FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Disability living allowance

Disability living allowance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

the cold dead grasping hand of westminster now has the disabled firmly in its sights . nobody is safe from this corrupt system south of the border , and its only going to get worse once they have Scotland firmly in its back pocket

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

the no voters dont see it that way, but yes you are right and lots more to follow if a no vote gets in

the no voters just love westminster and all the evil that emanates from it. My youngest is going to get well and truly fucked over by this latest wheeze from london , its going to have a profound impact

I watched a very smug Danny Alexander smile whilst blatantly telling lies to the BBC last night, made me sick to the stomach

They always seem to pick on the dissabled and low wage earners

Go to BBC.co.uk; click on news then select Scotland --- scottish news

you will find more on Disability benefit cuts

you can also hear the lies from Alexander

thats always been the westminster way , pick on those least able to look after themselves . mabye they will put the cash they take from the vunerable to good use . Poor alister darling must be feeling the pinch , he used to be able to flip flop the designation on his second house to buy a nice big flat in london . he did this 4 times in 4 years . now he cant do that for now how is he supposed to increase his property portfolio ? mabye this cash is to help out the needy and vunerable like himself

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't just Scotland who are affected by these changes. Things started changing in 2013 according to the government website.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

More YESNP scare tactics. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time.

"More YESNP scare tactics. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time."

so there arent going to be any more welfare cuts ?as far as i know there is going to be 25billion worth of welfare cuts in the next 2 yrs and that has been said by the condems themselves .

Glasgow

"It isn't just Scotland who are affected by these changes. Things started changing in 2013 according to the government website.

"

The YESNP would have us believe this is measure designed to punish the Scots.

This is a Tory measure affecting the whole of the UK. The answer is to get rid of the Tories not hand Scotland over to the YES camp.

"It isn't just Scotland who are affected by these changes. Things started changing in 2013 according to the government website.

This is a Tory measure affecting the whole of the UK. The answer is to get rid of the Tories not hand Scotland over to the YES camp."

Scotland can't get rid of the Tories at the ballot box, that is the whole point!!! We voted against them the last time and they got in. If we vote No we will vote against them in next years general election and they will get in again. We only count for 8.4% of the uk electorate so who we vote for is irrelevant. Once again THAT IS THE POINT!

By *lasgowkisserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's gonna be a resounding NO

that's democracy. So the man can't b wrong

"It's gonna be a resounding NO

that's democracy. So the man can't b wrong "

maybe, but it wont be 100% as my vote will be a YES vote and i will sleep well at night knowing i done my bit for scotland

Glasgow

This is a Tory measure affecting the whole of the UK. The answer is to get rid of the Tories not hand Scotland over to the YES camp.

Scotland can't get rid of the Tories at the ballot box, that is the whole point!!! We voted against them the last time and they got in. If we vote No we will vote against them in next years general election and they will get in again. We only count for 8.4% of the uk electorate so who we vote for is irrelevant. Once again THAT IS THE POINT!"

The UK can get rid of the Tories and has done on a number of occasions.

If people would stop voting for no-hopers like SNP, Plaid, Green etc - we could get rid of the Tories forever.

This is a Tory measure affecting the whole of the UK. The answer is to get rid of the Tories not hand Scotland over to the YES camp."

so u are saying u were wrong and and the yes camp arent scaremongering over further welfare cuts ?also labour have said they will keep the condem austerity cuts and even introduce further cuts to welfare benefits ,the only way scotland can look after the least well off is by voting yes .

Scotland can't get rid of the Tories at the ballot box, that is the whole point!!! We voted against them the last time and they got in. If we vote No we will vote against them in next years general election and they will get in again. We only count for 8.4% of the uk electorate so who we vote for is irrelevant. Once again THAT IS THE POINT!

If people would stop voting for no-hopers like SNP, Plaid, Green etc - we could get rid of the Tories forever."

and all we would get is the most right wing labour party ever who will keep all the condem policise,its change we want not more of the same .

By *illdeeCouple  over a year ago

nr Edinburgh

Onny, I'm not seeing your point at all. If we vote for the status quo, ie Naw, we still get a government we didn't vote for.

I'm surprised that more isn't made of the possibility that, if we vote yes, then it sends what's left into freefall south of the border and will mean, potentially, an end to the Tories once and for all.

Glasgow

"Onny, I'm not seeing your point at all. If we vote for the status quo, ie Naw, we still get a government we didn't vote for.

I'm surprised that more isn't made of the possibility that, if we vote yes, then it sends what's left into freefall south of the border and will mean, potentially, an end to the Tories once and for all."

We presently have an administration in Edinburgh which most Scots didn't vote for.

Your second paragraph is just wishful thinking.

"Onny, I'm not seeing your point at all. If we vote for the status quo, ie Naw, we still get a government we didn't vote for.

I'm surprised that more isn't made of the possibility that, if we vote yes, then it sends what's left into freefall south of the border and will mean, potentially, an end to the Tories once and for all.

We presently have an administration in Edinburgh which most Scots didn't vote for.

Your second paragraph is just wishful thinking."

_nny i take it u are a labour voter ?can u tell me if u are happy with the new right wing labour party and their pledge to continue with the austerity cuts that the condems are doing ?a wee answer would be good as u never answered my questions on other post .

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

So if both parties are promising cuts who do you vote for.

Ignoring the YES NO referendum that is, Has the YES + NO sides stated what will happen to balance the books.

"So if both parties are promising cuts who do you vote for.

Ignoring the YES NO referendum that is, Has the YES + NO sides stated what will happen to balance the books."

if u are meening a uk election i wouldnt vote tory or new right wing tory labour thats for sure.

Scotland can't get rid of the Tories at the ballot box, that is the whole point!!! We voted against them the last time and they got in. If we vote No we will vote against them in next years general election and they will get in again. We only count for 8.4% of the uk electorate so who we vote for is irrelevant. Once again THAT IS THE POINT!"

By *uppy ConquerorMan  over a year ago

dundee

If people would stop voting for no-hopers like SNP, Plaid, Green etc - we could get rid of the Tories forever."

I vote for what i believe in not who i think will win

They should leave the disability system alone poor feckn people r bad enough without worrying about there money to pay bills

Your vote will be the most selfish thing youll do this year and nobody should be voting to benifit others.

Vote for yourself and nobody else yes or no.

By *ustFFWoman  over a year ago

ayrshire

The benefits system was in dire need of an over haul... The costs have spiralled out of control.... the system was introduced many years ago as something to fall back on if you found yourself falling upon hard times.... not relying on it for the rest of your life !! Whilst there will always be people who cannot possibly work for a living, there a far too many people claiming it that can... and it is those people who they are aiming at.. is that wrong ? I don't think so !!

"The benefits system was in dire need of an over haul... The costs have spiralled out of control.... the system was introduced many years ago as something to fall back on if you found yourself falling upon hard times.... not relying on it for the rest of your life !! Whilst there will always be people who cannot possibly work for a living, there a far too many people claiming it that can... and it is those people who they are aiming at.. is that wrong ? I don't think so !!"

Well said.

"The benefits system was in dire need of an over haul... The costs have spiralled out of control.... the system was introduced many years ago as something to fall back on if you found yourself falling upon hard times.... not relying on it for the rest of your life !! Whilst there will always be people who cannot possibly work for a living, there a far too many people claiming it that can... and it is those people who they are aiming at.. is that wrong ? I don't think so !!"
so true and well said to many recieving that just dont need it

By *ustFFWoman  over a year ago

ayrshire

Thank you, it makes my blood boil..... Many years ago I used to know a man who was totally blind and everyday without fail he and his guide dog took the tube train in London to work... today you have people claiming DLA because they have a sore leg !!

"More YESNP scare tactics. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time."

If it's reported on BBC and came from Danny Alexander how is it snp scare tactics ?

Glasgow

"More YESNP scare tactics. Really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time.

If it's reported on BBC and came from Danny Alexander how is it snp scare tactics ?"

We're forever being told by the Nats not to believe a word the BBC or the ConDems say.

Why is this different? Cos it suits you?

Exactly! You only count for 8.4% of the uk electorate! If you vote YES then you are well and truly on your own and anonymous to Europe and the rest of the world! And that means you'll get nothing from anyone! I hope for your sake the YES voters don't win.

» Add a new message to this topic