FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Banks

Banks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Most things of the ironic type i find funny, but Banks!!

One bank made £375million Loss over last year, but still have set aside millions to pay employees bonuses?

When we everyday account holders go overdrawn, within 2 to 3 days we get a letter telling us,along with a charge for doing so,yet when we try to reclaim ppi,that for some reason takes months to deal with.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's is mind boggling to me how can they do this when its there fault the country is in this state

My gripe about the bank is how little money I make on cash isas ,,, I put thousands in , keep it there for years and cause in the interest rate is so low I don't get good returns ,,,, as for people going overdrawn they shouldn't be overdrawn in the first place

"My gripe about the bank is how little money I make on cash isas ,,, I put thousands in , keep it there for years and cause in the interest rate is so low I don't get good returns ,,,, as for people going overdrawn they shouldn't be overdrawn in the first place "

Err,are you a banker?????Think you just might be!!!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"My gripe about the bank is how little money I make on cash isas ,,, I put thousands in , keep it there for years and cause in the interest rate is so low I don't get good returns ,,,, as for people going overdrawn they shouldn't be overdrawn in the first place

Err,are you a banker?????Think you just might be!!!"

No,,its a wind up,, think he's gettin nectar points mixed up with cash,,lol

He'll be fine once the supermarkets accept ISA's at the tills!!

Well part of the reason they are making a loss is because they are setting aside (our) money to pay the bonuses. Take your money out the bank, put it in a Building Society or even your local Credit Union.

If we as customers don't have the money in our accounts to treat ourselves to a takeaway, or a night at the cinema we simply do without because it would mean we have a negative on our balance. I think this culture of paying bonuses when a company as a whole hasn't got the funds to pay (even AFTER the taxpayers bail out) sends out the wrong message that it is ok to continue rewarding yourself when clearly you don't have the money to do so. Yet David Cameron says he wants to stop the EU putting processes in place to limit banks & bonuses whilst telling us to save, & we have to put up with higher costs, more tax, less return & cuts from services, real term cuts in wages etc. Yet the MPs also vote for a wage increase for themselves, a guaranteed pension & expenses for everything. They are public servants too as are the bankers (effectively, as we own them).

Ironically, the turnouts at elections are down when it's the very time we need to be writing to local MPs, seeing them at their surgeries, taking issues & concerns to them & getting out & voting to make sure they realise we've had enough of these self-serving scroungers who rape us of our hard earned cash.

Rant over (for now).

By *illdeeCouple  over a year ago

nr Edinburgh

"Well part of the reason they are making a loss is because they are setting aside (our) money to pay the bonuses. Take your money out the bank, put it in a Building Society or even your local Credit Union.

If we as customers don't have the money in our accounts to treat ourselves to a takeaway, or a night at the cinema we simply do without because it would mean we have a negative on our balance. I think this culture of paying bonuses when a company as a whole hasn't got the funds to pay (even AFTER the taxpayers bail out) sends out the wrong message that it is ok to continue rewarding yourself when clearly you don't have the money to do so. Yet David Cameron says he wants to stop the EU putting processes in place to limit banks & bonuses whilst telling us to save, & we have to put up with higher costs, more tax, less return & cuts from services, real term cuts in wages etc. Yet the MPs also vote for a wage increase for themselves, a guaranteed pension & expenses for everything. They are public servants too as are the bankers (effectively, as we own them).

Ironically, the turnouts at elections are down when it's the very time we need to be writing to local MPs, seeing them at their surgeries, taking issues & concerns to them & getting out & voting to make sure they realise we've had enough of these self-serving scroungers who rape us of our hard earned cash.

Rant over (for now)."

Well said, Sir!!!

No I'm sorry but some people do have savings ,,, not all people spend more than they can afford , I was always taught if you want something be patient and save ,,,

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"My gripe about the bank is how little money I make on cash isas ,,, I put thousands in , keep it there for years and cause in the interest rate is so low I don't get good returns ,,,, as for people going overdrawn they shouldn't be overdrawn in the first place "

We just took the money out of the ISA's and paid lump sums towards the mortgage. The savings you make in mortgage payments beats anything you'll earn from an ISA.

Bonuses............who exactly is getting these bonuses.

Do you know how much your average bank teller is being paid in salary

It's piss poor I know at least one supermarket chain pays its checkout operators more per hour

By *cotsbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Helensburgh

Screw the banks.

I've been playing about with Bitcoin, an online virtual currency. Free transfers, not "owned" or run by any company etc so it can't go under or have payments get stopped like Paypal often does, no middle man, just me, able to save, spend, or send MY money, where I like. For free.

[Removed by poster at 04/03/13 08:59:27]

The reason the banks are making losses is because people havent been paying them back the money they borrowed.

Key thing is though, if your not happy with your bank, change, although they all have to keep to the same regs which are not particularly consumer friendly.

In the UK people complain because banks charge them a standard fee for having to bounce a cheque or a direct debit. In Dubai, you get anything bounced on your account it can get you put in jail !

» Add a new message to this topic