeting. The conductor said "use the sponge to dry the seats" as we walked up, wasn't joking, there was one sponge to dry all the upstairs seats. Still got a wet bum.

A few years ago and you've still got a wet bum?? "

Well, it was soaking.

The footballs back on if your into that and there's museum at hampden and tours of both old firm clubs if anyone has a prefrence

Get out the city and go see the real scotland... Pop down to Loch Lomond or drive up through Glencoe. See Scotland at its beautiful best... Yes you might see nothing with the weather being lousy lol...oh to be wintery next week too have a good time whatever you do tho.

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

If you want a beach, head down the Ayrshire coast, spoilt for choice.

Barassie, Troon, Prestwick, Ayr. And south of Ayr, stick to the coast road rather than the main A77, and you'll come across Dunure and Croy.

"I'm coming up next week for 6 days, so suggestions of touristy things to do would be very welcome.

Thinking of giving the museums a miss this time as it's summer holidays, but thought maybe the Necropolis or parks would be nice. Also planning on visiting a beach at some point and possibly Edinburgh for a day.

You will need more than a day in Edinburgh to appreciate the amazing city and as busy as the Castle can get, make sure you fit it in

What else would you suggest we do?"

"If you want a beach, head down the Ayrshire coast, spoilt for choice.

Barassie, Troon, Prestwick, Ayr. And south of Ayr, stick to the coast road rather than the main A77, and you'll come across Dunure and Croy."

Got to stop at electric brae if your there

By *ane DTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hit the west end museums.

Huntairian Gallery and Museum @ Glasgow University,

Them down thought Kelvingrove Park via the main University frontage to the Kelvingrove Museum.

If you have time, walk past the Kelvin hall building site and down to the Transport museum.

Barassie, Troon, Prestwick, Ayr. And south of Ayr, stick to the coast road rather than the main A77, and you'll come across Dunure and Croy."

My partner has one in mind, near some petting zoo as he said it's less visited. I'm looking forward to the petting zoo.

Barassie, Troon, Prestwick, Ayr. And south of Ayr, stick to the coast road rather than the main A77, and you'll come across Dunure and Croy.

Got to stop at electric brae if your there "

What's that?

"I'm coming up next week for 6 days, so suggestions of touristy things to do would be very welcome.

You will need more than a day in Edinburgh to appreciate the amazing city and as busy as the Castle can get, make sure you fit it in

What else would you suggest we do?"

Thanks, I've spent quite a bit of time in Edinburgh with work so only really going for festival stuff (plus I assume it'll be mad with tourists). Enjoyed the castle a lot

What's that?"

It's an optical illusion

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

What's that?

It's an optical illusion"

it's brilliant!

Stop your car on it and it appears to roll UP hill!

Very weird sensation!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"..........

Thanks, I've spent quite a bit of time in Edinburgh with work so only really going for festival stuff (plus I assume it'll be mad with tourists). Enjoyed the castle a lot "

I believe, if you tell the Castle ticket office you've come to visit The Scottish National War Memorial, they can't charge admission.

"..........

I believe, if you tell the Castle ticket office you've come to visit The Scottish National War Memorial, they can't charge admission."

Jeez; anything for nothing, just pay the cost and enjoy, it goes to good causes

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Got to stop at electric brae if your there "

Drove it last Saturday.

Drove it last Saturday."

That's a coincidence. I did too. Didn't know whether I was coming or going!!!

Ive worked on that building lol

» Add a new message to this topic