FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Respect

Respect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *r and Mrs Snogalot OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

What does it mean to you, and why do you think people have a hard time respecting someones right to an opinion on here?

My biggest bug bear over the last few weeks when trolling the forum is the lack of basic respect. We are all entitled to opinions, you don't have to agree, but it would be nice if you could respect that right.

I inow this behaviour is not limited to fab, but for some reason it seems worse coming from people who, in my opinion, should understand the need to reapect others and not be judgemental.

Shy

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

forums are for a variety of things,, sharing opinions, ideas, agreeing with them, puting another angle on them and indeed dissagreeing is part n part of how to input on a forum if it seems apt.

"What does it mean to you, and why do you think people have a hard time respecting someones right to an opinion on here?

My biggest bug bear over the last few weeks when trolling the forum is the lack of basic respect. We are all entitled to opinions, you don't have to agree, but it would be nice if you could respect that right.

I inow this behaviour is not limited to fab, but for some reason it seems worse coming from people who, in my opinion, should understand the need to reapect others and not be judgemental.

Shy "

Respect has gone in every day life And i dont think it will be back soon And we all play a part in it

Glasgow

"forums are for a variety of things,, sharing opinions, ideas, agreeing with them, puting another angle on them and indeed dissagreeing is part n part of how to input on a forum if it seems apt.

"

Absolutely agree with you. I have said before you don't have to agree with me. But there is most definitely a way of doing so respectfully

Shy x

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

People should always be able to post their opinions and views. Seen a few posts criticised because they are apparently causing conflict or disharmony on the forum when all they are doing is posting an opposing view on something.

It's an adult site and we should all be able to discuss and debate in an adult manner. As long as the posts aren't abusive then there shouldn't be a problem

In an ideal world, live and let live, and if you cannot say anything nice don't say anything at all, especially if the posting doesn't affect you.

I don't expect to receive or see respect. It's fine if you are someone who doesn't meet instantly, a woman inundated with messages and can afford to be picky and only meet people you have got to know and like over a period of time.

The reason why I don't really expect respect for myself or friends online is because fab isnt any different from the real world.

On here, I do need to be aware of people who are not right in the head, and with others it's almost like they enjoy and cannot resist being nasty.

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

You can easily lose respect for someone based on their opinion.....

Really depends on the topic and how they put their opinion across...

It can be done nicely or in most cases just down right nastily.....

And thats MY OPINION

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"You can easily lose respect for someone based on their opinion.....

And thats MY OPINION "

This

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

And thats MY OPINION "

Mine too

Is it just me that cant get Erasure .."A little respect" out my head

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"

Mine too

Is it just me that cant get Erasure .."A little respect" out my head "

Until now...Yes it was!!!

Sod

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

"

Mine too

Is it just me that cant get Erasure .."A little respect" out my head

Until now...Yes it was!!!

Sod "

It's R E S P E C T going thro my head thankfully - I am NOT am erasure fan at all - prob because john is and listens to them a LOT

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I was always brought up to respect others and i do believe i give people the respect they deserve but if someone doesnt give that respect back then no i dont show them respect instead i just ignore them,ive used this saying may times one here and maybe just maybe it does make one or two stop and think before posting .

T.H.I.N.K. before you speak... is what you are about to say True, Helpful, Inspirational, Necessary and Kind? If not, you might want to reconsider or rephrase!

Happy swinging people

Glasgow

And thats MY OPINION "

And thats MY OPINION "

Iv totaly lost all respect for you now after that opinion!!! Things will never be the same as they once were

"forums are for a variety of things,, sharing opinions, ideas, agreeing with them, puting another angle on them and indeed dissagreeing is part n part of how to input on a forum if it seems apt.

Absolutely agree with you. I have said before you don't have to agree with me. But there is most definitely a way of doing so respectfully

Shy x "

I was never taught as a separate quality, Respect, it tended to be there automatically with Honesty, which i was taught. Shown how decieving and lieing was not good, how it would catch up on you and make you look a fool if you chose to lie.

Liars though, often have their little bits of success, whether it be in every day life, crafty dodgers,people simply telling you what you want to hear with the overall goal of it benefiting only them.

When thats realised, often the respect goes.

I've read this thread as hinting at, "i'd prefer it if you agree with me even if you dont,would prefer and respect you more if you just agree thanks". Its nice, not very honest though to choose to do that though really is it.

I was brought up to respect my elders and the law of the land.

Now I respect those that deserve it. Respect is not an automatic given. It is something you have to earn.

Too many people on forums are so far up their own back end they do not deserve to be answered never mind respected.

I have lived the best part of my life in and around a Buddhist community. I follow a thing called MINDFULNESS. I listen to what others have to say but I am Mindful in my thoughts, my speech and my actions

If I think your opinion is tainted in any way I will not correct you as that

Is your opinion not mine.

» Add a new message to this topic