FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Nightshift

Nightshift

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nglish Rose2015 OP   Woman 3 days ago

west lothian

Anyone on here work it

Been offered it at work moneys good I could do with that but not sure if I could handle working at night

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cotyt4funMan 3 days ago

livingston

I work nightshift every 3rd week, which takes a bit of getting used to ( sleep patterns)Constant nightshift would probably be better as you would be on the same routine every week. xx

By *obstoneMan 3 days ago

Hamilton

I used to work constant night shift 7 nights on 7 off.

Took a bit of getting used to but got into it and really enjoy having the time off.

By *hepleaser666Man 3 days ago

Inverness

As some one that can start of days and change to nights throughout the week it’s hard at first but you do get used to it most places will understand if you aren’t used to it at first can be a killer on your social life tho but only you have make the right call for your personal circumstances

By *heRingerMasterMan 3 days ago

Glasgow

I work in events and have done since a teenager so have always been used to really late and really irregular sleep patterns . Is was out the house 12 hours on Friday. Saturday and last night, getting in at 3am at the earliest, sometimes it’s much later. And now I’m wide awake. It does take a lot of getting used to and a toll on health and relationships/social life so definetly don’t go into it lightly. For me the money is worth it as I run my own business and set my own fees . I do feel you need to have a substantial pay off for the sacrifices to be worth it

By *mmz123Man 3 days ago

Erskine

Ive been doing nightshift for years and it is antisocial, maybe thats due to weekends as well. Worse when you have young kids, they do like to keep you awake. Our shift allowance is 15%.

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 3 days ago

Bathgate

I've done it and hated it. Was very long shifts though, 3 years of it was way more than enough for me.

By *inkyDomGuyMan 3 days ago

Dundee

I been doing night shift for 8 years and it recks your body mind and sleep

By (user no longer on site) 3 days ago

Work shifts but I do like nights

By *el65Man 3 days ago

paisley

I worked night shift for years money was good but took toll on social and personal life as it involved weekends

Also turns days into night and vice versa

By *cuba149Man 3 days ago

Glasgow

Shifts for me also, certainly a mindfuck if you are having to chop and change, Earlies back nights, but speaking to some colleagues on constant nights they say it’s a walk in the park.

By *nglish Rose2015 OP   Woman 2 days ago

west lothian

Thanks everyone

It's constant nights 4 on 4 off so gonna involve weekends but am attracted to the 4 days off

By *agerforbothMan 2 days ago

perth

Depends on the job and looks like you will have a pattern which lets the body adjust

Work for nhs and do mix of nights and days and takes a bit of getting used to but a pattern of nights will be ok after first couple of weeks

By *thanDiPoolMan 2 days ago

alloa

5 nights a week. It's tough. But great money. It's really depends if you want a bit of a social life or not xD

By *ennyjMan 2 days ago

falkirk

Certainly affects sleep pattern and social side of life although 4on 4off sounds a bit more attractive and can planning things in advance more

By *cotyt4funMan 2 days ago

livingston

That's not a bad shift pattern, 4 days off sounds amazing,easier to plan your social life. xx

By *ub-seekerMan 2 days ago

Glasgow

"Thanks everyone

It's constant nights 4 on 4 off so gonna involve weekends but am attracted to the 4 days off "

It’s probably not really 4 days off

Day 1 will be recovery from 4 nights on. Day 4 will be sleep prep for your next stint

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 2 days ago

Bathgate

"Thanks everyone

It's constant nights 4 on 4 off so gonna involve weekends but am attracted to the 4 days off

It’s probably not really 4 days off

Day 1 will be recovery from 4 nights on. Day 4 will be sleep prep for your next stint "

I've found that when working nights. The day that you finish, you're good for nothing as tired from night before. Then when you start, you're trying to rest before you start and that is almost impossible when you've had a night's sleep before.

By *SCouple81Couple 2 days ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

I work nights as a part of a shift pattern and don't mind them but doing only nights would be different matter. Having good few days off after is good even if you work weekends. Puts a toll on a social life though.

By *antricguyMan 2 days ago

cambuslang

I do constant nightshift, suits me and I feel I sleep more than I do when I’m dayshift

By *luebell888Woman 2 days ago

Glasgowish

Been nightshift for over 25yrs. It has good and bad points but it suits me.

By *nglish Rose2015 OP   Woman 2 days ago

west lothian

Thanks everybody appreciated

I think am gonna take it but on a trial basis at first see how it goes

By *uietbloke67Man 2 days ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

"Thanks everyone

It's constant nights 4 on 4 off so gonna involve weekends but am attracted to the 4 days off "

You don't get 4 off

Days off

1 - recovering and trying to get a sleep pattern of nights.

2 - fall asleep on the couch at 6pm for 3.5 seconds. In bed at 10. Wide awake at 4am.

3. See day 2.

4. Fuck it I'll get pished and knock myself out with the drink.

Nights shift

1. Starting work tonight....heeds bursting with. Hangover and the thought of 12 hours is killing me.

1. On shift....1am. Knackered. 3am could fall over ..5am body starts doing all sorts of weird things.

2. Slept all day so will get through NS

3. Same as 2.

4. Finish in the morning, thank feck. Start wracking your head trying to figure out the best paln to sleep next 4 days

And repeat.

By *crambledMan 1 day ago

Glasgow

I've been permanent night shift for over 20 years now and you do get used to it but getting to that stage takes some work. It can put a damper on your social life but, again, it's not impossible if you work on it... I somehow managed to get in to a relationship and had 2 children through it!

By *ardworker666Man 1 day ago

Glasgow

"Thanks everyone

The 4 days off are brilliant and pay increase is lovely. Suppose depending on your job it varies.

I have that exact pattern and if you can manage your sleep well then it can be worth it.

Either you need to be good at running on less sleep or you need to commit to pattern properly as your diet takes a hit as well as sleep. Xx

By *udamet666Woman 16 hours ago

Kilbirnie

I have worked nights for over 20 years, love it.

By *otuseater11Man 9 hours ago

IRVINE

Am Nightshift tonight still can't get used to it .but on the plus side wages are good

By *lasgowHorseyMan 9 hours ago

Glasgow

"Anyone on here work it

Been offered it at work moneys good I could do with that but not sure if I could handle working at night "

Doing a nightshift Thursday evening Friday morning in Beauly but I'll be grafting so it will fly by but depends what sleep i get before i head up there will depend on when I drive back home to Glasgow

» Add a new message to this topic