FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Sex Shops In Glasgow

Sex Shops In Glasgow

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Apart from the one in Gallowgate, does any one know of any city centre sex shops in town (as in central)?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

DVD exchange next to high court.

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

What sort of thing you looking for as some other shops do sell things toys poppers etc

"Apart from the one in Gallowgate, does any one know of any city centre sex shops in town (as in central)?

"

Google is your friend.....silks, it is in Clarkson road....

The video shop referred to is not a sex shop, it sells adult videos and some toys, my friend owns it lol......

There is also an Anne summers in argyll street as well as another shop who's name escapes me the other side of Central station on argyll street

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Apart from the one in Gallowgate, does any one know of any city centre sex shops in town (as in central)?

The video shop referred to is not a sex shop, it sells adult videos and some toys, my friend owns it lol......

There is also an Anne summers in argyll street as well as another shop who's name escapes me the other side of Central station on argyll street"

silks and secrets

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Glasgow City Council decided years ago

"Be advised that, in the past, applications for a sex shop licence have been refused on the grounds that the committee felt that the number of sex shops for the locality (ie. Glasgow) should be nil."

they also point out

"The application form must be accompanied by the non-refundable lodging fee of £12,061 and 6 sets of plans showing the layout of the premises. "

ie you have to pay £12K (+ architects fees) to apply and the number of licences available is 0.

There is also an Anne summers in argyll street as well as another shop who's name escapes me the other side of Central station on argyll street

silks and secrets"

That's the one.....

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

There's Party Times at the edge if the Barras, I think that's London rd? It sells "fancy dress" outfits and has a selection of "adult" orientated goods.

"DVD exchange next to high court."

I have been informed that this is indeed a sex shop...

"Glasgow City Council decided years ago

"Be advised that, in the past, applications for a sex shop licence have been refused on the grounds that the committee felt that the number of sex shops for the locality (ie. Glasgow) should be nil."

they also point out

"The application form must be accompanied by the non-refundable lodging fee of £12,061 and 6 sets of plans showing the layout of the premises. "

ie you have to pay £12K (+ architects fees) to apply and the number of licences available is 0.

"

Sadly, it doesn't take a genius to work out why they think like this.........

Glasgow

"...........

Sadly, it doesn't take a genius to work out why they think like this......... "

It won't have helped that one of the busier sex-type shops decided to open directly across the street from a very busy place of worship.

Silks and Secrets sell underwear, pole shoes, and other items for your adult entertainment... I like the pole shoes and underwear.

By *he Enigmatic MagnetMan  over a year ago

Glasgow West

OK... Forgive my ignorance, but what makes Pole Shoes different from any other shoes?

They have huge platforms, sky high heels, heavier, and the toes are not on the floor so you can swivel easier.

They are sometimes known as stripper shoes too.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for all the answers, it looks like Glasgow is a little light on sex shops! No chance of there being a sex cinema at all then

Glasgow

"Thanks for all the answers, it looks like Glasgow is a little light on sex shops! No chance of there being a sex cinema at all then "

Glasgow City Council would say the city has the right number of sex shops.

If Glasgow folk want this changed, they'll have to write to their councillors (but I wouldn't hold my breath).

» Add a new message to this topic