FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Have smartphones ruined things?

Have smartphones ruined things?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok, I know these gadgets are very useful in ways but I just feel that they are a bit of double edged sword.

People are constantly checking their phones rather than actually interacting with actual people in their company. I find the most cringeworthy thing is looking over at a table of people in a bar and they are all on their phones.

Another thing that annoys me is people filming at gigs and then getting annoyed when you bump into them by jumping about and enjoying the gig.

Is anyone with me on this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes and no have their benefits but do agree its off putting when someone would rather check their fone than speak face to face but defo have their uses great for those with no sense of direction or settling arguments ah google lol or of course checking your fab messages very useful if lost at social for example or find a better venue in a hurry lol

my personal bugbear is predictive text and my big digits little keyboard not a good mix apologies to all who have had to read my stranger miss spelled rants lol

so all in all a mixed bag but for me good outweighs the bad

By *rown eyes 8Woman  over a year ago

South Eastern Spain and Scotland

"Ok, I know these gadgets are very useful in ways but I just feel that they are a bit of double edged sword.

People are constantly checking their phones rather than actually interacting with actual people in their company. I find the most cringeworthy thing is looking over at a table of people in a bar and they are all on their phones.

Another thing that annoys me is people filming at gigs and then getting annoyed when you bump into them by jumping about and enjoying the gig.

Is anyone with me on this? "

I am......

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

I dont agree...

They are great things!

Its the ignorant people that use them in company that annoy me

By *wiftieeMan  over a year ago

near Glasgow

What smartphones seem to have ruined is peoples' ability to think for themselves.

The first thing I do when I get a new phone, or download a new keyboard, is to switch off predictive text! I really don't need a bloomin phone to think for me, thanks very much!

"I dont agree...

They are great things!

Its the ignorant people that use them in company that annoy me "

Always remember a social and the guy spent most of it on his phone talking to someone lol.

So for things like that annoying as hell. But great for when I'm lost or needin an easier way to plan meets

They're great when you're on your own, can do almost anything on a smartphone. I rarely use mine when in company though, find it rude when people are constantly on theirs when I'm talking to them

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Know a fair few folk who do this really annoys me if you find more intresting dont bother coming out

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Know a fair few folk who do this really annoys me if you find more intresting dont bother coming out "

Completely agree.

That being said, my kids love them as they keep them occupied when waiting for food in restaurants for example

I try not to use my phone when I'm out, but sometimes I have to if I get an I gent message or call from work. To which I apologise before answering, make it as brief as I can, then apologise after use.

By *awk3y3Man  over a year ago

West Lothian

rule no 1 in the pub, first one to lift their phone or activate the screen pays the WHOLE bar bill rather than split it like we usually do ... makes for more conversation and phone free night

Well I.use my fone when.away from.home like just now lol in work by the way lol so yes can be handy but agree foned should be off unless answering urgent calls or messages and not at the expense of goof ol fashioned human interaction lol

"I try not to use my phone when I'm out, but sometimes I have to if I get an I gent message or call from work. To which I apologise before answering, make it as brief as I can, then apologise after use. "

Doh should be urgent not I gent - lol!

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

I agree with it being rude to be constantly on your phone when out with a friend or friends. I only check if I get a text just in case it's my daughter. If it's not, the phone goes back in my bag.

Agreed

been in situations were people have been glued to their phones, but i see it as a challenge to find a way to engage with them

failing that liver and fava beans for the rude cu....

Almost said the c word but scared some of the fab ladies might lynch me

» Add a new message to this topic