FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > glasgow beggers

glasgow beggers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Was just in glasgow city center, behind st enoch's centre a girl was begging by the parking meters I put £1.50 in her cup and told her to get cup of tea. Feel really bad at todays drug culture and the effects on the innocents.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Nothing new I'm afraid!

Work in city centre and there are always homeless and helpless people needing help.

Unfortunately there are also a lot of chancers.

I've been stung quite a few times which just makes me cynical unfortunately.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

When I lived in London this was rife. But there were a few regular older guys who were genuinely homeless.

My ex would buy a roll and hot drink and give it to them rather than the cash and they were ALWAYS so grateful and couldn't stop saying thank you. She always said it was better to do that than give them cash which they would spend on booze because at least she knew they'd had something to eat that day

The chancers wouldn't accept it if you did that as all they want is the money

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

There was a report recently that some "beggers" were getting about £25,000 a year tax free. They actually talk of professional beggers now especially the ones with dogs.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

to be honest im going to sound nasty but if they want to take drugs its their own fault, as for the immigrants and the rest of the beggars etc they sign on prob get more money than most people on here when they claim for children that aren't even in this country

"There was a report recently that some "beggers" were getting about £25,000 a year tax free. They actually talk of professional beggers now especially the ones with dogs."

could you tell us about this report and who commisioned it?,i would guess its goverment funded to keep ppl thinking that all benefit claimants are playing the system .

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

It was a while ago but i think it was people like police, social services and a homeless charity.

Police got involved due to aggressive "begging".

There was also disorder amongst some "beggers" for the best spots.

Good deed done today... Well done you

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Sweetest thing I ever heard was my mum and dad.

One Christmas they realised there was nothing more they needed.

So they swapped £50 in each of their cards and went out on Xmas day and looked for two deserving looking homeless and gave them £50 each.

One of the many reasons I love my parents.

I helped write a book years ago about them and their real stories very humbling and eye opening, always slip the genuine ones a cpl of quid.

I am afraid I dont give them money at all. Although I do give them food if I have it .

was on a course many years ago, where one of the themes was 'never assume'. and by and large i try to stick to that when i see someone begging, i don't assume they are addicts etc. if i give anything to a beggar, it will be food and a hot drink. walk a mile in the other persons shoes before you judge them, we do not know the reason they are doing what they do

"was on a course many years ago, where one of the themes was 'never assume'. and by and large i try to stick to that when i see someone begging, i don't assume they are addicts etc. if i give anything to a beggar, it will be food and a hot drink. walk a mile in the other persons shoes before you judge them, we do not know the reason they are doing what they do"

Avi I have to agree, you never know that persons constraints and what led them there? Life is a path of multiple choices you never know what path will lead you where....

People who are homeless get benefits. The local authority in scotland has a statutory duty to provide them with accommodation. There are several charities who also feed and cloth them. There is a lot of great support.

Beggars are supplementing their addictions by asking for money

If you feel sorry, but them a coffee or food.

If you are homeless with no fixed address or bank account you cant get benefits!

"If you are homeless with no fixed address or bank account you cant get benefits! "

Yes you can. There are several options available.

There but for the grace of God go I

"There but for the grace of God go I"

Exactly..

I don't work hard to give my money away to people who I genuinely believe will buy drugs before they buy food with it. And only a small handful of charities I will donate to.

» Add a new message to this topic