FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Party themes.

Party themes.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *randmissdemeanour OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

As a regular party holder. (Is that grammatically correct? ) I have ran some with themes- gangster/moll, 70s, film stars etc and many with no themes. I felt the theme breaks the ice but some people feel pressured into having to find a good costume etc. Which is your preference? If theme nights then what has been your favourite?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andy_FraserTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Theme nights can create a good buzz about events, but sometimes you need to make them less specific and look at some generic stuff.

Themes such as Black and White, Beach Party, 80's, 90's etc allow folk a bit more flaxability.

If you do specific things like Vicars & Tarts, Mobsters, Peaky Blinders etc it often means folk finding/buying clothing that they'll likely never wear again.

I hope you knoww hat I mean?

But like I said themes can be good at times, but occasionally you don't need them, the buzz of the event should be enough.

Mandy

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

... im going to go the adding pressure route

sorry to be a party pooper but getting costumes is a hassle, costly and time consuming for the non-creative types..

By *andsCouple  over a year ago

Edin

We never go to any themed party nights, it’s just not for us but I know a lot of people like them.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve held Murder mystery nights for Fabbers and they loved the dressing up. There’s no pressure to do so but it certainly adds a bit of fun. If anyone has spare items you could always have a dressing up box for anyone to borrow an item on the night.

Favourites were 1920’s flapper outfits and feather boas and guys dressed in suits and any excuse to get a corset on.

We’d often bring extra items we had for others to borrow.

I know what you mean though about feeling pressured into buying something.

By *randmissdemeanour OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Yes I always found the flappers successful. If I have a theme night I always insist that it's not obligatory but it does help break down inhibitions. Having said that next Saturdays party has no theme...however if someone wants to play a sexy santa that would be fine.

» Add a new message to this topic