FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > jinty and her pals are "offensive"

jinty and her pals are "offensive"

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to an article in the daily telegraph,jinty,hamish and the rest of the scottie dogs used in the opening ceremony for the commonwealth games have been branded "offensive to muslims" by a politician from malaysia.

How can that be its a fucking dog

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"According to an article in the daily telegraph,jinty,hamish and the rest of the scottie dogs used in the opening ceremony for the commonwealth games have been branded "offensive to muslims" by a politician from malaysia.

How can that be its a fucking dog "

WTF ?

"According to an article in the daily telegraph,jinty,hamish and the rest of the scottie dogs used in the opening ceremony for the commonwealth games have been branded "offensive to muslims" by a politician from malaysia.

How can that be its a fucking dog

WTF ? "

seriously its on the telegraph online,i saw it via facebook,if i knew how to do it id post the link

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/malaysia/10995961/Commonwealth-Games-Scottie-dogs-disrespectful-to-Muslims.html

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

In the Muslim faith dogs are deemed unclean. What that had to do with the Games etc I do not know. Scotland is not part of the Muslim world. PC gone to far yet again.

By *ootlover456Man  over a year ago

Paisley

listen to the western media. deserve to be lied to. just another way of trying to incite bigotry against the Islamic faith I imagine.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

End of article says A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: "Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony."

"End of article says A Glasgow 2014 spokesman said: "Glasgow 2014 have received no complaints from the Commonwealth Games Associations of the competing nations and territories following the Opening Ceremony." "
they may well not have had any complaints directed their way but someone could have said it to the media

"listen to the western media. deserve to be lied to. just another way of trying to incite bigotry against the Islamic faith I imagine. "

Bigotry is a two way street, as much as there is "Islamaphobia" there is also a deep seated hatred of Western culture. Personally I find both repugnant!

"listen to the western media. deserve to be lied to. just another way of trying to incite bigotry against the Islamic faith I imagine.

Bigotry is a two way street, as much as there is "Islamaphobia" there is also a deep seated hatred of Western culture. Personally I find both repugnant!"

well said!!

Bored reporter me thinks

By *aucy MikeCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"listen to the western media. deserve to be lied to. just another way of trying to incite bigotry against the Islamic faith I imagine.

Bigotry is a two way street, as much as there is "Islamaphobia" there is also a deep seated hatred of Western culture. Personally I find both repugnant!

well said!! "

By *ootlover456Man  over a year ago

Paisley

I agree completely

my point is that media tells lies and exaggerates in order to create and reinforce the hatreds

its disgusting

How can that be its a fucking dog "

Maybe they have a better use for them rather than parading round a track say like a small snack between lunch and supper

By *rown_cock_edinMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"I agree completely

my point is that media tells lies and exaggerates in order to create and reinforce the hatreds

its disgusting "

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

I find it interesting that no official complaint has been made to the organisers, which makes me wonder how and from where this complaint has actually come.

If it is in anyway genuine, then my reaction would be that it's high time that Muslims started respecting other national cultures, and any they're not happy with they should stay well away from the countries concerned.

British liberalisation has, imho, gone far too far, to the extent that long held traditional British customs and culture are being totally swamped by our modern multi-cultural society.

"I find it interesting that no official complaint has been made to the organisers, which makes me wonder how and from where this complaint has actually come.

If it is in anyway genuine, then my reaction would be that it's high time that Muslims started respecting other national cultures, and any they're not happy with they should stay well away from the countries concerned.

British liberalisation has, imho, gone far too far, to the extent that long held traditional British customs and culture are being totally swamped by our modern multi-cultural society. "

is that the technical term for saying if your not happy about it,then fuck off?

"I find it interesting that no official complaint has been made to the organisers, which makes me wonder how and from where this complaint has actually come.

British liberalisation has, imho, gone far too far, to the extent that long held traditional British customs and culture are being totally swamped by our modern multi-cultural society. is that the technical term for saying if your not happy about it,then fuck off? "

I can cite examples of where British people (I consider myself to be a Scot) have not been willing to assimilate into the culture of traditions of the countries that they have moved to. Intolerance isn't the preserve of Muslims or British people alone. Unfortunately every nation or creed has it's intolerant and bigoted elements

near Glasgow

British liberalisation has, imho, gone far too far, to the extent that long held traditional British customs and culture are being totally swamped by our modern multi-cultural society. is that the technical term for saying if your not happy about it,then fuck off? "

I was trying to be diplomatic, but yes!

near Glasgow

British liberalisation has, imho, gone far too far, to the extent that long held traditional British customs and culture are being totally swamped by our modern multi-cultural society. is that the technical term for saying if your not happy about it,then fuck off?

I can cite examples of where British people (I consider myself to be a Scot) have not been willing to assimilate into the culture of traditions of the countries that they have moved to. Intolerance isn't the preserve of Muslims or British people alone. Unfortunately every nation or creed has it's intolerant and bigoted elements"

I'm happy to accept what you say, but they're the ones who seem to be particularly intolerant these days.

British liberalisation has, imho, gone far too far, to the extent that long held traditional British customs and culture are being totally swamped by our modern multi-cultural society. "

Someone give this guy a medal!! If they cannot respect our culture and traditions then they should consider moving somewhere where it will not affect them.

Anyway another poster got it right about the dogs, when I was deployed to iraq we had to learn the basics about they're culture and dogs are deemed dirty and unclean animals.

By *lba The ScotMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

To be honest...the whole parade of Scotties was offensive, totally racist! I mean, how many white ones did we see?

Were any of them gay? Probably not. Did any of them have a disability...doubt it!

Sadly....they were all chum lovers, not one vegetarian amongst them. A poor representation of Scottish life.

Shame on them (!)

near Glasgow

"To be honest...the whole parade of Scotties was offensive, totally racist! I mean, how many white ones did we see?

Were any of them gay? Probably not. Did any of them have a disability...doubt it!

Sadly....they were all chum lovers, not one vegetarian amongst them. A poor representation of Scottish life.

Shame on them (!)"

And what about Westies? They're all white, not a black one amongst them.!

By *rown_cock_edinMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

"To be honest...the whole parade of Scotties was offensive, totally racist! I mean, how many white ones did we see?

Shame on them (!)"

Shame on them (!)"

Loved that

Hate to be a know all knobend though...but I'm sure I saw a Wheaten Scottie in the ranks along with black and brindle ones. They're a light brown kind of beigy colour....quite rare I think...I'll just slink off now.....

If the Muslim nations aren't happy they can just fuckin leave. Why the fuck are we in this country backing down to them, especially when they are out of their own countries they break every rule in their so called holy book. If they want to live in or visit western civilised countries then they must accept our traditions and our laws. we have no intention of being politically correct, they should shut the fuck up

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If the Muslim nations aren't happy they can just fuckin leave. Why the fuck are we in this country backing down to them, especially when they are out of their own countries they break every rule in their so called holy book. If they want to live in or visit western civilised countries then they must accept our traditions and our laws. we have no intention of being politically correct, they should shut the fuck up"

A bit strongly worded, but I think I agree in principle.

Liberalism in this country really is turning normal, level headed, understanding and accepting people like myself to racists.

I hate myself sometimes for the thoughts I have, but sometimes I really am pushed to say WTF!

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

It's nonsense like this that makes me glad that I don't have a religious bone in my body.

Who decided that a dog was dirty or not to eat pork or only eat fish on Friday?

Why should (single) men in frocks decide that 1 billion people on this planet shouldn't use condoms then get caught molesting children?

My last thought is that how many people died today because someone thought they were the wrong religion? How many tomorrow and the day after?

Well fuck them then, they are our dogs if they don't like it they can fuck right off. Oops sorry switching to politically correct mode, ohhhh well bless my cotton socks that's just terrible for them.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

If these religious nutters must have such ludicrous hang-ups, they should keep them to themselves.

My fastidiously clean spaniel has a beautiful nature and has more soul than many examples of the human race.

Including the objectionable golfer who angrily remonstrated with me because my dog was sniffing the wildlife scents in a bunker, doing no harm whatsoever and in the way of no golfers - on a publicly funded, municipal course.

Like you say, fuck 'em.

» Add a new message to this topic