FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Eyes to the skies…

Eyes to the skies…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uctifano OP   Woman 8 weeks ago

Glasgow

… and get away from light pollution. This weekend has the highest chance in around 20 years of seeing the Aurora… here’s hoping

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aylorMan 8 weeks ago

Fife

The doggers are in for a treat tonight

By *idden Gem69Woman 8 weeks ago

north lanarkshire

So beautiful to see the lights

Glasgow

"So beautiful to see the lights"

They were glorious!!! First time I’ve seen them, I’m chuffed to bits

By *vbride1963TV/TS 8 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

"So beautiful to see the lights

They were glorious!!! First time I’ve seen them, I’m chuffed to bits "

Was some greens and reds viable from the Eaglesham moor road the traffic was absolutely unbelievable heading to the wind farm . Taking pics on iPhone gave the best results far more detail than with naked eye .

By *vbride1963TV/TS 8 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

Visible oops

By *aldGingerMan 8 weeks ago

Glasgow

Couldn’t see them too well but when I started taking photos, wow - never experienced that before. Beautiful.

By *aldGingerMan 8 weeks ago

Glasgow

"So beautiful to see the lights

They were glorious!!! First time I’ve seen them, I’m chuffed to bits

Was some greens and reds viable from the Eaglesham moor road the traffic was absolutely unbelievable heading to the wind farm . Taking pics on iPhone gave the best results far more detail than with naked eye . "

I could barely see the lights but my photos look like I took them in a Norwegian fjord

By *anny_stevensMan 8 weeks ago

holytown

Yeah was out with dog when it hit got some cracking pics of the sky, theres been more explosions thats on the way, but typical scottish weather its raining the rest of the week

By *olarbear73Man 8 weeks ago

Visiting Chester

It was an amazing lightshow over the central belt

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 8 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I got a few great pics and so over the moon to have witnessed it.

So strange that I could see them no problem but others couldn't see them unless on their phones.

I switched to night mode and got the best pics too

By *cottishdoggerMan 8 weeks ago

central

Got some cracking pics last night first time seeing them so another one off the bucket list

Glasgow

"I got a few great pics and so over the moon to have witnessed it.

So strange that I could see them no problem but others couldn't see them unless on their phones.

I switched to night mode and got the best pics too "

That’s a good tip, they hope for another display tonight

Glasgow

"Got some cracking pics last night first time seeing them so another one off the bucket list "

Me too except… ideally I’d be in a hot tub or hot spring in Iceland or Finland

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman 8 weeks ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

That’s a good tip, they hope for another display tonight "

yeah I'm at a wee bbq later so hoping to see them again tonight .

holytown

Just had a thunderstorm warning for tonight till monday so might not see anything

Glasgow

That’s a good tip, they hope for another display tonight yeah I'm at a wee bbq later so hoping to see them again tonight ."

I hope you do, not sure if I’ll go out tonight. The roads were crazy out in the countryside near me!

Glasgow

"Just had a thunderstorm warning for tonight till monday so might not see anything "

Always worth keeping an eye on the wee apps for the aurora before you go

holytown

"Just had a thunderstorm warning for tonight till monday so might not see anything

Always worth keeping an eye on the wee apps for the aurora before you go "

Yeah ive downloaded one last night

Glasgow

"Just had a thunderstorm warning for tonight till monday so might not see anything

Always worth keeping an eye on the wee apps for the aurora before you go

Yeah ive downloaded one last night "

I have Aurora and Aurora Watch UK. They both seem quite accurate

By *hyme2020Woman 7 weeks ago

Glasgow Scotland

Disappointed we haven’t seen the same tonight as last night. Was absolutely stunning last night!!

By *uctifano OP   Woman 7 weeks ago

Glasgow

"Disappointed we haven’t seen the same tonight as last night. Was absolutely stunning last night!! "

Yep same, still it was great to see it. First time for me

By *uietbloke67Man 7 weeks ago

outside your bedroom window ;-)

I missed it ....any chance of a wee jump on you as a sort of compensation package

By *aylorMan 5 weeks ago

Fife

Seemingly they will be on display next week in the Edinburgh area, so long as there are no clouds

By *uctifano OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I missed it ....any chance of a wee jump on you as a sort of compensation package "

Yer no shy!!! I like that

Glasgow

"Seemingly they will be on display next week in the Edinburgh area, so long as there are no clouds "

Noted

By *ookie69Man 5 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

Nanoo Nanoo!

By *ampWithABrainWoman 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

What’s best time to look? Am I best going to local park or would I be able to see from my flat (3rd floor)

By *uffdiver400Man 5 weeks ago

Cumnock

"What’s best time to look? Am I best going to local park or would I be able to see from my flat (3rd floor) "

If it’s clear enough you’ll see it from your flat without any problems

Glasgow

"What’s best time to look? Am I best going to local park or would I be able to see from my flat (3rd floor) "

Get some of the apps. I have Aurora watch and Aurora UK. I had my doubts about them until a couple of weeks ago. They went crazy. However there are a few provisos. At this time of year solar activity would need to be off the scale as we have long days. Sometimes it doesn’t get fully dark and best chances of seeing the lights are with dark skies. Next problem CLEAR skies… you also have to be away from a city as light pollution means you won’t see them either. If you overcome all of that … it’s stunning x

Glasgow

"What’s best time to look? Am I best going to local park or would I be able to see from my flat (3rd floor)

If it’s clear enough you’ll see it from your flat without any problems "

With strong enough activity and dark clear skies it is possible. My son saw them from his flat.

By *aylorMan 5 weeks ago

Fife

Solar activity is supposedly very active

Glasgow

"Solar activity is supposedly very active "

Solar activity goes in cycles of on average 11 years and this is a peak year. There was a clash of two massive flares a couple of weeks ago when we had the sightings as far south as London. Here’s hoping there’s another

By *aylorMan 5 weeks ago

Fife

"Solar activity is supposedly very active

Solar activity goes in cycles of on average 11 years and this is a peak year. There was a clash of two massive flares a couple of weeks ago when we had the sightings as far south as London. Here’s hoping there’s another "

Fingers crossed here aswell

By *ordflash heartMan 5 weeks ago

Motherwell

Solar activity goes in cycles of on average 11 years and this is a peak year. There was a clash of two massive flares a couple of weeks ago when we had the sightings as far south as London. Here’s hoping there’s another "

Does the stars and universe intrest you ? I think it’s mind boggling some of the statistics.

By *ookie69Man 5 weeks ago

Whistle Dixie

I’ve noticed on the Planet of Fab that there can be an Aurora of sightings on some women’s profiles were the views are very erotic. However, it can be rare to see the full spectrum of their Aurora of stunning detail on their private gallery unless you get lucky and clash with Neptune of love making in the dark sky of seductive mood lighting.

Only then you can thank your lucky stars and see the amazing beauty.

Don’t send photos of your rocket as many women will revert to seen one rocket you’ve seen them all and potentially think your a space cadet.

Just sayin

By *vbride1963TV/TS 5 weeks ago

E.K . Glasgow

Solar activity goes in cycles of on average 11 years and this is a peak year. There was a clash of two massive flares a couple of weeks ago when we had the sightings as far south as London. Here’s hoping there’s another

Does the stars and universe intrest you ? I think it’s mind boggling some of the statistics. "

She’s looked at my profile so clearly has stars in her eyes .

Motherwell

Does the stars and universe intrest you ? I think it’s mind boggling some of the statistics.

She’s looked at my profile so clearly has stars in her eyes . "

I bet she has stalked you many times

Glasgow

Does the stars and universe intrest you ? I think it’s mind boggling some of the statistics. "

Yes, it is mind boggling For example scientists are embracing new theories on how the universe works, as in cosmology and quantum physics. The most recent thoughts are that the universe is composed of 4% matter, 23% dark matter and 73% dark energy (roughly) but there is much we still don’t understand such as black holes and a host of other cosmic phenomena.

Motherwell

Yes, it is mind boggling For example scientists are embracing new theories on how the universe works, as in cosmology and quantum physics. The most recent thoughts are that the universe is composed of 4% matter, 23% dark matter and 73% dark energy (roughly) but there is much we still don’t understand such as black holes and a host of other cosmic phenomena. "

It’s the scale of size tbat gets me, the James Webb is a game changer you might find that lots of things might need to be re thought. Joe Rogan has interviewed Brian Cox have you seen this ? Brian cox is great at explaining things.

Glasgow

Yes, it is mind boggling For example scientists are embracing new theories on how the universe works, as in cosmology and quantum physics. The most recent thoughts are that the universe is composed of 4% matter, 23% dark matter and 73% dark energy (roughly) but there is much we still don’t understand such as black holes and a host of other cosmic phenomena.

It’s the scale of size tbat gets me, the James Webb is a game changer you might find that lots of things might need to be re thought. Joe Rogan has interviewed Brian Cox have you seen this ? Brian cox is great at explaining things. "

No I haven’t seen that but yes Brian Cox does have a talent for explaining the cosmos. The scale of the universe is indeed mind blowing and the images we are getting from deep space are phenomenal. Not sure this link will work but love this

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Y9nh63Zd4BFeBsU2/?mibextid=WC7FNe

Motherwell

It’s the scale of size tbat gets me, the James Webb is a game changer you might find that lots of things might need to be re thought. Joe Rogan has interviewed Brian Cox have you seen this ? Brian cox is great at explaining things.

No I haven’t seen that but yes Brian Cox does have a talent for explaining the cosmos. The scale of the universe is indeed mind blowing and the images we are getting from deep space are phenomenal. Not sure this link will work but love this

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Y9nh63Zd4BFeBsU2/?mibextid=WC7FNe"

If you get a chance it’s a good watch, couldn’t get link to work thanks anyway

By *ampWithABrainWoman 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Thank you for replies to my question. Hoping to catch them tonight if I can

Glasgow

"Thank you for replies to my question. Hoping to catch them tonight if I can "

My apps showing little to no chance but hope you’re lucky. Sometimes you can see early activity better through your phone x

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

I have been spoiled the last 5 years or so and have witnessed a few crackers,all to the naked eye.

» Add a new message to this topic