FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > life reflection

life reflection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you ever do this?

Today I was at young boys funeral,very heartbreaking which has now got me deep in thought.

Do you ever wish you had done something different with your life? Have regrets?

Me personally I would not change what I've done in the past I wouldn't have my 3 beautiful angel's

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I try not to dwell on the past. I try to draw a line and move on. However there's one moment that I would love to change and when I tried I was too late. I'm happy where I am now but it's been a hard few years. It's heartbreaking when people are taken too young.

I have and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of a young one

I think everyone has regrets I sit and ponder my life in some aspects I wish I had been different and less difficult and behaved more. But the best thing ever happend to me was my children the one thing I can safely say was my best life decision and choice everything else well that doesn't matter as long as my children love me and I them nothing else matters xx

"I have and I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of a young one

I think everyone has regrets I sit and ponder my life in some aspects I wish I had been different and less difficult and behaved more. But the best thing ever happend to me was my children the one thing I can safely say was my best life decision and choice everything else well that doesn't matter as long as my children love me and I them nothing else matters xx"

Definitely our kids out way the bad x

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Every day

"I try not to dwell on the past. I try to draw a line and move on. However there's one moment that I would love to change and when I tried I was too late. I'm happy where I am now but it's been a hard few years. It's heartbreaking when people are taken too young.

"

Definitely so sad

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Being given a second chance at life makes you think about a lot of things you have done in your past .

Yes there are things id change if I had the chance over again, but 99% of my life Im happy with and wouldt change a thing .

life is too precious to live with regrets so live for today and not for what could have been .

Definitely time to always look to the future & we never know what's ahead

Dont think anyone can truly say they have no regrets .

We all have them but i think its those moments that make us who we are today .

As my old granny used to say , what is for you , wont go past you .

"Dont think anyone can truly say they have no regrets .

We all have them but i think its those moments that make us who we are today .

As my old granny used to say , what is for you , wont go past you ."

Very true

By *all saulMan  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

yeah lot of things I look back on and wish I had done differently mainly wish I was able to express my emotions better

By *exyspecs and supermanCouple  over a year ago

A house, a very big house in the country

Yes constantly. Wish I had spent more time with my dad, wish id never let hubby buy that new motorbike and let him go out on it the the same day.

By *anandmeowCouple  over a year ago

Kilmarnock

To me life is about decisions. Good or bad we learn from them and they make us who we are. Its only natural to regret some of those decisions. We can only hope that we regret less than we celebrate.

We all have regrets however life is so short I'd rather have the regret than the what if.

I had a health scare last year and it made me look at my life very closely. I don't have a posh house or a fancy car. I no longer have the high flying career I thought I wanted. I don't have a man looking out for me. However I have 3 amazing sons. my 3 musketeers who make life great every day. And while I'm far from perfect and I know I make mistakes, I also know I'm raising 3 boys single handedly who will grow up to be fine men.

By *ocknrollerMan  over a year ago

the sticks

"Do you ever do this?

Today I was at young boys funeral,very heartbreaking which has now got me deep in thought.

Do you ever wish you had done something different with your life? Have regrets?

Me personally I would not change what I've done in the past I wouldn't have my 3 beautiful angel's "

Yeah I do this all the time, and my mind is made up

and lots I would have done differently too but thats life, so I try not to regret it too much. I try to focus on whats happening right now instead.

Got stopped in my tracks and given a reality check by something 2 years ago

Did my reflecting, taken some decisions and now looking forwards only

Let's see what's over the horizon we know what's behind us

I try not to regret anything as it's made me the person I am now and I wouldn't be where I am now if didn't look back . My life motto since working in care for so many years is live every day like it's your last and the biggest one tell your family you love them regularly. It's heart breaking to see so many people say their last good byes when their loved one is on palliative care and it's "too late" so many people regret that and say "I wish I told her/him I loved her before they went". My family all think I'm a sap but I want them to know whilst they are well and orientated how much I love them. . On a happier note you can't have rainbows with no rain present.

Maybe I should have worded mine a bit better I do have regrets,

Wish I had done things differently,but I had a great family & friends that helped me through bad times.

The best thing that came out my marriage was my kids.

Now a single parent look after my kids to the best of my ability . have many tears & tantrums along the way,but future is always just in front so always look to it,sometimes reflection is good see how far we have come x

I'm sorry to hear the sad news about a little one.

Yes I regret some things in my life but I wouldn't be who I am today and I wouldn't have the family I do if I didn't live the life I have.

By *oe bloggs69Man  over a year ago

fife

Eh..........nope.my life has been mega eventful n if I chose a dif path it might have been boring

Circumstances have dictated that I constantly reflect on my life. It's most definitely been an experience x

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Theres 1 or 2 minor things id change but nothing that would change where i am in life n world ..im very happy with my lot

It would be lovely to have a time machine and change the past. Sadly, we can't. hope you're ok x

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 02/04/15 16:17:27]

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I wouldn't trade my kids but wish I had taken a slightly different route to get where I am now.

We play our cards as we are dealt them and although there will always be things we would perhaps like to change...well, we just can't and that's probably for the good. We learn and grow far more from the bad things that happen to us than the good. I'm the person I am today because of my trials and tribulations and I appreciate my life much more as a consequence. Life's never easy but good things can be round the corner. Hope for the future is better than regrets for the past...

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I look back at the past and smile, it was a blast.

I walk to the future with an even bigger smile as I plan to enjoy every minute. Albeit, differently.

All the time in fact everyday....but you can't change the past and move on until you make peace with your demons.....then live for tomorrow

By *he Mad ChatterMan  over a year ago

Wonderland

Well said, Bruce!

Cheers

Though to be fair I'm a respected self taught philosopher as well as a martial arts legend pmsl

I honestly wouldn't change any of it . There's things I suppose I look back on and don't quite think I was thinking clearly but good or bad it's made me who and what I am today . I've becoming a stronger straighter talking person and less tolerant of shit from people . Some of the lessons I needed to learn for myself even when things were staring me in face and others tried to advise . I needed to get to that point where I realised I had to change things . I used to think I had to change me and my ways but im happy and proud of who I am and every laugh test and tear I've experienced is responsible for being my true self today . I value who and what I have in my life and never think poor me . There's many people worse off and there's nothing like peace of mind and feeling content with yourself .

"I look back at the past and smile, it was a blast.

I walk to the future with an even bigger smile as I plan to enjoy every minute. Albeit, differently.

"

Only 1 big regret from when I was 17 but the way I see life is whats for you wont go past you & everything happens for a reason. Its made me the person I am today & I dont think im such a bad person plus its led to the wonder special people I have in my life.

I had a serious car accident about 5 years ago nobody hurt very grateful For that my car went through a fence at 50mph after skidding on black ice and my car ended up like a crushed can of anyways I walked away from the car unhurt but having a sore back but that's gone now and from that day forward ive lived my life to please me.

I'm just grateful that I was unhurt and my guardian angel was looking out for me that day

» Add a new message to this topic