FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > ptsd

ptsd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adcow OP   Woman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

anyone watching the battle scarred:exit wounds programme on telly? I've heard a few people in life mock these guys saying they are puting it on so they can live on benefits once they get back on civvi street. Watching how it has affected these 4 guys is heart breaking - the different ways they have tried to adapt when they feel their demons rise just so they can keep the ones around them safe.

Its shocking to think that more ex servicemen commit suicide than are killed in the wars .

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Serious topic is serious folks...

Even more shocking when you look behind it all and find that a lot of those suicides are based on a lack of care once they get home. No benefits thanks to ATOS, shit housing and a fight from hell to get DLA. What exactly have we given them to live for?

kirkcaldy

Yep - so true. Having clinical depression is bad enough without the flashbacks and aggression they suffer only to be dismissed by our own government departments who only see a way to cut the bill down and make themselves look good by removing another person from the system.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We put guns in the Hands of boys Then washs our Hands of the men it makes of them

"Serious topic is serious folks...

Even more shocking when you look behind it all and find that a lot of those suicides are based on a lack of care once they get home. No benefits thanks to ATOS, shit housing and a fight from hell to get DLA. What exactly have we given them to live for?"

What the hell does it say about what our politicians really think about the worth of our guys & gals in our Forces???

(I've just flipped from flippant to furious)

kirkcaldy

Its good that a few of them have made it through the other side and continue to help others like them.

Its like one guy said they can spot a fellow veteran in a crowd just by the way they carry themselves and meeting them it brings back the comradery of the "family".

It's so true, when I was in the army it's all macho style and no one wants to admit their struggling

"It's so true, when I was in the army it's all macho style and no one wants to admit their struggling "

Nobody likes to think they're struggling with any problem. As with anything in life we all don't realise we aren't coping with something difficult. We don't recognise issues overtaking us or when we should reach for help. Thankfully, if a person has a good tight network of friends, be it Forces or your Fab Friends, then your buddies can see you through rough times.

"It's so true, when I was in the army it's all macho style and no one wants to admit their struggling

Nobody likes to think they're struggling with any problem. As with anything in life we all don't realise we aren't coping with something difficult. We don't recognise issues overtaking us or when we should reach for help. Thankfully, if a person has a good tight network of friends, be it Forces or your Fab Friends, then your buddies can see you through rough times. "

Great post

kirkcaldy

"It's so true, when I was in the army it's all macho style and no one wants to admit their struggling

Nobody likes to think they're struggling with any problem. As with anything in life we all don't realise we aren't coping with something difficult. We don't recognise issues overtaking us or when we should reach for help. Thankfully, if a person has a good tight network of friends, be it Forces or your Fab Friends, then your buddies can see you through rough times. "

well put . i've been suffering from depression for over a year now and without my fab friends i know i wouldn't have managed i can only hope the guys and lassies out there can find the same.

What's even harder is to be part of that family I have so many friends who have husbands/ wives / partners who have some form of ptsd and a lot of them do not seek out help and in some cases it is not offered or get told go and have a stiff drink, who then incedently turn out being alcoholics or become violent.

People who make fun of this or just say only being like this for the compo should be in the wife's/ husbands shoes.

I have seen too many people suffering with this so very sad and heartbreaking to see.

» Add a new message to this topic