FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Forum posts

Forum posts

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *bi_scotland OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Just read a post from admin on another forum that less than 1% of members post on the forums.

Surprised it was so low

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I speak 2 one female member

who dose not use the forum or chat

Yeah but some individuals on here make up for it, there always bloody posting

Pmsl

"Yeah but some individuals on here make up for it, there always bloody posting

Pmsl "

Yeah! Tell me about it

It's true never aff the bloody thing some peeps pmsl

I don't post alot. Every now and then. Some people don't even seem to realise there is forums or even chat.

"It's true never aff the bloody thing some peeps pmsl "
yeah pain in the ass!!!

"It's true never aff the bloody thing some peeps pmsl yeah pain in the ass!!! "
wil you stop referring to your bottom

I told you I like it lol

ok I will take a rest My ass is sore any way Were is Randy pmsl

Haha and he talks a load of mince!!

"It's true never aff the bloody thing some peeps pmsl yeah pain in the ass!!! ok I will take a rest My ass is sore any way Were is Randy pmsl "
oh dear another RT victim pmsl

Maybe the other 99% are timewasters

"Maybe the other 99% are timewasters "
no they not found prozac yet lol

Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought !

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought !"

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought !"
yeah its amazing the nit picking some people wil go to just to cause friction within a post too

Yes it could be But even yourself have done that in the past bud It easy done

This one seems alright

Shag any1

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought ! Yes it could be But even yourself have done that in the past bud It easy done "

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought ! Yes it could be But even yourself have done that in the past bud It easy done "
Agreed I may well of but with some it's relentless

I done two threads which I tht were good . Yes they turned into a joke but. Just go with the flow now mate

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 14/04/13 20:08:24]

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought ! Yes it could be But even yourself have done that in the past bud It easy done Agreed I may well of but with some it's relentless "
I put up somethng I wanted to do before I get much old And yes I was hope ppl would see it for what it was Not a Toga party But if that what they want mate

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought !yeah its amazing the nit picking some people wil go to just to cause friction within a post too "
So very true

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought !yeah its amazing the nit picking some people wil go to just to cause friction within a post too So very true"
Glad we agree on something

To be fair there is only so much you can comment on the original post anyway. A decent post peeps had there say end off

It wasnt exactly bout the euro crisis or world

Poverty. So it tends to turn to a bit of fun

Which is ok in my book

"To be fair there is only so much you can comment on the original post anyway. A decent post peeps had there say end off

It wasnt exactly bout the euro crisis or world

Poverty. So it tends to turn to a bit of fun

Which is ok in my book "

But don't you see that nearly all posts are hijacked ?

We didn't even know this was here until a month or so ago, but it sometimes seems a wee bit cliquey....

"We didn't even know this was here until a month or so ago, but it sometimes seems a wee bit cliquey.... "

I always thought it is a bit cliquey too, like the rooms, but I guess there just good friends, like other chat rooms.

There is not a single person on here who hasnt derailed a post of its origonal topic even this one now has been derailed by this simple question.

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .

"There is not a single person on here who hasnt derailed a post of its origonal topic even this one now has been derailed by this simple question.

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over ."

Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel

"There is not a single person on here who hasnt derailed a post of its origonal topic even this one now has been derailed by this simple question.

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel "

Agree but thats the way it is if people dont like the drivel then ignore ...even u im sure have posted drivel at some point ?

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel "

well see some peeps drivel is funny banter to others cos at the end of the day it's al about opinions yes

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel Agree but thats the way it is if people dont like the drivel then ignore ...even u im sure have posted drivel at some point ?"

of course I have been guilty like the rest but now it's becoming a joke !

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel Agree but thats the way it is if people dont like the drivel then ignore ...even u im sure have posted drivel at some point ?of course I have been guilty like the rest but now it's becoming a joke ! "

well stop posting drivel then ...that was a wee joke btw lol

Where's me popcorn?

"Where's me popcorn? "
next to the voddie n cock lol....oppps i men lol

"Where's me popcorn? "
In the cupboard I would imagine

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel Agree but thats the way it is if people dont like the drivel then ignore ...even u im sure have posted drivel at some point ?of course I have been guilty like the rest but now it's becoming a joke ! "

thats the point its a joke it's supposed to be funny

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel Agree but thats the way it is if people dont like the drivel then ignore ...even u im sure have posted drivel at some point ?of course I have been guilty like the rest but now it's becoming a joke ! thats the point its a joke it's supposed to be funny "

Not all posts are meant to be funny though , like this one wasn't

"Yeah but some individuals on here make up for it, there always bloody posting

Pmsl "

Yeah like I said earlier the post was covered jobs a good un

"Where's me popcorn? next to the voddie n cock lol....oppps i men lol "

Found it! Feet up, wine open. Prey continue

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought ! "
now thats funny

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

Hmm wonder what % of the other 99% are out shagging?

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought ! now thats funny "
So anyway what are your thoughts on the Euro crisis

"Do you think some people don't post because they are fed up with their post being hijacked and taken over ? Just a thought ! now thats funny So anyway what are your thoughts on the Euro crisis "
Oi stop hijacking this post lol

Glasgow

I think I agree with this.

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"We didn't even know this was here until a month or so ago, but it sometimes seems a wee bit cliquey.... "

I thought it was at first too, but if you just wade right in you realise its not. It's just that only a certain few bother with the forums is all.

I for one will look at myself and try not to waste any threads

edinburgh

Yep all forum threads should be about serious topics and swinging

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel I for one will look at myself and try not to waste any threads "

Well said that man !

"Yep all forum threads should be about serious topics and swinging "
SHAG anyone ?

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel I for one will look at myself and try not to waste any threads "

Maybe if everyone done that it might be a better place but that certainly wont happen anytime soon same people following others about in the forums to cause grief every where they go and people can read and see it for themselfs who do it .

so use the forums as you see fit stick within the rules n just have fun with them and ignor the idots who want to cause controversay

Some1 say shag

By *oftfocusMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

Agree! It seems almost any new thread descends rapidly into "banter",something that doesn't happen much at all in other sections.

I think the silent majority are voting with their non postings and i don't blame them.

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel I for one will look at myself and try not to waste any threads Maybe if everyone done that it might be a better place but that certainly wont happen anytime soon same people following others about in the forums to cause grief every where they go and people can read and see it for themselfs who do it .

so use the forums as you see fit stick within the rules n just have fun with them and ignor the idots who want to cause controversay "

Who are these people then ?

Controversy...nooo we dont want that now ...

All just agree ehe??

I dont think people deliberatly set out to put a forum post of topic it just happens when people join in and banter takes over .Agreed but some people just spout complete drivel I for one will look at myself and try not to waste any threads Maybe if everyone done that it might be a better place but that certainly wont happen anytime soon same people following others about in the forums to cause grief every where they go and people can read and see it for themselfs who do it .

so use the forums as you see fit stick within the rules n just have fun with them and ignor the idots who want to cause controversay Who are these people then ?"

do you really think im stupid to say on here but im pretty sure you know who if you read the posts on a daily basis

"Controversy...nooo we dont want that now ...

All just agree ehe??

"

thats not what i said ,of course were not all going to agree ..jesus miracles take longer lol

so use the forums as you see fit stick within the rules n just have fun with them and ignor the idots who want to cause controversay Who are these people then ?do you really think im stupid to say on here but im pretty sure you know who if you read the posts on a daily basis"

I haven't really seen people who try to cause controversy on here but there are a few hijackers who jump on any thread serious or not .

so use the forums as you see fit stick within the rules n just have fun with them and ignor the idots who want to cause controversay Who are these people then ?do you really think im stupid to say on here but im pretty sure you know who if you read the posts on a daily basisI haven't really seen people who try to cause controversy on here but there are a few hijackers who jump on any thread serious or not . "

well like youve said we all have our own opinions you have urs i have mine

And i have Mine

edinburgh

Threads evolve.... The same as conversations evolve......

Thats what the forums are for were all unique and very diffrent so each to their own

Glasgow

I read the forums now and again but dont post much. Many of the posts just look like nonsense but, as others have pointed out, you can just avoid them.

In my opinion though this thread is an example of why some people choose not to post or hardly ever post in the forums.

"I read the forums now and again but dont post much. Many of the posts just look like nonsense but, as others have pointed out, you can just avoid them.

In my opinion though this thread is an example of why some people choose not to post or hardly ever post in the forums."

I agree the same people moaning about derailing post have done just that on here ..anyway no saying another word on it as this isnt what the post was about in the first place xxxx

Maybe just a better balance between the threads Is all we need guys

Blimmey, i thought this was one of these 3week old,recovered, pinged back up kinda threads with 60+ comments, but its a new 2hr old thing, so what you sayin to it you 1% ersss? lol

edinburgh

"Maybe just a better balance between the threads Is all we need guys "

Folk are free to post any kind of threads they choose.....

"Maybe just a better balance between the threads Is all we need guys

Folk are free to post any kind of threads they choose..... "

I know but maybe some ppl are upset about their threads getting wasted I dont know the answer I just go with the flow now But other are not posting

Glasgow

Folk are free to post any kind of threads they choose..... "

But that doesnt really help if the threads descend into the mess that this one threatened to turn into.

edinburgh

Well I'm happy to only post serious comments in serious threads and have a laugh on the ones that are for that.... But others seem to want to pick at folk for having fun... What's the answer?

EDINBURGH

On here,as in life,those with "the banter" are usually the most mind numbingly boring people .

Folk are free to post any kind of threads they choose.....

But that doesnt really help if the threads descend into the mess that this one threatened to turn into."

I think this has turn into a really good thread myself

edinburgh

"On here,as in life,those with "the banter" are usually the most mind numbingly boring people ."

Really??? Funny that I usually find the ones that moan all the time are the most mind numbingly boring.......

"On here,as in life,those with "the banter" are usually the most mind numbingly boring people ."
Dont really think that help us sort this out mate

Glasgow

"Well I'm happy to only post serious comments in serious threads and have a laugh on the ones that are for that.... But others seem to want to pick at folk for having fun... What's the answer? "

I wouldnt call it picking at folk for having fun. Its more about keeping threads on track and encouraging people who never, or hardly ever, use the forum to become involved.

EDINBURGH

"On here,as in life,those with "the banter" are usually the most mind numbingly boring people .Dont really think that help us sort this out mate"

Fair point.I guess i was just trying to show my frustration at the inane nonsence posted on here sometimes.

"Well I'm happy to only post serious comments in serious threads and have a laugh on the ones that are for that.... But others seem to want to pick at folk for having fun... What's the answer?

I wouldnt call it picking at folk for having fun. Its more about keeping threads on track and encouraging people who never, or hardly ever, use the forum to become involved. "

Dont really see ppl getting pick on But fair points

Glasgow

Neither do I. But apparently others do.

Has anyone noticed that this Forum is actually called SCOTTISH SWINGERS CHAT? That there are other Forums for various things such as a Lounge, Swingers, Clubs, Advice where you can discuss a variety of subjects - some serious, some humorous.

On the matter of this Forum I see many threads, some serious (not many), some funny (plenty, I think that goes hand in hand that Scots ARE a funny nation by nature), some just plain interesting. I'm kinda new to Forums & received a warm welcome (& hope I reciprocate to others that welcome). I agree some posts do descend rapidly into a more casual chat & am guilty of that myself - I like to be lighthearted & enjoy the banter, but can also put on sensible head & think about matters more in depth. It goes with the territory on ANY site that regulars will have a way of flavouring it with their style & those styles change & adapt with each new persons involvement. However sites are public forums & anyone has their opportunity to make their mark. An equal opportunity to make their voice & their style a part of that site. It's just a matter if taking the time to get to know the folk that are using the site, regularly or infrequently, & to whatever degree they think they wish to be involved.

I hope this contributes a healthy addition to this thread without fear of accusations of "hijacking".

"On here,as in life,those with "the banter" are usually the most mind numbingly boring people .Dont really think that help us sort this out mate

Fair point.I guess i was just trying to show my frustration at the inane nonsence posted on here sometimes."

Everyone should feel welcome here If they dont something is wrong And need fix guys

edinburgh

"Well I'm happy to only post serious comments in serious threads and have a laugh on the ones that are for that.... But others seem to want to pick at folk for having fun... What's the answer?

I wouldnt call it picking at folk for having fun. Its more about keeping threads on track and encouraging people who never, or hardly ever, use the forum to become involved. "

oh I think it would be great if more folk posted and I agree that serious threads should be kept that way... I see new posters being welcomed usually and there's quite a few new ones recently

But there's a lot of threads that would die after 3 posts if they didn't evolve

So I'm asking ( in a nice way) where did you see this thread going?

Glasgow

I wouldnt call it picking at folk for having fun. Its more about keeping threads on track and encouraging people who never, or hardly ever, use the forum to become involved. oh I think it would be great if more folk posted and I agree that serious threads should be kept that way... I see new posters being welcomed usually and there's quite a few new ones recently

But there's a lot of threads that would die after 3 posts if they didn't evolve

So I'm asking ( in a nice way) where did you see this thread going? "

I actually think the thread is turning out to be decent now after initially being hijacked with 'banter'

So if you dont agree...

Your Moaning???

Just askn so i know?

edinburgh

"So if you dont agree...

Your Moaning???

Just askn so i know?

"

And once again.... No one is expected to agree with everything that's said !

Just saying .....

edinburgh

"

I actually think the thread is turning out to be decent now after initially being hijacked with 'banter'"

Yeah I agree

"So if you dont agree...

Your Moaning???

Just askn so i know?

"

Why? do you have to do that We are trying to work out away forward Dont keep taking a step back plzzzz thank you

Excuse me...

Isnt this a Forum where you can say And ask questions?

Above Posters are saying "moaners"

Just Wondering because i dont agree with the backslapping and joined the happy Gang im classed as a moaner?

Has anyone checked the humour, banter, fun that regulars in other regional Forums post in their regions? The same serious threads descend into banter there too. Scotland Forum Chat is not the exception. On another site I use (a US one) they have infinitely more Forum subject matters & rooms so the threads tend to be for folk interested in those particular topics but Fab doesn't have that. It's more tailored to its UK audience. Why have more rooms if only 1% actually use the Forums? That means servers, servers means money & of that 1% how many are paying members who support the site? There's also a Forum where you CAN make suggestions to the site owners for more Forums if that's what members are asking for - you just need to ask.

Glasgow

If you look at this thread though as an example, it wasnt a case of it descending into 'banter', it happened almost immediately in the first few posts.

"Excuse me...

Just Wondering because i dont agree with the backslapping and joined the happy Gang im classed as a moaner?

"

You dont need to join the happy gang to post You dont even need to like them Post more and you may even like some of them Hope you,s guys like me

Dont think more forums are needed...

They would still be sabotaged Like most in here.

Its about quality rather than Quantity

Think some just like seeing there name in black n write

"Excuse me...

You dont need to join the happy gang to post You dont even need ito like them Post more and you may even like some of them Hope you,s guys like me "

babe....beleive it Or not...Its not a popularity Contest xx

"If you look at this thread though as an example, it wasnt a case of it descending into 'banter', it happened almost immediately in the first few posts."

Yip once you get past the "banter"

Its been a really Good post so thank youxxx

"Excuse me...

You dont need to join the happy gang to post You dont even need ito like them Post more and you may even like some of them Hope you,s guys like me babe....beleive it Or not...Its not a popularity Contest xx"

I know it about fun a laff I am my own man I dont do gangs Some nites i like a laff other i dont But really does this really matter that much xxxxx

Of course it Does...

Same as all the What i had for my dinner

What im watching on tv

What im drinking right now posts

"Of course it Does...

Same as all the What i had for my dinner

What im watching on tv

What im drinking right now posts

"

Are you tell me you did not read the threads As i say i done a thread and the truth i was not happy i tht it got wasted Maybe i should have said at the time xxx

"Excuse me...

You dont need to join the happy gang to post You dont even need ito like them Post more and you may even like some of them Hope you,s guys like me babe....beleive it Or not...Its not a popularity Contest xxI know it about fun a laff I am my own man I dont do gangs Some nites i like a laff other i dont But really does this really matter that much xxxxx "

Gangs on here ? Really ?

By *ustforalaugh1Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I've only recently discovered the forums tbh.

I find them a good way to get chatting to people.

The chat rooms are way too fast for me LOL!

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Reading most of the comments I for one am glad its only 1%....

Jeez! If this was the majority I would never have any fun.....

We have only recently started posting in the forum, and its only occasionally we do, however we do like to have a read at them sometimes it helps if we got a problem other times it just makes us laugh, gotta say we thought there was a good combination of both ... Serious and fun

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

"Just read a post from admin on another forum that less than 1% of members post on the forums.

Surprised it was so low"

thats the 1% with the most to say,and at times,say to much

"Just read a post from admin on another forum that less than 1% of members post on the forums.

Surprised it was so low

thats the 1% with the most to say,and at times,say to much "

well get posting It here for everyone guys

"It's true never aff the bloody thing some peeps pmsl yeah pain in the ass!!! ok I will take a rest My ass is sore any way Were is Randy pmsl "

And just WHY did you want to bring me into this?

I'm one of the 1% that posts more inane drivel than most, poke fun relentlessly & doesn't take life let alone threads seriously. Honestly, some folk. Pfft.

Well I hope this thread has cleared the air a little ,and we all look at ourself There no right or wrong here just ppl trying to have fun .So plzzzz let's think of other when posting and everyone enjoy xxxxxx

"Well I hope this thread has cleared the air a little ,and we all look at ourself There no right or wrong here just ppl trying to have fun .So plzzzz let's think of other when posting and everyone enjoy xxxxxx "

I may give up posting for Lent.

By *ictiiWitchCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

couple of points here...

If the current "gang" thats hijacks everyones posts with banter stopped posting tomorrow, another "gang" would take it's place.

The more serious threads have rarely been hijacked, see the bedroom tax and maggie threads. As i have seen it some posts have been hijacked to keep them going, or to deal with a faux pas by a poster. like the tartare sauce incident...

If you don't like one of the fun threads like snog/shag/blow their arse off. Don't read them. pure and simple.

The completely strange thing about forums is that things like this happen fairly often, and i have seen a few change because of people complaining about cliques etc. pretty soon the forum goes downhill, because the core group of posters were keeping things interesting. The topics got boring because everyone was trying to not offend anyone by god forbid! being themselves, and we lost members because instead of seeing a place with a lively atmosphere they basically see a ghost of a forum where the people who didn't have the social skills to join in in the first place sit and have 4 line threads until they give up too.

You want the forum to change because some people are having fun on here and you don't feel included? well i'm sorry but what you see as thread hijacking is what i have seen as some few members trying to include people in the "gang" by trying to get involved in the post.

As has often been said, be careful what you wish for.

Did the hijack get hijacked?

A lot of the posts are interesting, entertaining, insightful, or funny

If the topics,debates, banter, gets people involved and sharing their opinions or personality and humour with the other 1% (without being too mean to one another) then thats got to be a positive in my opinion

Whats worse than a forum full of posts where nobody has responded to any posts for whatever reason. So for the 1% who does get involved whether its to agree or disagree, stick to the subject or change it..we should continue to keep expressing ourselves and encourage others to get involved in the forums aswell or atleast make them aware of them as a lot more people could contribute to, learn from, or enjoy them. Sharing is caring

99% of the time im on Here im enjoying reading the forums and completely forget I should be busy messaging couples that arent lookin for single guys and askin them if they fancy a meet

Anyway I got to go!! I got a message waiting on me!!!

A great thread with everybody getting their point in,without being rude. So everyone get posting the more the better. Wish I could make everyone happy. But maybe someone with more brains will come up with something.

» Add a new message to this topic