FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Dunfermline FC

Dunfermline FC

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have only ever been to one soccer match in my life and so have no real knowledge of how it all works..

Watching tonight's TV news I am at a loss to understand why the Chief Executive of the Scottish Football hierarchy thinks that deducting points and penalising clubs like Dunfermline is anything other than crass stupidity by a man with too much braid on his uniform.

After all it is the fans through the clubs that surely pay his weekly wages.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

its the rules for any club thats goes into administration

its sad but its reality

By *lassic1Man  over a year ago

bellshill

My heart goes out to any sporting club in such crisis but have alook at Rangers situation then realise that its the fans that not only make the club but ARE the club......Forty eight thousand at a division three game....not even Green predicted that.

So Dunfermline fans let the administrators know who is in control.....BUT be prepared to back it up and as they say put your money where your mouth is.

The club has been run into the ground by a disaster of an owner(ex bank of Scotland director), says it all. We will take the punishment, that's the rules, and hopefully be back in a few years better and stronger.

By *sk_morrisseyMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Here, Here! Great club with a proud tradition...long may they survive!

think the fans should buy it

just like st mirren has done

By *ikkiBWoman  over a year ago

Falkirk

Ill probably get told to shut up with this one and it may be a "girl" comment to make on football but Ive said for a couple years that they should give clubs who are playing within their means or fairly close to within their means extra points. So you could say get Celtic winning a league but spend way to much to do it and have Motherwell play within their means, celtic get deducted points for technically playing unfair, motherwell gets a bonus for playing fair... that way they are more encouraged to spend what they have and only what they have.

Or is that too common sense? lol

"think the fans should buy it

just like st mirren has done"

They are aiming for supporters control ultimately, way to go

By *reacherUKMan  over a year ago

Livingston

Scottish football has become a joke. The clubs (including Dunfermline) never listen to the fans.

Anyone who believes playing each other 4 or more times a year has not really considered things properly.

I know no one who doesn't think that 2 leagues of 18 is better ... Home & Away.

When I see what has happened today to a brilliant club like Dunfermline I realise why I support and go to watch a Premiership Club. (Not Man Utd)

» Add a new message to this topic