FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Jacs' Glasgow Xmas Social... A wee Idea

Jacs' Glasgow Xmas Social... A wee Idea

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *l couple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

This post is intended to float a wee idea and see if people are interested. Please don't reply if all you have to say is "It's too soon..." Yawn.

The Idea... Last year we organised a wee limo ride around town in conjunction with the social. It was a great wee ride around town to take us to the venue.

We've taken on board feedback. 1) that it was a good laugh and 2) the limo was a bit small for the number of people.

So this year we've been in touch with a company about hiring a PARTY BUS!!!!.

Ok, so i know its a long way away, but if its to work it needs to be booked early doors. That way we know we've got it and everything is organised.

So, if you are going to the social (as in you've said you're going and paid your deposit) and you would love to boogie away in a party bus, then register your interest here.

There are 14 spots available (us not counted) and cost is approx £14 a head (to be confirmed properly soon...).

Pickup will likely be one point in the city centre then heading to the venue. This might change depending on where the majority of interested people are staying.

So...let us know if you're interested!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"This post is intended to float a wee idea and see if people are interested. Please don't reply if all you have to say is "It's too soon..." Yawn.

The Idea... Last year we organised a wee limo ride around town in conjunction with the social. It was a great wee ride around town to take us to the venue.

We've taken on board feedback. 1) that it was a good laugh and 2) the limo was a bit small for the number of people.

So this year we've been in touch with a company about hiring a PARTY BUS!!!!.

Ok, so i know its a long way away, but if its to work it needs to be booked early doors. That way we know we've got it and everything is organised.

So, if you are going to the social (as in you've said you're going and paid your deposit) and you would love to boogie away in a party bus, then register your interest here.

There are 14 spots available (us not counted) and cost is approx £14 a head (to be confirmed properly soon...).

Pickup will likely be one point in the city centre then heading to the venue. This might change depending on where the majority of interested people are staying.

So...let us know if you're interested!

"

Limo was fabulous the last time so 1 maybe 2 places for me please

Glasgow

"

Limo was fabulous the last time so 1 maybe 2 places for me please "

2 spots taken, 12 left

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

2 for me how do we pay this i love to be early

By *eatherWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

And how about a wee tour round the street then we can all shout oot the windae like the young ones do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yep!

Go for it. I loved last year and I need to expand on last year's pimp-mobile! lol

Count me in.

Jx

Glasgow

"2 for me how do we pay this i love to be early "

Its just an idea of interest just now to see if it would be worth while so not accepting payments yet. All going well and we get enough names we'll do another post with all the details.

We only need another 9 showing interest to make it worth while

By *ir laugh a lotMan  over a year ago

glasgow

_eather you can shout fares please and cmongetaff wie yer clippie uniform oan .lol

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Count me in.

1 fare please

By *olly Gentle GiantMan  over a year ago

Glenrothes

"cmongetaff "

I feel the need to translate for the non-Glaswegians.

"Cmongetaff is attributed to "Big Aggie", a fearsome conductress who worked the trams in Glasgow. A force to be reckoned with, her "car was never early nor was it late and hpassengers would not dare to override.

Anyways to translate, one can do no better than the great Stanley Baxter:

Cumongetaff is a truncation of that well known 4 word phrase:

Wudemgerrinoan gertaffsaethem gettingaff'll getoanberrer

which translated into the Queens English may be said as:

"Oh I say there - would the passengers who are presently boarding this tramcar, very kindly desist, alight and form an orderly queue on the pavement. By doing so, you will enable alighting passengers to actually alight quicker and be on their way. Thanks awfully"

Glasgow

8 spots left

» Add a new message to this topic