FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Lansoprazole

Lansoprazole

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *riggsboy123 OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ive been on this for a few years now essentially on the maintenance dose of 60mg per day which is the accepted norm but over the past few weeks the reflux has really kicked up such that ive been taking 90 or 120 per day. Does anyone else routinely take this much? I must say ive had no adverse effects from this high dose plus half the population takes PPI's so its not as if theyre remotely harmful.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure half the population needs proton pump inhibitors. If you're needing such a high dose is there something else that can be done? Surgery maybe?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have been on them for a long time ( around 20 years) but found if i take them as regularly as i am ment too i get ore problems. Now i only take one every other day and found that they work better

By *riggsboy123 OP   Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

My gp said "half the population takes these" Ok maybe not litrelly but they are v v common. My helicobacter pylori came back negative and he did put me on metachlopramide which has helped marginally but i still get days where i need 120.

Gonna spk to doc think the next step is an endoscopy.

By *z ThongzWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Fab nhs advice line

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

Gonna spk to doc "

Best thing you have said

By *awk3y3Man  over a year ago

West Lothian

Not to make light of the OP's situation I genuinely thought Lansoprazole was an island in the Canary Islands near Lanzarote ..... best if I don't pass on any nuggets of info and agree that a doc should be consulted... good luck

» Add a new message to this topic