FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > New Lanark...

New Lanark...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

While going to the shop my friend asked if I wanted to take a wee drive to new Lanark as that's where my pup came from. So, as he goes down the tight windy roads we come to this place where really, doesn't look like houses! What is it all about? Is that all that's there? I mean, is there anyone on here that actually stays there? Is it all flats now? I was totally confused!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I thought the only thing in New Lanark was the Annie McLeod experience .......

"I thought the only thing in New Lanark was the Annie McLeod experience ....... "

I don't even know what that is... But we went down and it's all these factory buildings that have been turned into flats I think! Who even stays there?

Its nothing exciting, just one of those "exciting educational" places you went to when you were in primary school lol

"Its nothing exciting, just one of those "exciting educational" places you went to when you were in primary school lol"

Awwwwwwww! That's a bit boring lol

New Lanark - smashing place to visit & great hotel and lodges. It's a world Heritage Site.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

theres a nice hotel in new Lanark and cottages you can rent

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

Am I allowed?

http://www.newlanark.org/

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

Is it worth staying over at, school trip once. To be honest am guessing there is a rural walk, and thats all folks

By *esignergeekMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It’s nice to walk down the water, see the falls, etc.

I had a brief fling with an older girl who lived there, until I found out she was married and hadn’t told her hubby …

"It’s nice to walk down the water, see the falls, etc.

I had a brief fling with an older girl who lived there, until I found out she was married and hadn’t told her hubby …"

Oh dear! I think next time till take a wee walk! Wonder what they're like inside lol

Those flats are damned expensive

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

New Lanark is steeped in history and for those that don't know anything about it a wee visit is definitely worth while. Used to be a cotton mill in the 18th century and Owen, the owner, led on improving conditions for his workers including education, health care and housing.

Even if you don't visit it is an interesting piece of scottish history

Shy x

"New Lanark is steeped in history and for those that don't know anything about it a wee visit is definitely worth while. Used to be a cotton mill in the 18th century and Owen, the owner, led on improving conditions for his workers including education, health care and housing.

Shy x "

I googled it haha

"While going to the shop my friend asked if I wanted to take a wee drive to new Lanark as that's where my pup came from. So, as he goes down the tight windy roads we come to this place where really, doesn't look like houses! What is it all about? Is that all that's there? I mean, is there anyone on here that actually stays there? Is it all flats now? I was totally confused! "

People who stay thousands of miles away could tell you all about new lanark, but someone who lives less than 45 minutes away has no clue what it's all about...

"While going to the shop my friend asked if I wanted to take a wee drive to new Lanark as that's where my pup came from. So, as he goes down the tight windy roads we come to this place where really, doesn't look like houses! What is it all about? Is that all that's there? I mean, is there anyone on here that actually stays there? Is it all flats now? I was totally confused!

People who stay thousands of miles away could tell you all about new lanark, but someone who lives less than 45 minutes away has no clue what it's all about... "

And your point being?

"While going to the shop my friend asked if I wanted to take a wee drive to new Lanark as that's where my pup came from. So, as he goes down the tight windy roads we come to this place where really, doesn't look like houses! What is it all about? Is that all that's there? I mean, is there anyone on here that actually stays there? Is it all flats now? I was totally confused!

People who stay thousands of miles away could tell you all about new lanark, but someone who lives less than 45 minutes away has no clue what it's all about...

And your point being? "

No real point, more of an observation that a tourist can know more about the local area than the locals

A few years ago we went when it had been snowing heavily. The falls were like a magical wonderland. Everything was frozen and sparkly.

It's a lovely place for a walk and the tour is interesting.

"A few years ago we went when it had been snowing heavily. The falls were like a magical wonderland. Everything was frozen and sparkly.

It's a lovely place for a walk and the tour is interesting. "

This

The Falls of Clyde is one of the most beautiful stretches of river in the country.

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"New Lanark is steeped in history and for those that don't know anything about it a wee visit is definitely worth while. Used to be a cotton mill in the 18th century and Owen, the owner, led on improving conditions for his workers including education, health care and housing.

Shy x "

By *ilthyfun222Woman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

People do live there and they even have their own primary school. It is mainly a tourist site but the Falls of Clyde are beautiful and a walk from Lanark, through New Lanark, back to Lanark is definitely worthwhile. And in the summer there's usually a nice cream stand in New Lanark.

By *ilthyfun222Woman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"People do live there and they even have their own primary school. It is mainly a tourist site but the Falls of Clyde are beautiful and a walk from Lanark, through New Lanark, back to Lanark is definitely worthwhile. And in the summer there's usually a nice cream stand in New Lanark. "

An ice cream*

I'm from Lanark. It's a nice wee but down there, and yes people live there still

"I'm from Lanark. It's a nice wee but down there, and yes people live there still"

I'm from Lanark aswell recently just moved away. Lanark itself is a pretty shite place but new lanark is great. Good fishing and good walks

» Add a new message to this topic