FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > 6 months in remission

6 months in remission

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a quick that's to everyone who over the past few months have sent wee msgs of support. Thanks to every one of you and to those going through or know folk going through the same kinda journey ive been on , hey keep the faith and stay strong. Its great to know that even though 80% of folk on here are arse holes there is the 20% of genuine warm kind folk, love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Aww great news Col. xxxxxxx

Yeh all good xxxxx hey ive still got that bottle of champers on ice with your name on it lol xxxxxx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

Good luck col been through it and got family members going through it just now. Difficult times but strength always comes from somewhere xxx

Indeed, I now go visit folk just starting their journey over at maggies at the western general in edin and just have a wee chat try and get them to see the positives, I truly believe if you got into it all with the right frame of mind your in a much better place to help come out the other end better xxxxxx

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

So pleased for you!

Anyone who faces up to the bastard and beats it?

RESPECT!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Indeed, I now go visit folk just starting their journey over at maggies at the western general in edin and just have a wee chat try and get them to see the positives, I truly believe if you got into it all with the right frame of mind your in a much better place to help come out the other end better xxxxxx "
well done you xx

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Congrats and keep fighting the good fight

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Brilliant news & all the luck in the world xx

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Well done Col.

The best thing all us 'survivors' can do is talk to people so they know cancer isn't the death sentence it was once assumed to be.

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Congrats and hope it stays away for you and may you remain positive x

Great news Col....hugs x

"Great news Col....hugs x"

What KoK said...

well done, its now 12years for me, can't believe its gone by so quickly. keep up with the positivity!!

Fantastic mate - awesome news and all the very best

Greg

By *aucy MikeCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

It's good to hear someone giving it a kicking! Congratulations! May you sail through the rest and live long and healthy while enjoying good friends . S&Mx

Amazing news for you and best of luck for the future!

Xx

By *ikchattyfellahMan  over a year ago

Greenock

"Just a quick that's to everyone who over the past few months have sent wee msgs of support. Thanks to every one of you and to those going through or know folk going through the same kinda journey ive been on , hey keep the faith and stay strong. Its great to know that even though 80% of folk on here are arse holes there is the 20% of genuine warm kind folk, love and hugs to you all xxxxxxxxx "

We haven't met but this kind of news from anyone (either known or unknown to me) always lifts my spirits. I have known a fair few folk succumb to this condition so it's good to hear of it getting beaten.

I knew a fair few folk to give up on life on getting their 'news' feeling as though the death sentence was passed. (I'm not going to judge them for it though, I've never been and hope never to be in their shoes!)

Each person beating this condition helps add to the hopes and subtract from the fears of other sufferers. Especially to the ones just starting out on the road you've just travelled down, every scrap of positivity helps. In my time as a health care professional I've seen good news of others help inspire and frame a mind. Keep on winning and keep on inspiring! That means keep on telling others of your story!

Well done col lad x

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Already told you that i am chuffed for you but I dont mind repeating myself , well done in beating it and keep up ur inspirational positivity . Good luck and well done my friend xxx

I honestly have a tear in my eye right now reading all the kind words from all you wonderful folk. I know none of you but could grab you all and give you a big man hug. LOL. What I will say is that should any of you need help EVER with getting someone through the journey I would be more than glad to chat or pass on my manic memoires that I wrote to help people who didn't want to open up. As I said I truly believe that cancer can be overcome in some cases by laughing, smiling and embracing every single day (even the dark ones)So there you go love you all xxxxxxxxx

"I honestly have a tear in my eye right now reading all the kind words from all you wonderful folk. I know none of you but could grab you all and give you a big man hug. LOL. What I will say is that should any of you need help EVER with getting someone through the journey I would be more than glad to chat or pass on my manic memoires that I wrote to help people who didn't want to open up. As I said I truly believe that cancer can be overcome in some cases by laughing, smiling and embracing every single day (even the dark ones)So there you go love you all xxxxxxxxx "

Hi 5 mate

5 straight back at ya

xxxxx for all msgs

having a wee drinky in Edinburgh Friday at the festival to celebrate my 6 months if anyone interested

"having a wee drinky in Edinburgh Friday at the festival to celebrate my 6 months if anyone interested "

Having been battered by cancer three times now (once after having had my five years clear)I say go for it, grab life by the throat and wring it out! I'd raise a glass there with you if I could. xxx

» Add a new message to this topic