FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > The killjoys are at it again

The killjoys are at it again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nny OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've written before about Kenny MacAskill's plans to revert Scotland to an adult desert - closing saunas etc.

Now it's lap dancing clubs.

"200 police officers swooped on three lap dancing clubs including one in Glasgow.

Scores of police swooped on three clubs and the home of owner ***** *******.

Officers from Police Scotland, the Security Industry Authority and the new UK Visas and Immigration unit hit Glasgow's Diamond Dolls club, Baby Dolls showbar in Edinburgh and Club Earth in Livingston.

Officers were looking for victims of human trafficking, illegal workers and drugs.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said a 30-year-old was arrested in connection with possession of an offensive weapon while a 30-year-old woman was reported for drug offences."

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

How can they be killjoys if they are looking for all things illegal?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Carrying an offensive weapon is illegal so is drugs what's such a killjoy about that ?

OP, what's your point here?

Confused.com ..

Glasgow

"How can they be killjoys if they are looking for all things illegal?"

Finding a weapon/ drugs was incidental to the purpose of the raids.

The purpose was to try to deter people from working in or attending these clubs.

"How can they be killjoys if they are looking for all things illegal?

The purpose was to try to deter people from working in or attending these clubs."

er in your post you state they looking for drugs how can that be incidental and when they raid restaurants etc are they trying to stop me eating my Indian

The purpose was to try to deter people from working in or attending these clubs."

Unless you know something the rest of us don't I'm still confused and unclear as to your pint, in your original post you say "Officers were looking for victims of human trafficking, illegal workers and drugs."

By *plfromfifeCouple  over a year ago

levenmouth

Officers looking for victims of human trafficking (illegal), drugs (illegal) and sia would be checking for unlicensed door staff (illegal). What's so wrong with this op? Nothing at all about stopping people working there or attending. Seems to me again someone getting a bee in their bonnet about nothing. If you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about.

"Officers looking for victims of human trafficking (illegal), drugs (illegal) and sia would be checking for unlicensed door staff (illegal). What's so wrong with this op? Nothing at all about stopping people working there or attending. Seems to me again someone getting a bee in their bonnet about nothing. If you are doing nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about."

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

By the sounds of it the purpose was to find anything illegal like workers and drugs for example and found some of what they were looking for.

I watched a programme only last week of with the Immigration unit raiding cafes and restaurants...does this mean they are trying to put off people woring in eating establishments too?

Think the ops post was a sly dig at the snp ,think it kinda backfired lol

The problem is not in the stated aims of searching for all things dodgy, but the unstated motivations behind such large scale public ops. Do you really need a hundred police officers to search for scantily clad girls who are trafficed? Not just a couple at front and back, a few inside to interview and no press? Look at the sauna trade in edinburgh, a decade old system more modelled on tolerance, (used to have) safe working areas, and licensed saunas, that were checked by the council. Now compare that to glasgow, where saunas were , unlicensed and raided, and street girls were afraid to deal with the police and had to work without protection and away from areas with cctv. The result was less girls murdered and assaulted in edinburgh. One of the first big operations in edinburgh once police scotland were formed were large scale, public raids on license carrying saunas. Looking for wrongdoing of course. Somewhere along the line the rules of conduct have changed.and the law is quoted to us to justify it. Want more proof away from the emotive issue of trafficed people? How about the fact that police scotland are now routinely armed on our streets, in a move roundly criticised by our government and councils. They did that by using a loophole in the law. So that makes it all alright and damn any democraticaly elected politician or the public.

Glasgow

Really dont see where the problem is with these raids if it stops anything illegal or am i missing something?.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

M?? . . Im still voting yes

By *andG4moreCouple  over a year ago

Dunbartonshire

"M?? . . Im still voting yes "

By *omma49Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Easy solution to massage parlours, saunas do what they do in Holland, legalise it, keep it under state control, that way any sniff of human trafficking can be identified and dealt with there's far too much of this nanny-state nonsense, politicians, deciding what we can or cannot do, for adult entertainment until the politicians can put the own house in order, do not presume to tell others how to conduct themselves in the privacy of a registered club

Glasgow

"Easy solution to massage parlours, saunas do what they do in Holland, legalise it, keep it under state control, that way any sniff of human trafficking can be identified and dealt with there's far too much of this nanny-state nonsense, politicians, deciding what we can or cannot do, for adult entertainment until the politicians can put the own house in order, do not presume to tell others how to conduct themselves in the privacy of a registered club "

Sounds just like a police state.

By *omma49Man  over a year ago

GLASGOW

Not at all, if things are regulated then the people who people-traffick wouldn't be able to, thus preventing the exploitation of women from the European Union, as often happens nowadays regulation means legitimate taxes for the UK government which is no bad thing as it seems to work in Holland

"Not at all, if things are regulated then the people who people-traffick wouldn't be able to, thus preventing the exploitation of women from the European Union, as often happens nowadays regulation means legitimate taxes for the UK government which is no bad thing as it seems to work in Holland "

tomma its not quite that simple, to paraphrase shakespeare "theres something rotten in the state of holland"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/4663841.stm

No doubt there are other articles on this subject to be found online.

Glasgow

"Not at all, if things are regulated then the people who people-traffick wouldn't be able to, thus preventing the exploitation of women from the European Union, as often happens nowadays regulation means legitimate taxes for the UK government which is no bad thing as it seems to work in Holland "

Just regulating/ legalising something doesn't make it all OK.

Tobacco, alcohol, DVDs etc are all available legally yet there's a flourishing underground market.

By *hristian1981Man  over a year ago

dundee

Ive been in babydolls recently. . Should off arrested most the staff for being fugly tbh

Since when did Club Earth in Livingston become a lap dancing club???

Glasgow

"Since when did Club Earth in Livingston become a lap dancing club??? "

You may have to ask Stephen House.

Glasgow

Now he's got his eye on Wickerman.

"CHIEF Constable Stephen House wants to ban middle-aged punter from drinking whisky, gin and other spirits at the family-friendly music festival."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/wickerman-festival-music-fans-vent-3806190

By *araidWoman  over a year ago

the west (ish)

"Now he's got his eye on Wickerman.

"CHIEF Constable Stephen House wants to ban middle-aged punter from drinking whisky, gin and other spirits at the family-friendly music festival."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/wickerman-festival-music-fans-vent-3806190"

IS he a real living breathing man with a pulse all of his own? I suspect our Police service is in the hands of an automaton escaped from planet boreutosleep and on a mission to take over the earth while we all snooze.

Ha!

Of course, if no-one leaves their house, there will be very little crime to detect so he gets an easy life.

"I've written before about Kenny MacAskill's plans to revert Scotland to an adult desert - closing saunas etc.

Now it's lap dancing clubs.

"200 police officers swooped on three lap dancing clubs including one in Glasgow.

Scores of police swooped on three clubs and the home of owner ***** *******.

Officers from Police Scotland, the Security Industry Authority and the new UK Visas and Immigration unit hit Glasgow's Diamond Dolls club, Baby Dolls showbar in Edinburgh and Club Earth in Livingston.

Officers were looking for victims of human trafficking, illegal workers and drugs.

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said a 30-year-old was arrested in connection with possession of an offensive weapon while a 30-year-old woman was reported for drug offences.""

Sorry i don't see the problem

the west (ish)

Should've gone to specsavers?

if someone breaks the law they get arrested its always been that way is it not ?

the west (ish)

Yes but over-policing can be antagonistic

the other way to look at it is someone you care about could be hurt or worse by the idiot with a weapon then you would ask the question were were the police would you not ????

the west (ish)

I'm not sure whether you really are missing the point here or just being deliberately obtuse in the hope of provoking argument. Either way, lets agree to differ on this one.

"I'm not sure whether you really are missing the point here or just being deliberately obtuse in the hope of provoking argument. Either way, lets agree to differ on this one."
agreed

I think this is a sadly mis-informed and poorly thought out overtly political attack (otherwise why name Kenny McAskill?) His job is to see justice is done... and clearly it is being done.

Bizarre.

the west (ish)

Well everyone is entitled to their view but my grouse is more against Steven House actually. I do not agree that I am sadly misinformed and poorly thought out of course - but then I would say that wouldnt I? Allowing each to own an opinion is surely not at all bizarre.

» Add a new message to this topic