FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Dodgey subject

Dodgey subject

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is bound to get me battered by people with opinions so ill start by saying this isnt about it being my view im just curious

The philpot saga continues and the evil controlling man is gonna have the book at him.one view is he did it because he wanted a bigger house or wanted his benefits back after one of his women left with some of the kids.

Now heres the warp in this question do you think people on benefits with spare rooms and not wanting to move will have more kids to use that room and at the same time ask for more benefits ?

As I said this isnt my view this is a question so no dickheads sending messages abusing me lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Will the idiotic government and there silly room tax get a big kick in the balls when this ends up costing them more

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nothing wrong moving to a smaller house .. Large families need the larger houses .. Common sense . At last government are thinking straight ??? Xx

Its just like people will have kids when their eldest becomes 7 (soon to become 5) as they move to jobseekers and will be forced to look for work. The easiest way is to only pay child benefit for up to 3 children. Have more if you want but you have to pay for them.

"Nothing wrong moving to a smaller house .. Large families need the larger houses .. Common sense . At last government are thinking straight ??? Xx"

Part of me agrees cos lets not forget anyone living in a council property pays more if the place is larger already so shouldnt have to move but I guess if your on benefits technically your not paying to stay there but theres always circumstances I.e temporary joblessness or been in the house for a long time so I guess each case should be individual

"Its just like people will have kids when their eldest becomes 7 (soon to become 5) as they move to jobseekers and will be forced to look for work. The easiest way is to only pay child benefit for up to 3 children. Have more if you want but you have to pay for them."

My ex has approached it properly my son is only 18mnths and shes using the time until hes at school to better herself by training to be a paramedic.surely thats what the system is for people who have paid in all there life and need help to better themselves?

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Nothing wrong moving to a smaller house .. Large families need the larger houses .. Common sense . At last government are thinking straight ??? Xx"

That's all fine and well if there's smaller houses to move into..... But theres not... So is it fair to charge people for something that's outside their control??

I think if the goverment just erm (in my world)

helped couples geniune couples who dont lie to get benefits, then so many relationships would not break up due to financial pressure.

In the other hand we are a couple wit a small child, male lost his job nearly a year ago, no extra benefits comin in this house hold, because female has a job and is expected to keep all 3 of us

it rages me as so many people say why not just lie, sad but true society is made up of liers and everyone has their own reasons.

The others like us who are honest and wouldnt hav their child deny they have a daddy, unfortunitly have to struggle on in the hope one day the honesty wont be missed, and we will get repayed.

As for the bedroom tax i think its a way of stopping giro drops xx

is it fair that those working and paying taxes and struggling to pay their mortgages are subsidizing those who don't want to work while they pay pennies towards a large council house?

"Nothing wrong moving to a smaller house .. Large families need the larger houses .. Common sense . At last government are thinking straight ??? Xx

That's all fine and well if there's smaller houses to move into..... But theres not... So is it fair to charge people for something that's outside their control?? "

No deffo not that's why each case is individual but if your a single person with no partner or kids and on benefits should you keep a 3 bed house ? Its not an easy answer is it but maybe if there was an incentive for people ? What if they were offered somewhere smaller and a budget to style it as if youve done yours up thats only fair

"is it fair that those working and paying taxes and struggling to pay their mortgages are subsidizing those who don't want to work while they pay pennies towards a large council house?"

nope not fair at all, and because i the only name on our mortgage i dont get any help towards it, so struggle on lol

edinburgh

"is it fair that those working and paying taxes and struggling to pay their mortgages are subsidizing those who don't want to work while they pay pennies towards a large council house?"

Again with the sweeping generalisations.... Not every person effected with this is someone who doesn't want to work!!! There just are not enough jobs out there in case you haven't noticed.... Granted there are folk that don't want to work and never have but they will be the ones that find a way around it and the genuine ones will suffer

Oh and no this wont affect me as I work

"is it fair that those working and paying taxes and struggling to pay their mortgages are subsidizing those who don't want to work while they pay pennies towards a large council house?

Again with the sweeping generalisations.... Not every person effected with this is someone who doesn't want to work!!! There just are not enough jobs out there in case you haven't noticed.... Granted there are folk that don't want to work and never have but they will be the ones that find a way around it and the genuine ones will suffer

Oh and no this wont affect me as I work "

so true i feel lucky just to have a job and not the one hunting

edinburgh

"Nothing wrong moving to a smaller house .. Large families need the larger houses .. Common sense . At last government are thinking straight ??? Xx

That's all fine and well if there's smaller houses to move into..... But theres not... So is it fair to charge people for something that's outside their control??

No deffo not that's why each case is individual but if your a single person with no partner or kids and on benefits should you keep a 3 bed house ? Its not an easy answer is it but maybe if there was an incentive for people ? What if they were offered somewhere smaller and a budget to style it as if youve done yours up thats only fair"

But it's not taken on individual cases it's across the board and apart from not being enough smaller places they are not going to pay out money to decorate when they are trying to "save" money

I agree that it's unfair to be in a larger house than is needed but if they don't have anywhere to move to then they have to pay

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Shag .....oops wrong thread

This is just going to end up costing the government MORE in benefits.

There aren't enough council one bed flats to go about, FACT. So people are going to have to move to either private or housing assocciation where the rents are more.

I.E. My two bed flat is £440 per month, (council). A private one bed flat in my area is £550 per month! If i was to lose my job, and move to the one bed, wouldn't that cost MORE in benefits? Wheres the sense in that?

[Removed by poster at 03/04/13 17:50:04]

My ex's friend had four kids and wanted another so she could get a bigger house and more benefits. Her and her boyfriend never worked.

What motivation is there to improve your life if you get everything handed to you?

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

That's all fine and well if there's smaller houses to move into..... But theres not... So is it fair to charge people for something that's outside their control?? "

This is becoming my mantra - when will prople listen!

Shy

By *r and Mrs SnogalotCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is becoming my mantra - when will prople listen!

Shy"

Make that people!!!

"is it fair that those working and paying taxes and struggling to pay their mortgages are subsidizing those who don't want to work while they pay pennies towards a large council house?

Again with the sweeping generalisations.... Not every person effected with this is someone who doesn't want to work!!! There just are not enough jobs out there in case you

haven't noticed.... Granted there are folk that don't want to work and never have but they will be the ones that find a way around it and the genuine ones will suffer

Oh and no this wont affect me as I work "

i am not generalizaing i am talking about specific group of people and you can't deny that a large amount of those on benefits could but don't wish to work. there are jobs out there, most people could walk into a call centre tomorrow and find work.

edinburgh

Again with the sweeping generalisations.... Not every person effected with this is someone who doesn't want to work!!! There just are not enough jobs out there in case you

haven't noticed.... Granted there are folk that don't want to work and never have but they will be the ones that find a way around it and the genuine ones will suffer

i am not generalizaing i am talking about specific group of people and you can't deny that a large amount of those on benefits could but don't wish to work. there are jobs out there, most people could walk into a call centre tomorrow and find work. "

Have you been to the job centre recently???

i am not generalizaing i am talking about specific group of people and you can't deny that a large amount of those on benefits could but don't wish to work. there are jobs out there, most people could walk into a call centre tomorrow and find work. "

Unfortunately that isn't the case. I know when I was job hunting I couldn't get work in a lot of call centres because I have a poor credit history. Phone companies didn't trust me to do customer service because of some issues I had with a debt 3 years ago, hmph.

It really isn't as easy to find work as you think, I came from Aberdeen down to Glasgow thinking I wouldn't have an issue. I had a fair bit of experience in a particular sector and had worked in a supervisory position etc. I could not get work for love nor money, even in positions which were well below my skill set, so how would those who have never worked or not worked in decades fare? Plus, what employer would want them over the thousands of experienced and skilled job hunters out there? I know if I was running a business I probably wouldn't want to take on someone who had never worked over someone with experience etc and in this climate employers can definitely be as picky as they want!

Im lucky im a joiner/landscaper/plasterer/plumber etc and work for myself and its amazing how many tradesmen are out of work yet people are always on the lookout for a reliable honest builder ? In this instance having a trade and not working shouldnt happen I started in glasgow with nothing and took any job needing done including emptying a blocked massarator (eewwwww) and because im honest and good at what I do I have lots of recommendations. If people arent skilled they can always put out flyers offering grass cutting or garden tidys I know I did

I wish when id been out of work someone had told me you can get paid for donating sperm .

Christ man the amount of money thats slipped through my fingers

Lol

Its crass I know but I thought funny lol

i am not generalizaing i am talking about specific group of people and you can't deny that a large amount of those on benefits could but don't wish to work. there are jobs out there, most people could walk into a call centre tomorrow and find work.

Have you been to the job centre recently??? "

i have been unlucky enough to have been put out of work three times in 2 years. i have never been looking for more than 2 weeks. there are jobs out there. some shit ones but jobs none the less.

just some facts for the daily mail n sun readers here...of all the people currently on benefits...only 1.5% have never worked and only 4% have more than two kids...shame taxpayers (like me) were asking why a hundred billion of our tax money is being spunked on white elephant trident but we are happy to see kids in this country living in poverty...

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"This is just going to end up costing the government MORE in benefits.

There aren't enough council one bed flats to go about, FACT. So people are going to have to move to either private or housing assocciation where the rents are more.

I.E. My two bed flat is £440 per month, (council). A private one bed flat in my area is £550 per month! If i was to lose my job, and move to the one bed, wouldn't that cost MORE in benefits? Wheres the sense in that? "

Although the one bedroom flat may cost £550.00 per month, that doesn't mean that you will get all that paid by housing benefit. There's a formula that's used to work out the maximum that will be paid and for a 1 bedroom flat in the private sector it could be less than £400 a month.

"This is just going to end up costing the government MORE in benefits.

I.E. My two bed flat is £440 per month, (council). A private one bed flat in my area is £550 per month! If i was to lose my job, and move to the one bed, wouldn't that cost MORE in benefits? Wheres the sense in that?

Although the one bedroom flat may cost £550.00 per month, that doesn't mean that you will get all that paid by housing benefit. There's a formula that's used to work out the maximum that will be paid and for a 1 bedroom flat in the private sector it could be less than £400 a month."

You would think eh. But nope, theres a few single guys that frequent my local and they are in private accom getting full housing benefit of £550 per month. Thats the cut off point apparently, it goes up to £600 for a two bed after that!

» Add a new message to this topic