FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Clarkson luv him or hate him.

Clarkson luv him or hate him.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sure most have seen the news and the allegation of using the N word. Not a racist but is PC going to far? When you can't call it a black board or sing Blah blah black sheep?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Gotta respect him for his apology anyways. Agree we are too pc sometimes. However JC has acted with dignity and spoken to the public in a decent manner. End of!

No doubt the media will try and ruin him

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Agreed.

dont like his shows, not really interested.Dont like his entertainment value either.......

good for the apology of course, but it isnt a word we want to hear being used by any group..unless of course thats the side of the fence that u sit on.........

its not not the kind of free speech people mean..most know this via common sense and decency.

we dont accept free speech when its intent is to harm people...hence we dont allow things like lets make a dead baby joke pages on facebook...cos I have a inane sense of humour and disregard for people in general...really funny making jokes about still born babies...theres no harm really..free speech and all eh?

Colin Powell was asked what favouite movie remake would be. Without hesitation he answered 633 Squadron. Oh surely not said the PC reporter!

Guy Gibson's dog was called N****r

He's like the rest of us human and his views might not be what you agree on but id say he lives on the edge looking for a scrap and in this instance hes got it but not the attention he was looking for

You must be a really sad person to be able to make it out if you hear it the first time you listen you must be dam good. Anyway everybody said something they should, .nt have so please now he said he,s sorry ,lets leave it.. he,s getting treated like he killed someone. Give some air time to the really bad ppl out there who deserve to get hounded.

Never been a fan of him

for the anoraks out there,633 Squadron was a Mosquito flying unit from WW2 that flew bouncing bombs a bit like curling stones and was made into a film starring David Mccallum,617 Squadron ,the Dambusters ,during ww2 was commanded by Guy Gibson whose pet Labrador was called the offending word ,the dogs death plays a bit part in the film too,---God I do sound like an anorak now,Youtube the theme tunes good stirring music too

Regardless of what you say, you'll probably manage to offend someone or a group of people somewhere with your views, it's the nature of humans.

I don't think this was in any way meant as a racist slur, its more playground humour that, lets be honest, he should know better about getting involved in.

The one person who will be creaming himself over this is Piers Morgan though!

I can't stand the man. He's used racial slurs before ("slope" anyone?) His apology is an insincere way of covering his arse.

"Sure most have seen the news and the allegation of using the N word. Not a racist but is PC going to far? When you can't call it a black board or sing Blah blah black sheep? "

But neither of those things are really banned anywhere. PC shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, it should just be renamed as "being polite." Far harder to object to and achieves the same thing.

I hate the whole pc bullshit, they condemn clarkson for it, but on the streets, young black lads and white lads, who are friends, use the term as a greeting, if someone is looking to be offended, then they will find something somewhere, it's a mine field to debate, and it's Friday, and ill be eating a chinky tonight

"...and it's Friday, and ill be eating a chinky tonight "

With respect, sir, you are a buffoon.

Don't call me sir, i work for a living and your opinion is like arseholes, everyone has one, freespeech should mean just that

Actually, UK doesn't have unrestricted freedom of speech:

”United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law. In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace (which has been used to prohibit racist speech targeted at individuals),sending another any article which is indecent or grossly offensive with an intent to cause distress or anxiety (which has been used to prohibit speech of a racist or anti-religious nature), incitement, incitement to racial hatred, incitement to religious hatred, incitement to terrorism including encouragement of terrorism and dissemination of terrorist publications,glorifying terrorism,collection or possession of a document or record containing information likely to be of use to a terrorist,treason including compassing or imagining the death of the monarch or advocating for the abolition of the monarchy (which cannot be successfully prosecuted),sedition,obscenity,indecency including corruption of public morals and outraging public decency, defamation,prior restraint, restrictions on court reporting including names of victims and evidence and prejudicing or interfering with court proceedings, prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors, scandalising the court by criticising or murmuring judges, time, manner, and place restrictions, harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, and limitations on commercial speech such as advertising."

Just saying'...

I believe in free speech but not casual rasist terms. I am old enough to remember when these names were in general use but surely in this day and age out of respect we can stop using derogotery names for peoples skin colour or religiion.

Looks like we're back to the time of the nazis, when the government deem what we can and cannot say, i agree with some, but the lunacy of what is offensive is laughable in most cases, this is a country that makes celebrating christmas offensive, because it might upset minorities in the community, so happy holidays it is then, Westminster wants to get it's head out of the eurocrauts arses and then maybe we can get along without all this pc bullcrap, anyway i don't think we can sort out the countries problems on a swinging site, though maybe if they took up the lifestyle, they might all chill t.f. out

By *0JOMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Bingo!! The nazi word appeared much sooner than expected.

"I believe in free speech but not casual rasist terms. I am old enough to remember when these names were in general use but surely in this day and age out of respect we can stop using derogotery names for peoples skin colour or religiion."

"Bingo!! The nazi word appeared much sooner than expected. "

Godwin's Law. Lol

[Removed by poster at 02/05/14 13:29:07]

[Removed by poster at 02/05/14 13:29:47]

PC for me has gone way to far can't do this or say that does my head in I don't condone clarkson or anyone who is rasict but come on get a grip

Hate's a strong word.........but he is a fucking bawbag of a guy

"Actually, UK doesn't have unrestricted freedom of speech:

”United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law. In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic

law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace (which has been used to prohibit racist speech targeted at individuals),sending another any article which is indecent or grossly offensive with an intent to cause distress or anxiety (which has been used to prohibit speech of a racist or anti-religious nature), incitement, incitement to racial hatred, incitement to religious hatred, incitement to terrorism including encouragement of terrorism and dissemination of terrorist publications,glorifying terrorism,collection or possession of a document or record containing information likely to be of use to a terrorist,treason including compassing or imagining the death of the monarch or advocating for the abolition of the monarchy (which cannot be successfully prosecuted),sedition,obscenity,indecency including corruption of public morals and outraging public decency, defamation,prior restraint, restrictions on court reporting including names of victims and evidence and prejudicing or interfering with court proceedings, prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors, scandalising the court by criticising or murmuring judges, time, manner, and place restrictions, harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, and limitations on commercial speech such as advertising."

Just saying'..."

phew thats that then lol

I think you need to put your anorak back in the wardrobe. Most of your info is correct, however 617 Sqdn was the Dambusters flying Wellington bombers who dropped the bouncing bombs in the Ruhr valley, not 633. 633 Sqdn were tasked with destroying the German V2 Rocket fuel plant in Norway.

I miss the jam jar golly wogg

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

Many years ago I worked in London and everyone called me "Jock". Did I go home and night and cry into my pillow? Not a chance! I actually enjoyed it as it proved to be a talking point with the ladies. Nowadays is is deemed racist

I am also old enough to remember that nursery rhyme being told to me and my sister. Was my dear old mum a racist? She didn't have a racist bone in her body.

The world has gone PC mad. It provides work for lawyers and sound bites for suitably outraged spokepeople.

I am all in favour of rooting out genuine racist behaviour and dealing with it harshly but you can't rewrite history and that nursery rhyme has been around for generations.

I also had a golliwog toy as a child. Did it affect the way the way I view black or coloured people? My dear old mum used to put it beside me when i slept as i liked it that much.

Just watched the video and his apology.

He obviously did try to mumble the word, but it's still slightly audible.

Does that make him a racist..in my opinion no.

His apology was appropriate and sincere it seemed to me.

You don't hear people get their knickers in a twist about the much bigger problems in the world, small minds...

"Just watched the video and his apology.

He obviously did try to mumble the word, but it's still slightly audible.

Does that make him a racist..in my opinion no.

His apology was appropriate and sincere it seemed to me.

You don't hear people get their knickers in a twist about the much bigger problems in the world, small minds..."

that could have been a smartphone spelling mistake nitemare of the decade lol...with B and N so close lolol

"Many years ago I worked in London and everyone called me "Jock". Did I go home and night and cry into my pillow? Not a chance! I actually enjoyed it as it proved to be a talking point with the ladies. Nowadays is is deemed racist

I am also old enough to remember that nursery rhyme being told to me and my sister. Was my dear old mum a racist? She didn't have a racist bone in her body.

The world has gone PC mad. It provides work for lawyers and sound bites for suitably outraged spokepeople.

I am all in favour of rooting out genuine racist behaviour and dealing with it harshly but you can't rewrite history and that nursery rhyme has been around for generations.

I also had a golliwog toy as a child. Did it affect the way the way I view black or coloured people? My dear old mum used to put it beside me when i slept as i liked it that much."

I certainly do not think your mother was a racist in any shape or form as that was the deemed acceptable at the time.Again some of us has moved on. When a large part of the worlds population say it is not an acceptable word then please take heed.

Like another poster I have been called Ginger and fat and a sweaty sock by our southern cousins but I am not offended however people are offended by the " N " word so why us it ????

"Many years ago I worked in London and everyone called me "Jock". Did I go home and night and cry into my pillow? Not a chance! I actually enjoyed it as it proved to be a talking point with the ladies. Nowadays is is deemed racist

I also had a golliwog toy as a child. Did it affect the way the way I view black or coloured people? My dear old mum used to put it beside me when i slept as i liked it that much.

I certainly do not think your mother was a racist in any shape or form as that was the deemed acceptable at the time.Again some of us has moved on. When a large part of the worlds population say it is not an acceptable word then please take heed.

Like another poster I have been called Ginger and fat and a sweaty sock by our southern cousins but I am not offended however people are offended by the " N " word so why us it ????"

fucking sockists!

Like another poster I have been called Ginger and fat and a sweaty sock by our southern cousins but I am not offended however people are offended by the " N " word so why us it ????

fucking sockists! "

5 for a pound !!!!!

Hate is too strong.....very much dislike and resent that via the bbc we pay him handsomely to be an utter twonk...

Really hate him lol

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

LOVE him

Id move on, theres a lot more serious things happening in the world today surley?

Media make money out of stories like this & keeping it going makes them even more money.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

i dont hate him and i certainly dont love him..he sometimes annoys me but Thats my fault for watching and anyone that can make a fortune for themselves i wish them best of luck...god Thats a wee bit sensible

"for the anoraks out there,633 Squadron was a Mosquito flying unit from WW2 that flew bouncing bombs a bit like curling stones and was made into a film starring David Mccallum,617 Squadron ,the Dambusters ,during ww2 was commanded by Guy Gibson whose pet Labrador was called the offending word ,the dogs death plays a bit part in the film too,---God I do sound like an anorak now,Youtube the theme tunes good stirring music too "

Yeah you do, Google sometimes isn't your friend x

I love Jeremy Clarkson, his dry wit is brill. Too many in this day in age take things far beyond there meaning. Bring back the old school comics when a joke was a joke whether you were black, white, pink, green, fat, skinny or inbetween, had a tick or a gamma leg..........ffs I hate all this p.c shite xx

FFS leave Clarkson be...! He didn't mean to offend. Everyone KNOWS what he's like...if he'd wanted to offend, it would have been totally unmistakeable.

He's a good bloke, funny a lot of the time, a national treasure, and in one of the most entertaining programmes on the box. Ok, he gets thing wrong at times, but then again who doesn't from time to time...it's just his screw-ups are mostly in the public eye...just be glad yours aren't.

If anyone wants someone to have a go at, Piers Morgan is a completely legitimate target...that pompous smug arse makes me ashamed to be British.

"FFS leave Clarkson be...! He didn't mean to offend. Everyone KNOWS what he's like...if he'd wanted to offend, it would have been totally unmistakeable.

He's a good bloke, funny a lot of the time, a national treasure, and in one of the most entertaining programmes on the box. Ok, he gets thing wrong at times, but then again who doesn't from time to time...it's just his screw-ups are mostly in the public eye...just be glad yours aren't.

If anyone wants someone to have a go at, Piers Morgan is a completely legitimate target...that pompous smug arse makes me ashamed to be British."

you forgot to add total lack of personality "up anyone's arse" Peirs x

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

"Hate is too strong.....very much dislike and resent that via the bbc we pay him handsomely to be an utter twonk... "

So how much does it cost the BBC to pay him to present their most profitable worldwide export?

Some people really need to get a life and stop nitpicking. Hell of a lot worse happening on our planet but a lot of the narrow minds cant see further than the tip of their nose. Item wasn't broadcast so it should not be of concern... typical quiet news day for some hacks.

time to build a bridge and get over it !!

"Some people really need to get a life and stop nitpicking. Hell of a lot worse happening on our planet but a lot of the narrow minds cant see further than the tip of their nose. Item wasn't broadcast so it should not be of concern... typical quiet news day for some hacks.

"

i going to get shot for this but i still have a Robertsons gollywog doll in loft i never knew what racism was until pc brigade made it a issue ..how can the n word be offensive when bands such as nwa used it the world gone mad

"Some people really need to get a life and stop nitpicking. Hell of a lot worse happening on our planet but a lot of the narrow minds cant see further than the tip of their nose. Item wasn't broadcast so it should not be of concern... typical quiet news day for some hacks.

i going to get shot for this but i still have a Robertsons gollywog doll in loft i never knew what racism was until pc brigade made it a issue ..how can the n word be offensive when bands such as nwa used it the world gone mad "

there is a negative side to being called a cunt isnt there?-

thats essentially what it is with rap music/ethnic urban street stuff

I'm far removed from that type of environment, not into that side of the culture..so it IS a word that will offend me, coming from whites or blacks.

people around where I grew up(considered a scum area), would say 'darky'- not always aimed to offend to be honest...anyone that ever used the word nigger always wanted to offend/hurt/ridicule/dehumanize

"

Holy crap on a cracker. So many points - and so many of them missed...

*backs away from the scary people*

By *homasP80Man  over a year ago

Linwood

Not the first time JC has been in trouble for saying something out of content.

I don't mind him at times.

But surly using the "N" word is too far, ok he has sincerely apologised, but think if this was yourself your work, you would be instantly suspended and almost certainly without pay (my job certainly would). And possibly even sack you for "racist" comments.

Yea, I know a lot of things have went to PC now, so surly he'd be more careful.

Lol either you Google'd that or a lawyer and that case I hate you lol

Yip I've got past history with a lawyer but suppose somebody has to work for the devil !

"Actually, UK doesn't have unrestricted freedom of speech:

”United Kingdom citizens have a negative right to freedom of expression under the common law. In 1998, the United Kingdom incorporated the European Convention, and the guarantee of freedom of expression it contains in Article 10, into its domestic law under the Human Rights Act. However there is a broad sweep of exceptions including threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior intending or likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress or cause a breach of the peace (which has been used to prohibit racist speech targeted at individuals),sending another any article which is indecent or grossly offensive with an intent to cause distress or anxiety (which has been used to prohibit speech of a racist or anti-religious nature), incitement, incitement to racial hatred, incitement to religious hatred, incitement to terrorism including encouragement of terrorism and dissemination of terrorist publications,glorifying terrorism,collection or possession of a document or record containing information likely to be of use to a terrorist,treason including compassing or imagining the death of the monarch or advocating for the abolition of the monarchy (which cannot be successfully prosecuted),sedition,obscenity,indecency including corruption of public morals and outraging public decency, defamation,prior restraint, restrictions on court reporting including names of victims and evidence and prejudicing or interfering with court proceedings, prohibition of post-trial interviews with jurors, scandalising the court by criticising or murmuring judges, time, manner, and place restrictions, harassment, privileged communications, trade secrets, classified material, copyright, patents, military conduct, and limitations on commercial speech such as advertising."

Just saying'..."

"I think you need to put your anorak back in the wardrobe. Most of your info is correct, however 617 Sqdn was the Dambusters flying Wellington bombers who dropped the bouncing bombs in the Ruhr valley, not 633. 633 Sqdn were tasked with destroying the German V2 Rocket fuel plant in Norway."

Hate to go super anorak mode here, but the Dambusters dropped the bouncing bombs (codenamed "upkeep") from modified Lancaster bombers on the night of the raid, though the bomb was test dropped from modified Wellington

Linwood

[Removed by poster at 06/05/14 03:02:54]

Linwood

"Sure most have seen the news and the allegation of using the N word. Not a racist but is PC going to far? When you can't call it a black board or sing Blah blah black sheep? "

Yea, but apparently also teachers can't say "black board", and kids ain't taught bah bah black sheep, it's re-worded.

Any teachers confirm this?.

The old PC brigade strikes again.

"Sure most have seen the news and the allegation of using the N word. Not a racist but is PC going to far? When you can't call it a black board or sing Blah blah black sheep?

Yea, but apparently also teachers can't say "black board", and kids ain't taught bah bah black sheep, it's re-worded.

The old PC brigade strikes again."

I think this is the acceptable replacement....

Baa, baa rainbow sheep, have you any wool ?

Yes person yes person, three (environmentally friendly trading standards approved) bags full;

One each for the gender equality ( and non age discriminated) community leader,

As well as one for the young person who lives in a child friendly nanny state down the lane.

By *ScotsmanMan  over a year ago

ayrshire

i dont hate Clarkson but if anyone ever ties him down long enough can i pish on him just for a laugh?

Get over it, worse things going on in the world...

"Hate is too strong.....very much dislike and resent that via the bbc we pay him handsomely to be an utter twonk...

So how much does it cost the BBC to pay him to present their most profitable worldwide export?"

Actually its not the bbc most profitable worldwide export, its Clarkson and his mate that actually own the rights to the show and there production company that make it,

"Hate is too strong.....very much dislike and resent that via the bbc we pay him handsomely to be an utter twonk...

So how much does it cost the BBC to pay him to present their most profitable worldwide export?"

If internet reports are accurate his presenters salary is close to a million....which is paid out of the licence fee. It's up to personal opinion whether that's money well spent.....

"Sure most have seen the news and the allegation of using the N word. Not a racist but is PC going to far? When you can't call it a black board or sing Blah blah black sheep?

The old PC brigade strikes again.

I think this is the acceptable replacement....

Baa, baa rainbow sheep, have you any wool ?

Yes person yes person, three (environmentally friendly trading standards approved) bags full;

One each for the gender equality ( and non age discriminated) community leader,

As well as one for the young person who lives in a child friendly nanny state down the lane.

"

Bloody hell Jinty (can I say bloody hell) you worked hard on that one

But neither of those things are really banned anywhere. PC shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, it should just be renamed as "being polite." Far harder to object to and achieves the same thing."

Thanks for the heads up, as in, we can now block you just in case you ever got in touch!

"I love Jeremy Clarkson, his dry wit is brill. Too many in this day in age take things far beyond there meaning. Bring back the old school comics when a joke was a joke whether you were black, white, pink, green, fat, skinny or inbetween, had a tick or a gamma leg..........ffs I hate all this p.c shite xx"

Absolutely, pretty pathetice that others CHOOSE to be that way.

Sitting about just waiting to be "offended".

"I think you need to put your anorak back in the wardrobe. Most of your info is correct, however 617 Sqdn was the Dambusters flying Wellington bombers who dropped the bouncing bombs in the Ruhr valley, not 633. 633 Sqdn were tasked with destroying the German V2 Rocket fuel plant in Norway.

Hate to go super anorak mode here, but the Dambusters dropped the bouncing bombs (codenamed "upkeep") from modified Lancaster bombers on the night of the raid, though the bomb was test dropped from modified Wellington "

Thank god i thought I was the only anorak on here,617Sqn dropped the bouncing bomb ,it looked liked an oil drum on the dams raid using modified Lancasters ( bomb bay had to be altered and upper gun turret removed ) ,testing as indicated was done using a Wellington bomber,633 Sqn did drop another smaller version of the bomb that looked like a fat curling stone ,using Mosquitto aircraft.

Off now to circle the office with with my fingers as goggles while humming the tune to Dambusters ---go on you know the tune.

Back to Clarkson I note that not much is being made of his reply/explanation that was in the Sun or is this just another swipe at him by his detractors

One thing I think we can all agree on: Jeremy Clarkson's lawyer must be minted!

But neither of those things are really banned anywhere. PC shouldn't be seen as a bad thing, it should just be renamed as "being polite." Far harder to object to and achieves the same thing."

A little sensitivity and consideration for others would go an awful long way for some... But you'll find that being a voice of lefty reason on here is swimming against the tide

"A little sensitivity and consideration for others would go an awful long way for some... But you'll find that being a voice of lefty reason on here is swimming against the tide "

I do seem to have to do a lot of swimming here I've noticed. Still, it's good exercise

I used to live on the Isle of Man where he has a house and he was always bugging the locals like fencing off a foot path cos he thought it went over his land. Outcome. One fence ripped up and over the cliff it went !

"One thing I think we can all agree on: Jeremy Clarkson's lawyer must be minted!"

...and have great job-security

» Add a new message to this topic