FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Telly turn offs!

Telly turn offs!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I stopped watching TV regularly a few years ago as generally it's shite. Soaps are miserable, sitcoms stopped being funny and although I've always loved a good Natural History or Historical Documentary I simply cannot be arsed so I havent owned a telly since 2011. I'll youtube anything I missed and get Top Gear on iplayer.

Anyone else turned off the box lately in favout of internet and actual personal interaction/activity?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yup. I dont watch normal tv anymore, its all crap and I hate adverts! I do download tv shows however lol I havent had a chance to sit down and watch anything properly for ages tho.

Lx

I'm the same I pointedly refuse to watch the dross served up not only on terrestrial TV but also on satellite. For about the past 18 months I've watched the likes of The Walking Dead, Game if Thrones, Justified, The Black List, Boardwalk Empire online. Also got into the habit of watching all my favourite old movies online.

"I'm the same I pointedly refuse to watch the dross served up not only on terrestrial TV but also on satellite. For about the past 18 months I've watched the likes of The Walking Dead, Game if Thrones, Justified, The Black List, Boardwalk Empire online. Also got into the habit of watching all my favourite old movies online. "

That's only because your so frugal

My tivo box hasnt been used in about 6 months, tried to get rid of it but comes with the deal I get

Lxx

By *uppy ConquerorMan  over a year ago

dundee

I stopped watching a few yrs ago as well.Don't feel like i'm missing anything!

"That's only because your so frugal "

Is that a polite way of saying I'm a tightfisted bastard??

"That's only because your so frugal

Is that a polite way of saying I'm a tightfisted bastard?? "

Yes it is a polite way so it's not an insult.

I can also tell your tight because instead of razors you use broken beer bottles to shave with. I bet you use your tea bags more than once too, dry them on the radiator do you

"That's only because your so frugal

Is that a polite way of saying I'm a tightfisted bastard??

Yes it is a polite way so it's not an insult.

I can also tell your tight because instead of razors you use broken beer bottles to shave with. I bet you use your tea bags more than once too, dry them on the radiator do you "

Shots fired!

I feel the same. With the exception of Game of Thrones and the odd other series I've also turned off. Tend to get a boxset or recently discovered Netflix (I know, I know - get with the times) so usual just pick a series and work my way through....breaking bad for example x

I love my telly and I'm not ashamed to admit I cried a little when the one in my bedroom broke - Season 7 Disc 1 of Friends is stuck in it

Mainly I just watch stuff online now. Usually American stuff with loads of drama. Scandal is my favourite.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have GoT on dvd only because a certain someone a couple of years ago insisted that I look like I should be in it. Only watched em a couple of months ago.

I'll eventually get the rest on dvd. It's like Dungeons and Dragons Lite lol

I approve

News,match of the day,Moto GP(used to), and occasional factual prog, only time use tv now.

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I tend to record programs now. That way i can skip past all the adverts and delete anything that turns out to be crap.

Not had the tv on in a long time Netflix all the way

Can't remember watching tv I've got my Xbox and have iplayer, 4od, 5 on demand, YouTube and Netflix lol

A good website to watch new and old movies on is www.putlocker.bz, some of the movies are recorded and see people's heads and what not just need to have a look and see what you can find

» Add a new message to this topic