FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Does anyone really like Xmas!

Does anyone really like Xmas!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *clayair OP   Man  over a year ago

central west

Your thoughts

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Your thoughts "
yes I love it but not so keen on new year

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"Your thoughts "

I do as it's time for family to be together .

I'm not going to derail the thread so i'll start a separate one of " what does Christmas mean "

By *jezee1000Man  over a year ago

perth

Cant stand it. Too much pressure to buy too much. Children all grown up so don’t need anything .

Ba Humbug!!

Used to be good when children were young

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No I hate it. So it's another bah humbug from me

By *ellowfellowMan  over a year ago

Annan

With you on that one!

Hate this time of year so many bad memories and trauma, even the trauma of loosing half my hand doesn't replace what this time of the year means to me hate it and all for 1 day fuckkkkk that

By *lex_freMan  over a year ago

galashiels

I’ve overall love it. Was fortunate enough to have good childhood memories of it growing up (I appreciate that it’s not the same for everyone). However I do know that for a lot of us it can be a difficult time of reflection & introspection, including myself for long periods as an adult - based on my personal situation at the time & perhaps an over piling of pressure on myself to “enjoy” it. However, I think through this experience I’ve actually come to appreciate the Christmas period as a time to say: fuck it! I am going to let my hair down, enjoy what I want, and simply do what makes me happy - which is often food, drink and connecting with friends, family & whoever else is game

I think what I’ve come to realise in time is the fact that I love Christmas for more than anything else for the sense of genuine freedom to be myself and enjoy what I want despite everything else and the horrendous weather/darkness outside. This is just my take on things but I feel it very much can be a joyous period, despite everything, if you just want it to be

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"Your thoughts "

Hate it with an aboslute passion!!!

Plastic tat choking the planet lining the pockets of the rich.

No thank you.

used to hate it now i like it..

kids..

Hate it with a passion. Have managed to work Christmas Day for over 25 years. Change of job in the new year means I can’t go into work on Christmas day anymore so I’ll be finding something non Christmas to do from then on.

By *ANDA!Man  over a year ago

DUMFRIES

I've always hated it, especially since I was about 9/10. Stayed with my dad, step mum and step brother. He used to get hundreds and hundreds on £'s worth of stuff. I used to get secondhand shit. We went shopping one day before Christmas and the step mum hit up all the charity shops in the town, bought about half a dozen board games. 2 weeks later these same board games were under the tree for me. Monopoly with half the money missing, replaced with bits of paper with money values in pen. So aye, the dislike of Christmas was set early

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I used to love Christmas and decorating the house and wrapping gifts. Now it’s just me and the kids, in their 20’s, it’s not the same. I do love my kids but the magic was seeing their faces on Christmas morning and getting woken up early. Now, they’ll hardly be up before lunch time and it’s just another Sunday roast with extras.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"Hate it with a passion. Have managed to work Christmas Day for over 25 years. Change of job in the new year means I can’t go into work on Christmas day anymore so I’ll be finding something non Christmas to do from then on. "

You could volunteer to deliver or serve meals for the homeless. Go visit someone in their own in your neighbourhood. There’s bound to be someone who would appreciate your help.

By *andi_CDTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh

hate it with a passion....

By *adbury girlWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I Enjoy Christmas both religious side and family side of it. I was very fortunate in that I had great christmases growing up and coming from a large family it was filled with love and laughter as opposed to presents.

As we are a big family there are big age differences so always young Santa believing children in the family (although think my sister still believes in her mid thirties!) We don’t overspend except maybe on food

I don’t overspend on my kids, never have done, they appreciate every single thing and more so the effort I put into preparing a great Christmas for them.

I just hate having to put the lights on the Christmas tree - it takes ages!!

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Love Christmas, hate New Year

By *bcums3Couple  over a year ago

lanarkshire

Love Christmas, I have wonderful memories of Christmas growing up and have always tried to give our kids the same, family, food laughter and spending time together, I know how lucky we are as not everyone has that x

By *un-shineWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My whole family love this time of year, we even buy little sentimental bits for those who have passed, it's a lovely time of year for the kids but I dont know how I'd feel now that all mine are asult if there were no grandkids x

By *un-shineWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"My whole family love this time of year, we even buy little sentimental bits for those who have passed, it's a lovely time of year for the kids but I dont know how I'd feel now that all mine are asult if there were no grandkids x"

Adults that was aupposed to read lol not 'asult'

By *ighlander80884Man  over a year ago

Inverness

Yes.

By *bwgirlygirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Loved it growing up. Loved it in my 20's /30's Loved it when the kids were young. Love it still now they are bigger. I've got nothing but happy memories

Bit of a love hate thing for me.

It's can be fun and magical but also find it quite heartbreaking because of the pressure it puts of a lot of people etc.

Still, the Christmas tree will go up and Mariah will put on repeat.

I have three young grandchildren,of course I love Christmas

By *implyJayGeeMan  over a year ago

Garthamlock

"Your thoughts "

No, for a bunch of depressing reasons that I won’t bore anyone with but I honestly dread late November and December every year.

My kids are both up now so a lot of the magic is out of it now. Honestly I’d rather just work xmas day and scoop the cash.

Lots of love… cheery me

Usually love it but can't get into it all this year. So not organised either.

I do! I love having a designated family day where everyone knows what to expect, chaos, laughs and very very fully tummies.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

My work closes over the Christmas new year period. Its a good break. Me and kids just chill the whole time.

I've always seen it as a family time. My family is quite small so never any pressure with dinner or visiting relatives.

I always have a new year party for family and friends. This is the first one since covid so will probably be wild

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I got a special early Christmas present today and I totally love it so much

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

Not fussed on Xmas if I'm honest now my child is all grown up. I do like the new years, as I'm always away with close friends, and I can not wait to visit Saundersfoot in West Wales.

By *n Caiptean MorMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Xmas really does nothing for me. It’s too much pressure getting the right presents. I’m really not feeling it this year. I was always more a new year type of person.

» Add a new message to this topic