FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Holidays, breaks away

Holidays, breaks away

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are just back from a mini holiday up north, beautiful scenery & lots of fresh air, nature BBQ's etc but unfortunately also lots of wind & rain.

I've always said if you could guarantee the weather in Scotland I'd happily stay here most years for holidays traveling round the country (odd foreign hol still on the cards).

What's your thoughts would better/guaranteed good weather make it more likely for you to travel & holiday here or would foreign holidays still be preferred?

D x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tend to just love the change of scenery don't care about the travel or the weather as long as it's a break away im happy

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I love my travel.

I'm always away somewhere either long weekends mostly in the UK.

Altho I had a nice long weekend in Spain in May and I'd do it again.

But I love my foreign travel most for the culture, food and of course the sun.

Also love New York for the cold and Christmas shopping lol xx

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Definitely stay in Scotland if we had the weather!

Gorgeous place, loads to see and do.

AND save a fortune!

By *ee-YinWoman  over a year ago

nr bathgate

"Definitely stay in Scotland if we had the weather!

Gorgeous place, loads to see and do.

AND save a fortune! "

Totally agree, Scotland is a beautiful country xx if the weather was better I'd defo holiday here more xx

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

The only problem if scotland always had thecwesther then the scenery wouldnt be the same

Ad an american said to me many years ago when i was apologising for our weather said oh donr apologise where we come from everything burnt and you cant have it green without the rain

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"The only problem if scotland always had thecwesther then the scenery wouldnt be the same

Ad an american said to me many years ago when i was apologising for our weather said oh donr apologise where we come from everything burnt and you cant have it green without the rain"

I suppose you are right, it's just so beautiful when it's warm & sunny, it would be good if we had a rainy season as opposed the occasional sunny warm spell. Although it was pretty sunny & hot earlier this year, even prolonged enough to organise things for the weekend during the week & it still be sunny when the weekend came

Dx

I used to go abroad a lot...at least three times a year, but a couple of holiday disasters cured me of the urge. I suppose I've been very lucky and visited a lot of the places i most wanted to see.

I'm happy here now. Recent trips have brought a renewed appreciation of our country. It is so beautiful....and although a sunny day is like a lottery win it can't be beaten.....

We go abroad for the near guaranteed sunshine and heat. Although we did have a 3 day break in Pitlochry and the weather was fantastic, and its a stunning area. Not always guaranteed though, hence the trips to sunnier climes

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

Would still travel abroad.

As Nawty posted above, it's different culture, food etc. The Highlands are beautiful but offer me that or a long weekend in Rome and I'm afraid it's arrividerci Scotland...

By *abrina59TV/TS  over a year ago

submissive land

"The only problem if scotland always had thecwesther then the scenery wouldnt be the same

Ad an american said to me many years ago when i was apologising for our weather said oh donr apologise where we come from everything burnt and you cant have it green without the rain

I suppose you are right, it's just so beautiful when it's warm & sunny, it would be good if we had a rainy season as opposed the occasional sunny warm spell. Although it was pretty sunny & hot earlier this year, even prolonged enough to organise things for the weekend during the week & it still be sunny when the weekend came

Dx"

And Aberdour def lovely part of the country worked thete many years ago

Cutting across hard packed snowed on a frosty blue sky day in the highlands at 4000ft. Can't beet it. There again would love to try Corsica Madeira and New Zealand.

» Add a new message to this topic