FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > time wasters

time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it really that hard to find genuine people who want to meet ?? So many time wasters and fake profiles. Or you put looking to meet local give details. N you get get men from Aberdeen , Dundee want to meet. Drive you mad.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it really that hard to find genuine people who want to meet ?? So many time wasters and fake profiles. Or you put looking to meet local give details. N you get get men from Aberdeen , Dundee want to meet. Drive you mad."

It can be im afraid - maybe go along to cjs or a social?

Greg

Noticed a lot more fake profiles recently, best way to check is to do a reverse google search on one of their pictures if you are suspious, if it is on other sites under different name/details likely fake. Even some of the vertified have slipped the net! xx

Damn it crumpet and I was going to message you (edinburgh here lol)

I agree and what's this about verifying someone on cam. Don't agree with that. Get rid of it like we did with 'phone verifications

Fb89

The school holidays ALWAys sees a big increase of false profiles xx

Totally part off the course when it comes to a site like this , and totally agree about getting rid off CAM verifications

By *ranitecityMan  over a year ago

ABERDEEN

There is a couple profile using the name Mr Audi and partner but his age is a few ues younger if its same male oooops how's Marian???

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

I can't really think of a way to fix this - the site could have a filter for pms and emails which only allowed those through from accounts registered within a certain distance - but that would also stop you chatting with anyone outside your prefered distance.

Suppose you could also have some sort of annoyance review score - like a negative verification

It's a right pain in the ass with fake profiles and pic collectors !!

The joys of the world of Fab,but life would be boring if it was easy

Its just people being speculative. Theres that saying that you have to speculate to accumulate...

"There is a couple profile using the name Mr Audi and partner but his age is a few ues younger if its same male oooops how's Marian???"

Just had a look mate and your half right , as it says audi

we still think the best way to get rid of a lot of fakes would be if the site had a compulsory charge, that way a lot of the fakes wouldn't be on here at all, and yes some would

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"we still think the best way to get rid of a lot of fakes would be if the site had a compulsory charge, that way a lot of the fakes wouldn't be on here at all, and yes some would"

That would get rid if most folk I'd say. It'd certainly get rid of me and most single blokes I'd imagine as we barely get replies let alone meets. I wouldn't be paying to send messages that usually don't even get read. Doesn't mean I'm a time waster tho.

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

Sabrina time do limited and often ruined by timewasters leaving no time to arrange anything else with time I have im sure majority people have had similar problems

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I got stood up for a social a few weeks ago.

No text or email before to say they couldn't make it or after to apologise.

He's still on here but as I've said before word of mouth goes a long way

As has been said many times before, the only ones wasting your time are yourselves.

If you conduct your sex life solely on this site, choose to converse with or take a chance on someone unverified, with no pictures and little or no profile content, which displays total lack of effort. Then do you seriously expect them to make any effort to turn up for a meeting somewhere, or even be as they describe? So who has wasted their time there? Not the person who spent a few minutes creating their profile, it's paid off for them. They had a wank thinking about the meet they might've had and are off living their lives now. You're sat at home fuming about being so daft as to be suckered in, again.

You've got filters and common sense, you should be able to make light work of 99% of the idiots you get mail from. If someone has made the effort to go to a club or social, chances are they wouldn't chicken out on a future meet.

A compulsory charge would just serve to move people away from the site. ALL people, not just the ones you think you'll be putting off, because even idiots have money.

So use common sense, you'll have a much better time.

By *inkyBrianMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"we still think the best way to get rid of a lot of fakes would be if the site had a compulsory charge, that way a lot of the fakes wouldn't be on here at all, and yes some would

That would get rid if most folk I'd say. It'd certainly get rid of me and most single blokes I'd imagine as we barely get replies let alone meets. I wouldn't be paying to send messages that usually don't even get read. Doesn't mean I'm a time waster tho."

I agree with _ch well here, it's pretty much what i would have wrote myself. It's just as well I've grown a thick skin through being on here...but would i pay a monthly charge for it? Hell no! I'm sure more women and couples would be in favour of that though...but as said, doesn't mean I'm a timewaster just because i don't want to pay to be ignored lol.

By *inasparklesWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Iv had so many fakes recently. One guy i had spoke to on kik but never got around to neeting. Was a black guy. Started talking to me again other day. Sent pics to remind me who he was. And he only changed fecking Colour lol. I said youve changed colour. He was like what you mean. Im same person. He denied sending me black guy pics lol. Luckily i still had them. Ripped the pure arse out him. And guess what? he had the cheek to block me lol!!!!

By *rs Robinson no 1Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

that reminds me to get the testicular bullhooks out and to the ready for the next timewaster!

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Iv had so many fakes recently. One guy i had spoke to on kik but never got around to neeting. Was a black guy. Started talking to me again other day. Sent pics to remind me who he was. And he only changed fecking Colour lol. I said youve changed colour. He was like what you mean. Im same person. He denied sending me black guy pics lol. Luckily i still had them. Ripped the pure arse out him. And guess what? he had the cheek to block me lol!!!! "
pmsl theres a classic right there

By *inasparklesWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Iv had so many fakes recently. One guy i had spoke to on kik but never got around to neeting. Was a black guy. Started talking to me again other day. Sent pics to remind me who he was. And he only changed fecking Colour lol. I said youve changed colour. He was like what you mean. Im same person. He denied sending me black guy pics lol. Luckily i still had them. Ripped the pure arse out him. And guess what? he had the cheek to block me lol!!!! pmsl theres a classic right there"
he picked the wrong one lol was fecking hilarious! All you timewasters out there try make sure the fake photos colour match pmsl

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"Iv had so many fakes recently. One guy i had spoke to on kik but never got around to neeting. Was a black guy. Started talking to me again other day. Sent pics to remind me who he was. And he only changed fecking Colour lol. I said youve changed colour. He was like what you mean. Im same person. He denied sending me black guy pics lol. Luckily i still had them. Ripped the pure arse out him. And guess what? he had the cheek to block me lol!!!! pmsl theres a classic right there he picked the wrong one lol was fecking hilarious! All you timewasters out there try make sure the fake photos colour match pmsl "
after reading that I have coffee mixed into a thick paste ready for hernandos profile pics pmsl (really is a joke before the pc crowd leap on it)

By *tu231Man  over a year ago

lenzie

"Noticed a lot more fake profiles recently, best way to check is to do a reverse google search on one of their pictures if you are suspious, if it is on other sites under different name/details likely fake. Even some of the vertified have slipped the net! xx"

how do you do the google search

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Noticed a lot more fake profiles recently, best way to check is to do a reverse google search on one of their pictures if you are suspious, if it is on other sites under different name/details likely fake. Even some of the vertified have slipped the net! xx

how do you do the google search "

if your on your mobile just hold down on the photo and ul get a dropdown box then click Google search.

Or right click if on pc

"Iv had so many fakes recently. One guy i had spoke to on kik but never got around to neeting. Was a black guy. Started talking to me again other day. Sent pics to remind me who he was. And he only changed fecking Colour lol. I said youve changed colour. He was like what you mean. Im same person. He denied sending me black guy pics lol. Luckily i still had them. Ripped the pure arse out him. And guess what? he had the cheek to block me lol!!!! "

That's absolutely brilliant.

glasgow

There's plenty fake profiles out there for both men and women, and yes it's maybe (sad as it is) a man behind some female and couple profiles...but it's always the single guys that take the bad rep for all it seems. I know that being verified isn't foolproof but maybe instead of blanket slating or ignoring guys then set your message filters to receive from verified only...at least then it's a better chance that they are genuine and actually want to meet you.

glasgow

"Noticed a lot more fake profiles recently, best way to check is to do a reverse google search on one of their pictures if you are suspious, if it is on other sites under different name/details likely fake. Even some of the vertified have slipped the net! xx

how do you do the google search if your on your mobile just hold down on the photo and ul get a dropdown box then click Google search.

Or right click if on pc "

Does this depend on if you're on the mobile version of the site or desktop even though you use a phone, what browser you use in your phone, what type of phone you use etc? Google image search would be useful not just on here but either i don't know how (and those instructions didn't work) or my phone doesn't seem to be able to do it.

The daily mail reporters are filling the ranks again but yes it's hard to find genuine people who want to meet, been on the site for a while now and only ever met one person socially, although its a combination of I'm very selective and also work in another country, so makes it hard ... No pun intended, nowadays I just chat to people and post gibberish in the forums ..... But if you want a meet message me

What phoenix said haha

Quality

By *ouise and jamieCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Noticed a lot more fake profiles recently, best way to check is to do a reverse google search on one of their pictures if you are suspious, if it is on other sites under different name/details likely fake. Even some of the vertified have slipped the net! xx"

I feel stupid asking but how do you do a reverse google search on a pic

"that reminds me to get the testicular bullhooks out and to the ready for the next timewaster! "

lol

By *sk_morrisseyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Al Jolson Lives! Was he into adult baby minding? Mammmmmmy!

We had a meet arranged with a verified couple to meet at theirs gave us the address & a message on the day to make sure all ok. Arrived at the address on time to find an old lady answering the door . We messaged them no answer or any phone contact . Then they say we are no shows WTF

"We had a meet arranged with a verified couple to meet at theirs gave us the address & a message on the day to make sure all ok. Arrived at the address on time to find an old lady answering the door . We messaged them no answer or any phone contact . Then they say we are no shows WTF "

Oh My God!

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Guess they were just jerking you around - and not in the way you wanted!

» Add a new message to this topic