FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Beach Body

Beach Body

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm going abroad in about 7 weeks and would like to tone up my stomach a bit . I run about 2 miles a day and walk and cycle ! Any ideas of stuff I can do at home ? Thanks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is no such thing as toning despite what people will say, a key to a flat stomach and a six pack is very little body fat which is all down to diet (unfortunately I haven't mastered this myself as every time I get close it just doesn't happen) eating right and sit ups, core work etc would bring results as fast as possible

"There is no such thing as toning despite what people will say, a key to a flat stomach and a six pack is very little body fat which is all down to diet (unfortunately I haven't mastered this myself as every time I get close it just doesn't happen) eating right and sit ups, core work etc would bring results as fast as possible"
thankd my diet is pretty good I think apart from the odd chocolate lapse ! How many sit ups a day do you think ?

"There is no such thing as toning despite what people will say, a key to a flat stomach and a six pack is very little body fat which is all down to diet (unfortunately I haven't mastered this myself as every time I get close it just doesn't happen) eating right and sit ups, core work etc would bring results as fast as possiblethankd my diet is pretty good I think apart from the odd chocolate lapse ! How many sit ups a day do you think ?"

Couldn't begin to go into detail mate as I don't really know, all I do know though is low body fat is the only thing to show a 6 pack/flat stomach... As much cardio as possible with a balanced diet is how I lost 4 stone, wasn't quite strict enough and disciplined enough to get the low percentage required to look athletic! Will get there though! There is plenty of info on balanced diets online now which can help reduce body fat! Good luck!

Cheers mate

P.s overdoing sit ups and crunches whilst not losing fat will result in a slight growth in the mid section! If you are going to do anything I would recommend the 5x5 weights routine, all you need is 50kg of weights, barbell and Dumbbells to get you started

"P.s overdoing sit ups and crunches whilst not losing fat will result in a slight growth in the mid section! If you are going to do anything I would recommend the 5x5 weights routine, all you need is 50kg of weights, barbell and Dumbbells to get you started "
fuck that would go through my flats floor lol

"P.s overdoing sit ups and crunches whilst not losing fat will result in a slight growth in the mid section! If you are going to do anything I would recommend the 5x5 weights routine, all you need is 50kg of weights, barbell and Dumbbells to get you started fuck that would go through my flats floor lol"

Haha seriously check out the 5x5! I bet if you start that now and keep to the same diet you'll be back in 7 weeks calling me a legend! It's simple and effective!

I was told a low-carb diet helps reduce belly fat?

"I was told a low-carb diet helps reduce belly fat? "
just looked at your pics I'm sure you don't have any ! X

You could try working out but keep your heart rate at the maximum, above the 140 mark I know that works

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Yes low body fat is needed but you also need to work those muscle groups high protein low fat diet when I ran take your weight in ilbs add a zero theres you calorie intake per day split into five six small meals swimming and endurance excercise will help to burn laying flat raising knees and twisting from waist will also work stomach as a bonus helps strenghten the back

By *ucycuteTV/TS  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

" a key to a flat stomach and a six pack is very little body fat which is all down to diet "

^^ this.

However the main issue you have is in your first line "7 weeks". A beach body commences in the winter with a lot of dedicated training and the right diet to fully compliment it. Very little is achieved in 7 weeks, yes you can build up your stamina and speed slightly and also increase your weights being lifted but physical shape to see any real difference takes longer.

Review your calorie intake, make sure its the right food, a few portions each day instead of large meals and a few training tips to help increase the body fat and if you need any specific links PM and I can point you in right direction.

"Yes low body fat is needed but you also need to work those muscle groups high protein low fat diet when I ran take your weight in ilbs add a zero theres you calorie intake per day split into five six small meals swimming and endurance excercise will help to burn laying flat raising knees and twisting from waist will also work stomach as a bonus helps strenghten the back brilliant thanks "

By *atex and KinkCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

7 weeks of insanity work out, that'll do it

"7 weeks of insanity work out, that'll do it"
will google it

By *976scottMan  over a year ago

North Lanarkshire

Similar to insanity the same guy does a program T25!

25 min per day for four days and a double on the 5th day!

Sounds easy but it fair gets a sweat up!

Doing x amount of sit ups a day doesn't = beach bod. Toning is just an absence of fat around a muscle. You can lift a million weights a day but if you are still have fat surrounding them they aren't going to look toned.

In reality 7 weeks isn't going to create a massive difference to your physique. Try upping your cardio work, if you are running 2 miles then move up to 3 or 4. Take longer routes walking home or try going swimming as well, that really blasts the entire body so it is great all round.

You also need to add strength training to then build muscle as wel since the combination of developed muscles with low body fat is how you get that appearance. Which is why diet also comes into play as well. You really have to put your diet under a microscope as well and shave calories off everywhere. The time you have won't make much of a noticeable difference but if it makes you feel good by all means try stuff out.

If I were you I would just go and enjoy my holiday! That is the more important part.

"Doing x amount of sit ups a day doesn't = beach bod. Toning is just an absence of fat around a muscle. You can lift a million weights a day but if you are still have fat surrounding them they aren't going to look toned.

In reality 7 weeks isn't going to create a massive difference to your physique. Try upping your cardio work, if you are running 2 miles then move up to 3 or 4. Take longer routes walking home or try going swimming as well, that really blasts the entire body so it is great all round.

You also need to add strength training to then build muscle as wel since the combination of developed muscles with low body fat is how you get that appearance. Which is why diet also comes into play as well. You really have to put your diet under a microscope as well and shave calories off everywhere. The time you have won't make much of a noticeable difference but if it makes you feel good by all means try stuff out.

If I were you I would just go and enjoy my holiday! That is the more important part."

thanks for the advice ! Yeah I will enjoy it its just I think I'm reaching middle age so need to do something about it ! Up to my thirty seconds I was a semi pro footballer so the basics are there I just need to work harder at it

7 weeks you can achieve your goal but you need to be at it daily and avoid injury

"7 weeks you can achieve your goal but you need to be at it daily and avoid injury "
what do you recommend then ?

"7 weeks you can achieve your goal but you need to be at it daily and avoid injury what do you recommend then ?"

An hour of cardio (daily) heart rate above 140 Bpm I find the cross trainer on interval or fat burning mode helps you'll need to work out your diet ( I know with bread pasta and that I put the pounds in) eat every 4 hours try to eat your super foods which are berries blue/black/straw berries

Get into powerlifting. The only advice ever needed

» Add a new message to this topic