FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Lads Only

Lads Only

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was watching something earlier on the goggle box, great European teams and tonight was about the brilliant Notts Forest team of the late 70's early 80's managed by, in my opinion, the greatest English manager Brian Clough. Promoted from the old English 2nd Division they won the old 1st Division at the 1st go, consecutive league cup victories, and back to back European Cup wins when it was a "Champions" tournament in the truest sense of the word. So for all the football purists, what's the greatest ever European team you've seen and why?

P.S I'd appreciate it if the thread wasn't filled with bitter parochial shite about either Celtic or Rangers. I'm a Tim and proud of it but some if the guff I see posted on other football threads gies me the heavy duty BOAK! For that reason alone the 2 Glasgow teams are barred from nomination!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

PPS Liverpool are also barred because....THEY'RE CUNTS!! (Also a red hot Everton fan)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I watched in aww as Larson , Sutton , didier agatha , Thompson , lambert & Lennon ( couldn't play in same team tbh! But wanted both in there ) + others tore through some of the best abroad and down south

happy days x

"I watched in aww as Larson , Sutton , didier agatha , Thompson , lambert & Lennon ( couldn't play in same team tbh! But wanted both in there ) + others tore through some of the best abroad and down south

happy days x"

Ha ha ha nae Celtic or Rangers chief...that shit starts wars in here

"I watched in aww as Larson , Sutton , didier agatha , Thompson , lambert & Lennon ( couldn't play in same team tbh! But wanted both in there ) + others tore through some of the best abroad and down south

happy days x

Ha ha ha nae Celtic or Rangers chief...that shit starts wars in here "

mr

shit Soz I'm not actually a Celtic fan!! I'm a pure lover of Scotland and our teams that are in Europe and support all

"PPS Liverpool are also barred because....THEY'RE CUNTS!! (Also a red hot Everton fan)"

They are not & shocking that its lads only Ozzie! Disappointed in you today

"PPS Liverpool are also barred because....THEY'RE CUNTS!! (Also a red hot Everton fan)

They are not & shocking that its lads only Ozzie! Disappointed in you today "

Naw,naw,naw LMN tell me it's not so....please tell me you're not, you're not (I can hardly bring myself to say the words) a LIVERPOOL fan?

Barcelona from 2008-2011 were just the best team in the world for attractive attacking football. No-one can deny they showed the whole world the right way football should be played ( even though it came from Dutch fundamentals )

"PPS Liverpool are also barred because....THEY'RE CUNTS!! (Also a red hot Everton fan)"

I'm out then seeing both my teams are barred? lol

Been to many a DerbyFC game growing up as a kid as lots of family down that way in Derby plus they have buses back n forward for the Rangers games so always friendly faces

Geek

" shit Soz I'm not actually a Celtic fan!! I'm a pure lover of Scotland and our teams that are in Europe and support all "

The way it should be chief! Unfortunately guys like yourself are few and far between when it comes to Scottish football!!

"PPS Liverpool are also barred because....THEY'RE CUNTS!! (Also a red hot Everton fan)

They are not & shocking that its lads only Ozzie! Disappointed in you today

Naw,naw,naw LMN tell me it's not so....please tell me you're not, you're not (I can hardly bring myself to say the words) a LIVERPOOL fan? "

YES .

you do need to put the Celtic 1967 team in there because of what they achieved, however probably Real Madrid 1960 Ajax 1971-73 and Barcelona 2009-2012 would be among the best ever, and if you allow international teams, Brazil 1970 hands down

" shit Soz I'm not actually a Celtic fan!! I'm a pure lover of Scotland and our teams that are in Europe and support all

The way it should be chief! Unfortunately guys like yourself are few and far between when it comes to Scottish football!!"

mr

I'm actually a football coach nearly 10 yrs and have a few coaching badges...

Don't coach anymore though my lads all grown up lol

"you do need to put the Celtic 1967 team in there because of what they achieved, however probably Real Madrid 1960 Ajax 1971-73 and Barcelona 2009-2012 would be among the best ever, and if you allow international teams, Brazil 1970 hands down"

What about the Brazil 1982 squad? Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao, Junior,Serginho,Cerezo. That team played the most expansive, beautiful and entertaining football I've ever seen!

By *ifferentClassMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

AC Milan's demolition of Barcelona in '94 final was the work of a great side at their peak.

"you do need to put the Celtic 1967 team in there because of what they achieved, however probably Real Madrid 1960 Ajax 1971-73 and Barcelona 2009-2012 would be among the best ever, and if you allow international teams, Brazil 1970 hands down

What about the Brazil 1982 squad? Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao, Junior,Serginho,Cerezo. That team played the most expansive, beautiful and entertaining football I've ever seen!"

mr

Dunfermline athletic 1969 Scottish cup actually watched the game on big screen at one of the players houses pwhen I was 13 .

Also watched a couple of there ventures into Europe that year

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

So it's lads only and you bar one of the finest European teams in my opinion anyway. I get no bigotry, but exactly how is judging other teams like this acceptable? Same level if you ask me....

Alright, just to keep the lead thieving Scousers happy I will concede that the great (BOAK) Liverpool (SPEW) teams between 1977 and 1984 that won the European Cup 4 times in that era (HUGHIE) were an OK team. Now excuse me I'm away to rinse my eyes out and disinfect my fingers with Detol after typing that!

By *adybee77Woman  over a year ago

MAMOBA, miles and miles of bugger all (Aberdeenshire)

Wow, just wow.

Resorting to stereotypes and name calling, well done

"So it's lads only and you bar one of the finest European teams in my opinion anyway. I get no bigotry, but exactly how is judging other teams like this acceptable? Same level if you ask me.... "

It had been intended as a bit of light hearted humour and it's called healthy rivalry. Same level? Really? Maybe just as well I never asked you then eh?

"Wow, just wow.

Resorting to stereotypes and name calling, well done "

Do us a favour? Get off your high horse would you? Half my family are Scousers, got 3 uncles 2 of whom are Everton fans and one of whom is a Liverpool fan. The lead thieving quote actually is a plagiarism of my Incle Matts favourite expression to describe Liverpool fans, none of my Liverpool supporting family take offence so Christ knows why you are!

"Wow, just wow.

Resorting to stereotypes and name calling, well done

Do us a favour? Get off your high horse would you? Half my family are Scousers, got 3 uncles 2 of whom are Everton fans and one of whom is a Liverpool fan. The lead thieving quote actually is a plagiarism of my Incle Matts favourite expression to describe Liverpool fans, none of my Liverpool supporting family take offence so Christ knows why you are! "

Even I got that gag, light humour is lost on here sadly at the best of times Scousers don't get offended by scouse jokes, just everyone else lol

Geek

"Alright, just to keep the lead thieving Scousers happy I will concede that the great (BOAK) Liverpool (SPEW) teams between 1977 and 1984 that won the European Cup 4 times in that era (HUGHIE) were an OK team. Now excuse me I'm away to rinse my eyes out and disinfect my fingers with Detol after typing that! "

Well done you only really into Liverpool because of Stevie G!! Ooooooft haha

Stand Free wherever you may be cause

We are the famous Aberdeen...

Aberdeen under Alex Ferguson beating Bayern Munich and then a wee team called Real Madrid in 1983

I can say i watched my Scottish team win a European Trophy

Arsenals invincible steam of 2003-04 where a great team

"Even I got that gag, light humour is lost on here sadly at the best of times Scousers don't get offended by scouse jokes, just everyone else lol

Geek "

As an Everton fan I don't actually hate Liverpool.....just the enviable success they've had over the years whilst the Toffees for the most part have struggled. As an 11 year old, with experience of the poison generated by the Glasgow derbys, the memory of attending my first Merseyside derby and seeing Everton and Liverpool fans drinking in the same pubs, walking to the game together without the need for riot police is something I'll never forget. Doesn't stop me from wanting to see the gits pumped in every game they play! Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Fitba sucks....

"Fitba sucks.... "

Nooooooooooo Teasy do not say that! It's the beating heart of a Saturday afternoon, the escape from the humdrum monotony of the working week. It's tribal, frenetic and without it life would be such a fecking drag!

The Scotland team that beat Holland in 1978, not the Scotland team that got beat by Peru earlier in the week

"The Scotland team that beat Holland in 1978, not the Scotland team that got beat by Peru earlier in the week "

Archie Gemmells goal.....sublime!

"Even I got that gag, light humour is lost on here sadly at the best of times Scousers don't get offended by scouse jokes, just everyone else lol

Geek

As an Everton fan I don't actually hate Liverpool.....just the enviable success they've had over the years whilst the Toffees for the most part have struggled. As an 11 year old, with experience of the poison generated by the Glasgow derbys, the memory of attending my first Merseyside derby and seeing Everton and Liverpool fans drinking in the same pubs, walking to the game together without the need for riot police is something I'll never forget. Doesn't stop me from wanting to see the gits pumped in every game they play! Nil Satis Nisi Optimum "

Yup so true, it's brutal, try being a Rangers & Liverpool fan, it's never easy

Thank god I'm not one for being intimidated lol

Geek

Manchester united 99 European cup winning team

"Fitba sucks....

Nooooooooooo Teasy do not say that! It's the beating heart of a Saturday afternoon, the escape from the humdrum monotony of the working week. It's tribal, frenetic and without it life would be such a fecking drag!"

ok.. sorry pal take it backx

"Manchester united 99 European cup winning team "

They were good....but were they great?

"Manchester united 99 European cup winning team

They were good....but were they great?"

Beckham Keane Giggs Schmichel Scholes must be up there with the greats surly ? not a united fan but come on

[Removed by poster at 20/08/14 11:14:44]

"Manchester united 99 European cup winning team

They were good....but were they great?Beckham Keane Giggs Schmichel Scholes must be up there with the greats surly ? not a united fan but come on "

Was thinking Man Utd too.... if I remember right they done ok ....and this coming from a girl

2nd place has gotta be Guardiola's Barcelona ,closely flowed by that 82 Brazil side who couldn't defend but as an auld bam who reminisces not only on fitba , his looks and flat stomach ( that's really feckin years back now ) 1970 BRAZIL

I really shouldn't have entitled this thread Lads Only should I??

[Removed by poster at 20/08/14 13:11:27]

I don't agree that Bryan clough was the best English manager ever when you consider what Bob Paisley achieved in just 9yrs at liverpool.

6 league championships

3 European cups

1 uefa cup

1 European super cup

3 league cups

6 charity shields

and not to mention 6 manager of the year awards so I think that would make him the best English manager by far

"I don't agree that Bryan clough was the best English manager ever when you consider what Bob Paisley achieved in just 9yrs at liverpool.

6 league championships

3 European cups

1 uefa cup

1 European super cup

3 league cups

6 charity shields

and not to mention 6 manager of the year awards so I think that would make him the best English manager by far "

No doubt about Pailseys achievements, but Liverpool have been a powerhouse of English football for over 5 decades. Clough took 2 provincial clubs (Derby and Forest) won titles with them and consecutive European Cups with Forest. A far more difficult feat in my view!

You can't be serious. 19 major trophies in 9yr says it all

"You can't be serious. 19 major trophies in 9yr says it all "

The day I acknowledge Liverpools achievements will be indeed a cold day in hell!! Nah an amazing team and a legendary manager but Clough was a hero of mines, always will be!

By *ortland51Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hearts' UEFA Cup run in 1988/89 will live long in my memory.

Beating St. Patricks Athletic, Austria Vienna, Velez Mostar, then finally narrowly losing out 2-1 on aggregate in a quarter-final to Bayern Munich after a famous 1-0 victory at a packed Tynecastle.

Great memories.

As for the greatest comeback I've ever seen in Europe, I'll award that to Liverpool for reversing the 3-0 half-time deficit to beat an outstanding AC Milan team in 2005 that lined up; Dida, Cafu, Nesta, Stam, Maldini, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Crespo, Shevchenko.

There is no getting away from how impressive a feat that is. And I have no feeling for or against Liverpool FC.

Clough was a great manager in his day as was Bill Shankly and if they where still around today football wouldn't be in the state it's in. They both wouldn't let the greedy bastard agents anywhere near they're ground when trying to buy or sell a player. I just wish there was more managers like them for the sake of the game

"barcelona from 2008-2011 were just the best team in the world for attractive attacking football. No-one can deny they showed the whole world the right way football should be played ( even though it came from Dutch fundamentals ) "

Although it's great football it did become "boring" due to over playing and not be in direct enough. No Getin away from it they were great though. So many great teams from different eras that it's to hard to pick if I'm honest

By *rsKandMrJCouple  over a year ago

West Dunbartonshire ish

hate fitba all sports really lol K x

UEFA Cup, 20th October, 1993

Bayern Munich v Norwich City

That volley from Gossy...Wham!

"Clough was a great manager in his day as was Bill Shankly and if they where still around today football wouldn't be in the state it's in. They both wouldn't let the greedy bastard agents anywhere near they're ground when trying to buy or sell a player. I just wish there was more managers like them for the sake of the game"

Fucking Amen to that chief!!

"hate fitba all sports really lol K x"

I like rugby

» Add a new message to this topic